JV Team

12/13 Southern @ South Gallia

Post by John Wooden »

?

hardfowl
All State

Re: 12/13 Southern @ South Gallia

Post by hardfowl »

Live on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

it will be a wild 1!!!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

SG needs to play better than Friday. CAN NOT get into foul trouble.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Southern by 10! They are just a solid team. SG is too undisciplined and has no bench, southern goes about 8 deep.
The Twins look a little thick and slower prob why they struggled on defense, this team has to be able to run the floor to be effective,they have to shoot from outside!

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Southern by 10! They are just a solid team. SG is too undisciplined and has no bench, southern goes about 8 deep.
The Twins look a little thick and slower prob why they struggled on defense, this team has to be able to run the floor to be effective,they have to shoot from outside!
I think you made the same point about the twins "thickness" during football and they were just fine. Danny and Dalton are just big strong kids and I assure you they are in shape. When referring to their discipline is this something you observed on Friday or at one of the scrimmages? I get the feeling your not real fond of SG based on reading your post for the past 6-7 months.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Huge game in the TVC. I thin I will take Southern by 5.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Rebels by 8

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

SG plays anything like they did Friday then Southern will run away with it. The shooting seemed to be off which is expected with the first game of the year but the hustle wasn't there nor was the physicality. SG has to get tougher down low and put bodies on bodies because Waterford seemed to own the glass late in the game on both ends of the floor. Luckily for SG, Waterford couldn't convert on many of the rebounds and SG snuck away with the win. If SG let's Southern rebound like that, I assure you they will not miss the put backs and will run away with the game.

As for the fouls, I always found it hard the few first games of basketball to get the football out of me. You get so used to contact during the Fall that when basketball season comes you kinda feel out of place if your not finding any contact. Now if they are having the same foul trouble halfway in to the season, that's when you know you have a problem.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

mercerville monster wrote:SG plays anything like they did Friday then Southern will run away with it. The shooting seemed to be off which is expected with the first game of the year but the hustle wasn't there nor was the physicality. SG has to get tougher down low and put bodies on bodies because Waterford seemed to own the glass late in the game on both ends of the floor. Luckily for SG, Waterford couldn't convert on many of the rebounds and SG snuck away with the win. If SG let's Southern rebound like that, I assure you they will not miss the put backs and will run away with the game.

As for the fouls, I always found it hard the few first games of basketball to get the football out of me. You get so used to contact during the Fall that when basketball season comes you kinda feel out of place if your not finding any contact. Now if they are having the same foul trouble halfway in to the season, that's when you know you have a problem.

Basketball is round and played indoors,Football is oblong and played out in the cold. LOL
The reason teams get out rebounded late in games is because they have no legs,SG has several Football Players who don't have the BBall legs yet.
Not a one of the Tornadoes plays Football, soooo. answer!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

RebelCat wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Southern by 10! They are just a solid team. SG is too undisciplined and has no bench, southern goes about 8 deep.
I think you made the same point about the twins "thickness" during football and they were just fine. Danny and Dalton are just big strong kids and I assure you they are in shape. When referring to their discipline is this something you observed on Friday or at one of the scrimmages? I get the feeling your not real fond of SG based on reading your post for the past 6-7 months.
The discipline is something i observed at Trimble in Football season,and for the past 5 or 6 years.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Time to separate the pretenders from the contenders!!!even tho I follow Gallia Academy and SG pretty close...they do occasionally have a lack of discipline!!!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Some of Southerns boys did play football

GWIZ
Waterboy

Post by GWIZ »

Big game tonight for both teams. It will not be an easy win for either team. I will have on my RED.
LETS GO REBELS.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Should be a great game... Winner should be front runner for TVC hocking.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

Game Day Rebels!!!!

Good Luck !!!

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Game day Rebels play smart and get the big tvc win.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Score?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

its on 92.1 (internet)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF