Ironton St. Joseph / Soutern at the Ironton Classic

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Re: Ironton St. Joseph / Soutern at the Ironton Classic

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Southerns entire team can't dribble. I've never seen so many walks by one team in my entire life. I don't consider someone coming down the court and throwing up shots "unstoppable". St. Joe played sloppy as well, but they beat themselves. The only part of the game where Southern just absolutely beat St. Joe was beyond the 3 point line by #24. Southern on their best night could not beat the Flyers by 20! Are you kidding me? Wow..

Once again..good luck to both teams in the future.

Calvin3
Waterboy

Post by Calvin3 »

FSUfly just give it up ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly!!!! Goodluck to you and your team the rest of the season.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

FSUfly#13 wrote:I agree. Last night they were 20+ better, but they are not 20 points better than St. Joe...it doesn't matter now obviously, but last years South Point and Raceland teams didn't beat St. Joe by 20 and those were 2 of the top teams in the area..as well as Rock Hill who I forgot to mention. I know this year is different, but they have a lot more experience and it was just a sloppy game. As for Southern, they didn't even have an offense unless they have a play designed for #24 called shoot the ball as soon as you cross half-court. They can't dribble and run at the same time without traveling. Multiple times Southern had a set shot, and they would still manage to travel. How can you catch the ball standing still in a set shot position and still manage to travel? I give them credit for the win, but a very very sloppy win. Saint Joe will be fine and it will take just a little more time for them to come together. So good luck to both teams

Sounds like a sore loser to me. Making should've, could've. would've excuses for the loss and taking away the game performance the Southern Meigs Tornados brought against the Flyers ? :roll:

Maybe if St. Joe would quit playing teams like Ohio Valley Christian, Miracle City Academy, Harvest Christian Academy they might be prepared to play teams like Southern who spanked the Flyers by 20. :-D

Sounds like Southern laid the hammer down in that game.

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

For the record, #24 is probably the best 3 point shooter in southeastern Ohio. So him "throwing" them up probably didnt happen. It is amazing you are bashing a team that beat by 20. Sloppy or not that is a beat down. Maybe Southern played poorly as well.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

FSUfly#13 wrote:Southerns entire team can't dribble. I've never seen so many walks by one team in my entire life. I don't consider someone coming down the court and throwing up shots "unstoppable". St. Joe played sloppy as well, but they beat themselves. The only part of the game where Southern just absolutely beat St. Joe was beyond the 3 point line by #24. Southern on their best night could not beat the Flyers by 20! Are you kidding me? Wow..

Once again..good luck to both teams in the future.

That makes a lot of sense. We couldn't beat the Flyers on our best night by 20 but we just beat them by 23 lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your one of the worst sore losers I've seen on here.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Southern was better plain and simple. St. Joe has to find someone who can knock down a jumper and then let him shoot. You can't always shoot inside the paint against a zone defense. Until the Flyers find that shooter or are allowed to shoot 15 footers, they will struggle against the zone D.Southern fans don't hold anything FSUfly says against us, he does not speak for the majority here.For the moron who questioned St. Joe's schedule,we only play OVC and just started playing them again this year after a 10 year lapse. St. Joe plays the likes of South Point, Raceland, Coal Grove, South Webster and Rock Hill. That is not bad for a school with less than 30 boys total. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:D.Southern fans don't hold anything FSUfly says against us, he does not speak for the majority here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Any how...I'm not a sore loser, and I don't even play for Saint Joe any more. I just don't think Southern is good. #24 killed the Flyers with early trifectas. He is definitely not the best 3 point shooter in southern Ohio. I can name a few off the top of my head who are way better. Copley from Peake, Dustin Green from Ironton, Kratzenberg from South Point...

Southern is just not a good team like you guys make them out to be. "If their offense is on they are hard to beat" then someone says after the game "Their offense was good, but sloppy D" well if you consider that good offense from Southern, then your in trouble in the future against bigger schools. As for the Flyers schedule, they play some very tough teams. So your argument makes no sense. Yes there were some small schools in the mix like OVC, but majority of the schedule is tough.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

Also, yes..Southern was the better team that night..but to say they are 20+ better consistently..I would have to disagree.

Michelangelo
Waterboy

Post by Michelangelo »

Hey that number 24 that you keep saying has a name!! Its Bryan Harris, remember that since he torched your team!! I wasn't at the game, prolly the only one i won't be at, but they beat you by 23 so let it go. Southern's got Wahama coming up, should be a another BLOW OUT!!

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

FSUfly#13 wrote:Also, yes..Southern was the better team that night..but to say they are 20+ better consistently..I would have to disagree.

Going by what the paper said. We did have alot of turnovers. So I agree with you we are not 20 better. If we don't turn it over and Harris shoots the ball a little more. He would have 40pts and we would have won by 40.

allsport12
Waterboy

Post by allsport12 »

I have seen Copley and Kratzenburg both a couple times this year and have seen Harris play a handful of times over the years. If those are who you are comparing to Harris, you have just shown your knowledge of the game of basketball. I wish someone would put the numbers on here. 3pt attempted vs made (to give you the shooting percentage) That is the only way to tell, but I will bet my bottom dollar its Harris.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

FSUfly#13 wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:D.Southern fans don't hold anything FSUfly says against us, he does not speak for the majority here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Any how...I'm not a sore loser, and I don't even play for Saint Joe any more. I just don't think Southern is good. #24 killed the Flyers with early trifectas. He is definitely not the best 3 point shooter in southern Ohio. I can name a few off the top of my head who are way better. Copley from Peake, Dustin Green from Ironton, Kratzenberg from South Point...

Southern is just not a good team like you guys make them out to be. "If their offense is on they are hard to beat" then someone says after the game "Their offense was good, but sloppy D" well if you consider that good offense from Southern, then your in trouble in the future against bigger schools. As for the Flyers schedule, they play some very tough teams. So your argument makes no sense. Yes there were some small schools in the mix like OVC, but majority of the schedule is tough.

Dude.......Give it up!!If Southern is as bad a team as you make them out to be that would probably make St.Joe the worst team in Southern Ohio seeing how they did beat you by 23 pts!!!
Be realistic here.St.Joe is a good team compared to the competition they usaually play but obviously Southern is on another level!!!

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

For the one saying Southern only wins because #24 makes all our shots, you should know we scored 90 points against Wahama tonight and 12 or 13 of them were Brian's. Nothing against him of course but I thought I should get it across he's not the only reason we win.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

:lol: ok..I give Southern their credit. They won the ball game. I am just saying they wouldn't consistently beat St. Joe by 20+ .Maybe Southern is better than what I think, but based on one game they really didn't impress me. I was expecting them to be a very good team, but that day they just didn't seem to impress me due to the amount of travels. When I played I might have had 2-3 travels all season. It seemed like these guys traveled at least once every third time down the court. Saint Joe did play sloppy in the beginning as far as turnovers, but they just couldn't knock down shots the entire game. Harvey wasn't on fire and still managed to score 19. Saint Joe just couldn't get the outside game going like Flying Dutchman mentioned. They need someone to shoot consistently outside. They haven't found that rhythm yet, but I know they have multiple players that are capable of scoring.

Early turnovers, and not knocking down shots hurt Saint Joe..the first few 3's from HARRIS set the tone for the rest of the game. I just thought he was a player who caught fire every 1 out of 5 games and Saint Joe happened to be one of them. No one really stood out other than Harris that game. That's why I gave my opinion.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Harris is not the only reason we win,but he is a big part of it. According to the newspaper he had 26 pts and shot like 78%. So I could see how ISJ fans would think that. I think most players would be happy with scoring 13.

ryder cup champs
Waterboy

Post by ryder cup champs »

If i shot twenty two times i hope i could get 19.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

ryder cup champs wrote:If i shot twenty two times i hope i could get 19.

???????? :? :? :? :? :? :?

tabasco
Riding the Bench

Post by tabasco »

Move on FSUFly. We were beat by a bigger and better team. Next game tomorrow night against SV.
Good Luck to Southern in future games.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

tabasco wrote:Move on FSUFly. We were beat by a bigger and better team. Next game tomorrow night against SV.
Good Luck to Southern in future games.

Good luck to you guys too

Return to “Boys Basketball”