Meadowbrook Job

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Meadowbrook Job

Post by pvcguy »

Meadowbrook will be looking for a new basketball coach. Keith Arnold will step down. Who would be the front runner? I don't think Meadowbrook will go inhouse with this because of the strength of potential interesting people. Roger Kirkpatrick from Frontier is a name I heard. Also former Shenandoah coach Dan Suiterman was mentioned. Also former Meadowbrook star Brad Mitchell coaches at John Glenn. I could see Gene Ford also.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: Meadowbrook Job

Post by redskinwitness »

Barber shop talk in Caldwell is that our coach is interested in it. I'm a little surprised, he's turned down some good jobs the past few years and has things going well. My son played for him, he's a really good coach, intense but his players love him. Hopefully he doesn't leave but I'd understand if he did.

kdtfmg
Waterboy

Post by kdtfmg »

Graveyard for coaches! Lots of talent bu good luck with parental support!

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I live in the middle of Shenandoah and Meadowbrook community and I know how hard it is to be a coach at Meadowbrook I hear it daley.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

The Colts finished the last two seasons in Division II with records of 20-4 and 18-5. All 5 starters and the 6th, 7th, and 8th man will return for the 2016-2017 season.

Jeff Wheeler, Athletic Director
c/o Meadowbrook High School
58615 Marietta Rd.
Byesville, OH 43723
(740) 685-2566

Please send letter of interest, with resume including references. Deadline is 4/22/16.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

In addition, the JV finished 14-7 in 2015-16.

Frosh were 10-12.

8th grade was 16-2

7th grade was 18-0 and won the ECOL Tournament.

You can take the boy out of the 'ville, but you can't take the 'ville out of the boy!!
ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

38 applications for the position. They are sifting through them as we speak. A coach is expected to be put in place at the May BOE meeting.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Lot of head coaching experience from the MHS staff was let go:

Keith Arnold had been head coach at Crooksville and Meadowbrook.
Varsity assistant Woody Biggs had been a head coach in Arkansas.
Varsity assistant Dave Holdren had been head coach at Buckeye Trail and in South Carolina.
Head scout Mike Andrews had been head coach at Cambridge.
Frosh coach Mel Pesuit had been head coach at Meadowbrook and Springfield (Richmond Edison Local) before that.

None of these coaches have applied for the head coaching position at MHS.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

11 will interview on Tuesday and Wednesday.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

1. Tyrone Miller
2. John Maleski-Fergusson
3. Clint Crane
4. Gene Ford
5. Dale Holdren
6. Roger Kirkpatrick
7. TJ Mitchell
8. Zane Zender
9. Mike Legats
10. Kyle Winland

These are the names that keep coming up it is miller's job if he wants it. Ferguson is the fan favorite. Crane has a chance if miller says no. Most want Ford but it won't happen. The other names are just names that are out there.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Dave Holdren did not apply.
T. J. Mitchell did not apply.

Kyle Winland and Zane Zehnder do not have enough experience. Not even sure if either applied.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I can't imagine Gene Ford wanting back in to high school coaching after retiring from an unsuccessful stint at Muskingum. He is Cambridge through and through and if for any reason he did want it I'd imagine it would be a short stay and not a long term thing. He's clearly the most decorated candidate on that list. Ferguson has never coached varsity basketball, there's a big difference between playing and coaching. I'm sure there's a lot of other candidates we don't know about. Coach Miller and coach Crane are by far the two most likely on the list above. I hope it's coach Miller because I want coach Crane to stay a redskin.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

You can bet your last dollar (or let Gene bet it for you!!) that Gene Ford will not get back into coaching high school basketball.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

11 were interviewed. Has been whittled down to four. They will get second interview this week. Then to the BOE at the May meeting.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

And the top 4 are??????????

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

John Maleski-Ferguson
Clint Crane
Don't know the other two.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Crane would be a great hire. Is Maleski-Ferguson the old girls coach at Trail?

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

Yes. And a 1,000-point scorer at Meadowbrook. I coached him his sophomore year. Great young man.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Maleski-Fergusson has the weekend to think it over.

ferflog
JV Team

Post by ferflog »

John Maleski-Ferguson pulled his name from consideration last Wednesday. He told me that personally.

Return to “Boys Basketball”