VC @ ALEXANDER

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

VC @ ALEXANDER

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Huge game for both teams, winner gets the inside track to TVC title. Thoughts?

beaverlover
SE

Re: VC @ ALEXANDER

Post by beaverlover »

When is this game?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Jan 23 I think neither team has a game till then.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Have friends at both schools, but I've got to go with the home team in this match-up. VC's post play versus Alex's speed and defense. I've not seen VC this year, but have seen Alex play, and Blaine's got them running like a machine.

This ought to be a great game, as will the game at VC. Good luck to both teams.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Alexander by 15.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Would like to see it be a good game. Each team has their talents. I believe that ALEX can pull out a win...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Vinton County has the talent to win this game. So does Alexander. Whoever brings their A game, wins. This one is a must see. Hate to even think of making a prediction, but here goes : VC by 2 in an upset.

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

I think Alexander takes this one at home. They are too strong, too deep and as Steely said they are running like a machine - a well oiled sleek machine. Good luck Spartans!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I guess we will see how much game scores mean. Alexander has virutally been unchallenged while VC has had to gut out some close wins over TVC opponents.

Good Luck Alexander

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This is a toss up, I'll go with Alex just because they play at home.

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

This thriller can be heard on Power 105 (WXTQ 105.5 FM) throughout southeast Ohio.

Caleb Troop and Rollie Swart will have the call, with pre-game coverage set for 7:45 on Friday.

You can listen live online for free by clicking on the following link: mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Shoot us an e-mail to sports@wxtq.com.

Stay tuned later in the week for the broadcast open.

tazman
Riding the Bench

Post by tazman »

Very interesting indeed....coming into this game both VC and Alex are 9-1, and 4-0 in the TVC Ohio!!! Im going to have to go with Alex in this one especially with home team advantage. These boys want more than any group i have ever seen and believe me, if they play to their best no team in the TVC can hang with them.

Alex 58
VC 42

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County continues to get NO respect, especially after the result of the last five seasons and the work Coach Combs and Company has done in building the Vikings program. I find that to be laughable. Granted we have graduated some talented individuals, however, the pieces left behind are no slouches, they are determined young men and under the leadership of the Coach Combs cannot be counted out of any contest. To predict a 15-16 point victory for the Spartans is not only is it ignorant, it is disrespectful to the Vikings, to Coach Combs, and the hard work that has been completed. And the same goes for Alexander, any Vikings fans predicting a big margin victory is ignorant and disrespectful to the Spartans and Coach Gabriel. I wish nothing but the best of luck to both teams and I will gladly accept a one point victory for the Vikings.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Amen, Hawkeye. Whatever school you want to see win, these two are the best two teams in the TVC. No matter who wins, the next game between these two will be just as intense, if not more.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

I guess noone is allowed to have an opinion on here, well on Vinton County threads anyway. What deserves no respect, hawkeyepierce, is your intelligence. Now, in my opinion, Alexander wins this one by 22. VC is the second best team in the TVC, but Alex is still 20 points better then them.

JayKay
Riding the Bench

Post by JayKay »

What a bunch of crap! How is predicting Alex wins by 15 disrespectful to Combs or his program? That's what folks do on here - make predictions. Based on games played THIS season and the scores of those games that both Alex and VC have played, a 15 point prediction is not a stretch. I say Alex by at least 10, easily 15. And that holds no disrespect towards anyone. That is based on past history this season. Call me ignorant if you want. But we'll all get to see come Friday night.
Last edited by JayKay on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Wow! :roll: I guess we will see.

Hayman
Waterboy

Post by Hayman »

This is Alexanders game to win or lose by how many they want. They are playing that good. Look for spartans to win by 20.

What happened to the band? Need to get the spartan band there friday nite.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Alexander will be too much for VC to handle at home.......Spartans by 12...

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

VC wins by 5 or more

Return to “Boys Basketball”