Jackson 65 @ Portsmouth 100 "Triple Header"

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Jackson 65 @ Portsmouth 100 "Triple Header"

Post by biggdowgg »

freshmem, JV, and Varsity, all in action tonight at Portsmouth

This will be Portsmouths first game since dec 9th, Jackson ran into a buzz saw at Ironton this past tuesday.

thoughts?

Amen Corner
Varsity

Re: Jackson @ Portsmouth "Triple Header"

Post by Amen Corner »

Portsmouth should win, i think they have all starters back from last season.P-Town should be much improved this season.

I saw a few Trojan scouts in the Conley center wed. night :122246

Big Red Fan
Waterboy

Post by Big Red Fan »

Portsmouth should walk away with an easy win. Looks like Jackson's new coach has already thrown the towell in for the year.

As long as Jackson continues in the same direction their headed they should have the Number #1 draft choice for next year (oops wrong sport coach)

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Big Red Fan wrote:Portsmouth should walk away with an easy win. Looks like Jackson's new coach has already thrown the towell in for the year.

As long as Jackson continues in the same direction their headed they should have the Number #1 draft choice for next year (oops wrong sport coach)

I couldn't agree more..... :!: :-D

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

biggdowgg wrote:

This will be Portsmouths first game since dec 9th, Jackson ran into a buzz saw at Ironton this past tuesday.

thoughts?

and Jackson may run into a buzzsaw tonite........... :roll:

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I think they will too. :-D

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Portsmouth is the best team in the league. This one could get ugly fast.
Last edited by nickle back on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I disagree.... :-D

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Saw Jackson vs. Ironton on Wednesday, and the Ironmen struggled all night against the Fighting Tigers........the Trojans haven't played for a while, but hopefully our kids will come out with intensity.......if they do, they should be okay.

Portsmouth should be fully healthy for the game.......I would love to see a lot of fans turnout for the home opener.........

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Good luck to both teams. Gonna be tough for the Ironmen, but hopefully they can hang in there.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

I have not had a chance to see the Cavs yet but have seen the Trojans. If the Trojans play to their potential they are going to be a real hand full for anyone in the SEOAL. Good Luck to the Ironmen!

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I haven't seen Zanesville or Ironton yet but I have Portsmouth and our CAVS at the Hoops Classic. The SEOAL is more balanced this year. One point I did see...and hopefully TrojanDave can confirm....Portsmouth struggled with Greenfield McCalin which was much smaller in the 1st half. I watched the Trojans commit a lot of turnovers in that game in the first half. Rebounding was being won by Greenfield in the first half too. But with that said, it was the Trojans opener as was our CAVS who played a little sloppy on defense at times.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

BuckeyeCAV: You're absolutely right.......Portsmouth did struggle with McClain for the first half.......in the second half, we scored 44 points, and we ended up outrebounding the Tigers 30-21. After that first quarter against Greenfield, we played the rest of the game with some good defensive intensity and carried that over to the South Webster game, leading 46-12 at the half.

Portsmouth has only played 2 games, so there's really not much to go on about the Trojans.......but we play 5 games in the next 10 days, including SEOAL games vs. Jakcson and Gallia Academy, and by then we'll know just what we have in our basketball team.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we struggled big time against greenfield, and Like trojandave said, we kinda got it together in the second half, even with a couple starters out for greenfield they was a very scrappy team.

as for "the best team in the league"?, no where close, yet, but I think they could be right up there by the end of regular season, if they stay healthy, and listen to what the coaches are teaching them, there is a load of talent on this team.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Trojandave...Hope you or another PHS or JHS poster will get me the reserve score tonight so I can keep thre SEOAL standings for both the varsity and reserves. thanks.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

jottings, we are on top of it, we wil have all 3 scores
for you.

Big Red Fan
Waterboy

Post by Big Red Fan »

Ok my B- Ball Buddies I'm off to the "slaughter" I mean the Jackson game. Hope to catch some of the JV game I think the Jackson JV are a team to be worried about in 2 years. I figured if the Jackson's coach wants a win he'll have to ask the Trojans if he can sit on their bench. Seriously though good luck to all the kids who play their hearts out.

Please let me see some DUNKS!!!!!!!!!! Tonight.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

It's true, we haven't done to well this year. Hopefully we will win one eventually. I went to the Ironton game and it seemed like all our boys could do was foul the other team. I don't know much about basketball and I know you have fouls, but it seemed like too many to me.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Radio guys said the JV game was a very good game.

As I type Portsmouth is ready to go over the 100 point plateau with 1:30 left in the game.

Portsmouth jumped out 16-4 and Jackson did well to win the next run 19-17 and then Jackson went ahead and ran with Portsmouth in the 2nd half and Portsmouth is one fast and athletic team. This game has been fun to listen to Portsmouth run up and down the court.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

If this J.V. team is so good for Jackson How long do you keep them on J.V.? May be time for some changes if they can't get a win the next game or two. Are the kids still giving it everything they got? That is all you can ask for in this situation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”