Chesapeake vs. Lynchburg Clay- Regional Semi

bbn77
All Conference

Chesapeake vs. Lynchburg Clay- Regional Semi

Post by bbn77 »

Back at the convo at 6:00 Wednesday. Thoughts?

ROLL PEAKE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chesapeake vs. Lynchburg Clay- Regional Semi

Post by Ironman92 »

Should be a great game and ticked I can't make it.

Rhoads (sp), Stevens (sp) and Webb are tough guards for Peake. Big guys didn't do as much as I thought and LC's penetration could get them into foul trouble.

Pierson is fun to watch. He and Rhoads could put on a show but Giordano (sp) might be a tough matchup for Peake. LC has a lot of legitimate scorers and that makes them dangerous. They lost or gave the scoring Fairland player a running start a lot in the first half but cleaned it up.

Should be a tight game.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake's bigs have to show up if they have any hope to win in my opinion. Coaching edge and guard play favor the Panthers. But forwards and big men will be dominated by LC

ROLL PEAKE
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbn77 wrote:Chesapeake's bigs have to show up if they have any hope to win in my opinion. Coaching edge and guard play favor the Panthers. But forwards and big men will be dominated by LC
Both teams need their players to stay out of foul trouble. Fairland did not do a good job of that.

How did Chesapeake do vs Fairland twice this year?

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Ironman92 wrote:
bbn77 wrote:Chesapeake's bigs have to show up if they have any hope to win in my opinion. Coaching edge and guard play favor the Panthers. But forwards and big men will be dominated by LC
Both teams need their players to stay out of foul trouble. Fairland did not do a good job of that.

If I'm not mistaking Fairland won both meetings, including the coming back from double digits the second time. However, if we are doing comparisons, Valley beat Fairland by 8.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CGHornet55 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

If I'm not mistaking Fairland won both meetings, including the coming back from double digits the second time. However, if we are doing comparisons, Valley beat Fairland by 8.
Did Valley beat Fairland at Valley?

All 4 teams were quite good tonight.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake lost to Fairland twice this year, both by 15+ Points

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Also if we're doing comparison, Eastern Brown beat Portsmouth, Portsmouth beats Chesapeake twice, then Chesapeake beats Eastern a week ago

ROLL PEAKE
PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

bbn77 wrote:Chesapeake lost to Fairland twice this year, both by 15+ Points
Chesapeake lost @ Fairland, 72-61. Fairland was winning 20-7 after the 1st quarter. The Peake was down by 1 at the start of the 4th quarter.
The Panthers lost @ home 61-41 after leading 22-18 at the half. Fairland exploded in the 2nd half to pull away.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Second game of the night is Marion Pleasant and Sugarcreek Garaway. Any info on these teams? A few years back Chesapeake beat Garaway as part of their Final Four run

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE CHESAPEAKE PANTHERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

bbn77 wrote:Second game of the night is Marion Pleasant and Sugarcreek Garaway. Any info on these teams? A few years back Chesapeake beat Garaway as part of their Final Four run
Marion Pleasant is hot right now. They were the #6 seed in their district.

Garaway is legit. Big, deep and athletic.

Beat Hiland by 20+ in district final. Hiland beat MP early in the year by almost 20.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

I've got to take Lynchburg by 20+ in this one. I know many will disagree with that, but we'll see how it plays out. I've seen Lynchburg play multiple times and know them well.

Grant it, I've only seen Peake play once vs. Eastern Sardinia, but if that was any indication of their typical game, this could be a blowout.....

I do think Peake has the coaching edge, but when it comes to stopping the depth, speed and size of Lynchburg, I think Peake doesn't have the matchups to hang in this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you just never know who can get hot. but I believe Lynchburg to be the favorite presently as well. but everybody in southeastern ohio should be backing the panthers with valley and fairland out.we'd love to see another big trophy head this way. one game at a time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake plays more of a zone type defense and that will limit LC's penetration. If Lynchburg wins they have to shoot like they did against Fairland

ROLL PEAKE
BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Blackcobra wrote:Peake by 11, . strategy wins, just tick off the player with the short fuse, foul trouble = victory.
Insightful strategy, surprised no coaches have tried that yet this year!!??? :lol:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Although I think that Lynchburg Clay is a more talented team, Chesapeake can still win this game. Their defense against Eastern Brown and Valley has been very good, and that is what will have to carry them in this game. I don't think the Panthers can win an up and down the court game. If they can keep the score around 50 points, they could advance to the regional final.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Blackcobra wrote:Peake by 11, . strategy wins, just tick off the player with the short fuse, foul trouble = victory.
He didn't flinch 1 ounce of pout or anger Saturday the entire game. Exact same demeanor down 14 or after his insane basket and and1 ft to tie it.

If that's the plan...Peake is in trouble. Fortunately Coach Davis is one of the best.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

So it sounds like Lynchburg Clay has a head case...lol I feel better about picking peak to win now.... Talented head cases will eventually cost you a big game...Never fails....No matter what level your talking about, pro's college , or HS Most Coaches leave them in a game long enough to cost you ..... instead of sitting them on da pine! lol... I feel Peak wins easily now.....

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Give it a rest already, this young man has been a class act this season. He turned the corner and moved on to better things and a better state of mind, maybe you should do the same, instead of sitting behind a computer screen taking cheap shots at high school basketball players.

Return to “Boys Basketball”