Meadowbrook Job

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Re: Meadowbrook Job

Post by pvcguy »

And they swing for the fences, and then land Scooter!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Congrats to Scooter, thought he was into retirement. Older than most dirt around the Meadowbrook campus.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

So you fire an experienced, proven coach who won over 50 games the past three years, completely screw up the process, then hire a guy who couldn't have been in the top ten of those who applied, is older than your previous coach, and not as accomplished. Unbelievable.

Disclaimer: I don't think much of scooter as a coach, I was told he didn't vote for my son or any of his teammates for an all star game they deserved, and got in to, a few years ago. His teams are very undisciplined and just run up and down the court and chuck the three. He'll win games this year but they won't get to where Arnold would have gotten them

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think he's overrated as well

tomahawkchop
Riding the Bench

Post by tomahawkchop »

No discipline whatsoever with Scooter as a coach at MC

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

"The process" gets screwed a lot in sports depending on the motivation of who is really in charge.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I think Scooter will work for the personnel that Meadowbrook has; however, the pressure to succeed from the school board may have him at a "one-and-done" season if he doesn't get this team to the Regionals.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

CC: @OldTakesExposed.

Congrats to Scooter on the success he's had.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Ha ha, I thought about trying to find this thread, glad you brought it back up.

I guess it all worked out? Or do people feel differently somehow?

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

A regional and a state appearance. Looks like the know it alls in this thread know absolutely nothing!!

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

lolol- right on ff

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:20 pm I think he's overrated as well
maybe Fort Frye should've tried to hire Scooter?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:53 pm
Did you go back 2 years to quote me? Haha everyone knew Meadowbrook was loaded with talent.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I'll gladly eat crow, scooter and coach Schweiterman have done a really nice job with this team. Last years team met expectations with excellent talent and this years team exceeded expectations with one great player and several hard nosed kids. From years of watching both of these guys coach, this Meadowbrook team plays much more controlled like coach Schweiterman's best teams at Shenandoah. Credit to coach Toldza for adapting. They are playing outstanding basketball.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 pm
Did you go back 2 years to quote me? Haha everyone knew Meadowbrook was loaded with talent.
I mean its right on the page so it wasn't too strenuous. And yeah they were for sure two years ago. But whenever you show me someone outside of guernsey county that said Meadowbrook would go to state this year, I'll be quiet. Scooter has worked wonders at Meadowbrook and it is paying off very well for him and the Colt community! Phenomenal coach!

Bearupthere34
Waterboy

Post by Bearupthere34 »

redskinwitness wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:18 pm I'll gladly eat crow, scooter and coach Schweiterman have done a really nice job with this team. Last years team met expectations with excellent talent and this years team exceeded expectations with one great player and several hard nosed kids. From years of watching both of these guys coach, this Meadowbrook team plays much more controlled like coach Schweiterman's best teams at Shenandoah. Credit to coach Toldza for adapting. They are playing outstanding basketball.
The best decision made was bringing Coach Schweiterman from meadowbrook girls to the boys. He is one of the best coaches to ever coach the game. With 500+ wins and a true understanding of getting kids to buy in to defense. The head coach deserves the credit and the kids are most deserving but Coach Schweiterman is showing those 80's Shenandoah style defense at meadowbrook with the talent. Good for him!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I am very happy for the kids, community, and coaches of Meadowbrook to be able to experience something like this. Hopefully they can pull off another win and make it to the championship game!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:46 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 pm

I mean its right on the page so it wasn't too strenuous. And yeah they were for sure two years ago. But whenever you show me someone outside of guernsey county that said Meadowbrook would go to state this year, I'll be quiet. Scooter has worked wonders at Meadowbrook and it is paying off very well for him and the Colt community! Phenomenal coach!

I’ve always supported Meadowbrook. I have buddies that coach there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”