Eastern @ Southern

crouching_tiger
Waterboy

Eastern @ Southern

Post by crouching_tiger »

Its the first game of the season...... Any thoughts?

royrp 2
Waterboy

Re: Eastern@Southern

Post by royrp 2 »

JUST LIKE FOOTBALL!! ONLY WORSE!!

achilles_1
Waterboy

Post by achilles_1 »

Im calling a win by Southern. A close game, but i see Harris opening the season with a big game. Roberts averaged nearly 20pts a game in the first couple of weeks of the season. He slowed a little at the end, but Eastern will have to be ready for a motivated Southern team.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

no way southern can run with eastern

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

I agree, it will be a fast paced game and will come down to whoever is conditioned the best. It will come down to the end but I predict Winebrenner gets Hot. Eagles by 9

classof86
All State

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by classof86 »

Where is the game at?

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

Didnt you two say the same thing about football?? Cant wait to see you get proved wrong AGAIN!! :lol:

And I believe its at Southern!! Just as the subject of this forum says!!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

way to state the obvious, I wonder if you have ever been wrong about a prediction??? Basketball will be a totally different story, this game could go either way but I think Eastern has a better team than Southern, you can say all you want about Roberts and Harris, but when it comes down to it Eastern has a better 1-5 than Southern does

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

southern wins. easily very easily.

TMD
Waterboy

Post by TMD »

What about the injuries to easterns guards? Lynch will be out for the first game and kelly will be back around a week before the game so how will he be ready? Without the presents of lynch eastern isnt even close to the same team....Southern by double digits!!!

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

1-Yeah exactly...It was obvious...so why did you ask..thanks for proving my point! And there is a difference than making a prediction and just saying team A is gonna kill team B just to tick people off!! So lets hear a prediction and not just....
classof86 wrote:no way southern can run with eastern

And 2- I never said a single word about Roberts or Harris!!
And as far as my prediction goes!! Im saying...

Southern-72
Eastern-56

TMD
Waterboy

Post by TMD »

classof86 wrote:way to state the obvious, I wonder if you have ever been wrong about a prediction??? Basketball will be a totally different story, this game could go either way but I think Eastern has a better team than Southern, you can say all you want about Roberts and Harris, but when it comes down to it Eastern has a better 1-5 than Southern does

Ok since conditioning starts today how can anyone say that this teams starters and better than this other teams? Plus u said u think eastern has a better team...why dont u back that up!!! And name someone who eastern has other then johnson with any height...

Greatest Celtic #6
Waterboy

Post by Greatest Celtic #6 »

well roberts and harris are very good players....harris can shoot the lights out an roberts is coming off a honorable mention all-state junior year

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Pierce is going to be better than Johnson this year, Lynch will be back in November, every one of Easterns guards this year can shoot the lights out of the ball, ill go 78-70 Eastern

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Super Fresh wrote:I agree, it will be a fast paced game and will come down to whoever is conditioned the best. It will come down to the end but I predict Winebrenner gets Hot. Eagles by 9

This is "Team A kills Team B"??? I believe its a pretty reasonable prediction

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

I wasnt even talking to you there Super Fresh!! Thank you for making a prediction!! Now mind ya own biz!

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

Thanks to you also classof86...nice to see some numbers up there!! Sounds reasonable!! Just depends who shows up to play!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

yep, thats all high school sports is, you never know who's going to show up

Cobra
Riding the Bench

Post by Cobra »

Southern beat Eastern twice last year with pretty reasonable margins. Neither team lost anything, the seniors didnt really have an impact for Southern, so I think Southern wins the game by 15+.

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

Well I think Kleski had alot more influence than people thought...he was amazing from beyond the arc and had great intensity..it seems to me like he was very UNDER rated!! So i think he had a big impact and Chapman had a good defensive game!! but all their other impact players are back!

Return to “Boys Basketball”