Ironton St. Joseph / Soutern at the Ironton Classic

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Ironton St. Joseph / Soutern at the Ironton Classic

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Any info on southern? Should be a good 2 days of hoops. Glad the Flyers were invited to be in the field.

beaverlover
SE

Re: Ironton St. Joseph / Soutern at the Ironton Classic

Post by beaverlover »

There pretty good,St Joe will play hard but Racine will have to much,Tornadoes by 20.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Racine would have to be the favorite but the long bus trip plus playing on a different surface could even the odds a little bit. St. Joe has not played in the Conley Center in years but they have practiced there on a few occasions. GO FLYERS!!!!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Southern is a streaky shooting team. When they are on though it seems they can score quickly. And they will really hustle. Should be a good game.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Flyers...........

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

St. Joe will come prepared to take on a tough Southern team. St. Joe always plays their best when big games are on the line. Last year St. Joe took on probably the toughest team in the area. Not saying they were the best in the area, but they were very good. I'm talking about the Raceland Rams. St. Joe led Raceland by 1 or 2 at halftime. St. Joe also took on the Pointers of South Point and I don't remember if St. Joe was up by 1 or 2, or down by 1 or 2 at the half. Saint Joe always comes ready to play, so I'll be expecting a good game from the Flyers. Plus it will be similar to a home game for them.

Good Luck Flyers..play with intensity!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Purple and Gold.........

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Hope the Flyers come out ready to play. From what I've been told they've had a couple of good practices this week. If they get hot and have some shots drop early on I think they'll be right there at the end.

GO FLYERS!!!

Buckeyefan03
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan03 »

Southern has a pretty good team. They can be very explosive at times. What is St. Joseph's record this year and who do they play usually?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

How did this game turn out?

Go Flyers
Waterboy

Post by Go Flyers »

Not very good for the Flyers. Flyers made a couple of runs, but didn't defend very well all not. Really just outmatched.. It ended around twenty.

Go Flyers
Waterboy

Post by Go Flyers »

Ryan Wag lamed duck a half court shot at a chance for five hundred bucks. Nothin' but air. Good form though.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

Don't know that i agree with the not guarding well as i thought southern was a very good team that moved the ball around very well and didn't miss many 3's. Get Ready for next game Flyers. Thought Ironton put together a very nice classic and hope they consider the Flyers to be back next year.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Score?

Buckeyefan03
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan03 »

Looks like the score was 62-39 according to WSAZ's website. Nice work Southern!

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Southern played pretty good! There offense was on but they still had some unforced turnovers. Defense played well! All and all they played good and Ironton St. Joseph really never had an answer for them.
Last edited by TornadoMan25 on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

No offense Tornado, but if Southern played pretty good then I would hate to see them at their worst. They traveled probably 25 times. They also took terrible shots and relied on #24 to shoot from NBA range and beyond. Saint Joe came out a little sloppy, but I saw some improvements throughout the game. I believe they are still trying to find the right mix of players that can form the most chemistry. Southern is not a 20+ point better team than St. Joe.

On to East..good luck Flyers

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

Well, if Southern beat them by 20+ then I would have to say then last night they were 20+ points better. But I will admit that wouldnt be the score every time they played. And as for the Tornadoes good win, and keep doing your thing.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

I agree. Last night they were 20+ better, but they are not 20 points better than St. Joe...it doesn't matter now obviously, but last years South Point and Raceland teams didn't beat St. Joe by 20 and those were 2 of the top teams in the area..as well as Rock Hill who I forgot to mention. I know this year is different, but they have a lot more experience and it was just a sloppy game. As for Southern, they didn't even have an offense unless they have a play designed for #24 called shoot the ball as soon as you cross half-court. They can't dribble and run at the same time without traveling. Multiple times Southern had a set shot, and they would still manage to travel. How can you catch the ball standing still in a set shot position and still manage to travel? I give them credit for the win, but a very very sloppy win. Saint Joe will be fine and it will take just a little more time for them to come together. So good luck to both teams

ryder cup champs
Waterboy

Post by ryder cup champs »

How can you dawg southern win they beat your team by twenty. They played sloppy yea, but then how did ST. joes play if Southern beat them that bad. St. joe wouldnt have a chance if they played there best game and southern played theres. They were lucky that southern had some travels or it would have been alot worse. Also how can you dawg there offense when one player just totally destroyed your defense. Thats bad that one player did it and your team couldnt stop him. Keep it up BRY.

Return to “Boys Basketball”