SE

Re: Can North Adams go 20-0

Post by beaverlover »

Yes

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

They have a decent chance but still have tough games at Whiteoak, Eastern Brown, and Manchester.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

From here on out, they are going to get everyones best game! Each team they play will be playing to be the team that knocked them off! Friday will be a test and then I think Manchester and Eastern are very capable of beating them. They are a great team and great to watch! I know Dave always finds a way to win, but I can see some seasons where they are going to struggle in the near future!

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

i think it's more of a question of will they, rather than can they. I think everybody thinks it's possible for North Adams to go 20-0, but they still got some tough ones...i think i would add hillsboro to that list to boomer

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

Yes, I think they will go 20-0. The clear cut best player on the court in every game they have played and will play is Kraig Unger, and in basketball when you clearly have the best player and a supporting cast who understands there role on the team it adds up to wins.

Who was the last Southern Hills League team to go 20-0?

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

YES... two words ......UNGER

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm guessing North Adams was the last team to go 20-0 in the SHL. They were 25-0 while playing in the state semi in 1996?...only to go down on a shot 1/3 of a second after the buzzer.

If they do lose...it won't be a bad thing.

But it looks like they might be able to run it.

Do they play Hillsboro again this year? If it's at Hillsboro it'll be tough.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lol

"Two words.....UNGER"

Awesome math.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

Ironman, that '96 team was the last SHL team I remembered going 20-0 as well and they clearly had the best player in the area at that time as well. I didn't know if Eastern Brown had went undefeated or not since then.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't think the Eastern Brown team did go undefeated.....Whiteoak was 19-1 in 1998-99 and also went to state the same year as Eastern in 2002....pretty sure Eastern won the matchup during the season.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

norman dale
Waterboy

Post by norman dale »

I might be wrong, but I thought there was one season early in the 2000's when both Eastern's Boys and Girls went undefeated in the regular season and made it to state?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think.....think that the same year was 2002 and both made it to the final 4....the girls may have made the finals. I can't recall the boys being undefeated. Both teams had starters from Australia I think.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I'm guessing North Adams was the last team to go 20-0 in the SHL. They were 25-0 while playing in the state semi in 1996?...only to go down on a shot 1/3 of a second after the buzzer.

I was there dude, they got robbed. Watching the Ref Cook from the Portsmouth chapter run off the floor knowing that the shot was late and doing nothing about it turned my stomach. And the Marquette brothers doing another game a couple of years later and fouling it up also made me sick. NA had the best team in the tourney that year by far. Southern Ohio couldn't catch a break 'til So. Webster crashed the party in '06.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

Ironman, your correct. Eastern Brown's record that year was 24-2 including the final 4 loss. Here is the state semifinal box score courtesy of the OHSAA website.

http://www.ohsaa.org/Sports/bk/boys/200 ... ults02.htm

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Don't see anyone at all beating North Adams This year.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

I beleive Eastern did go undefeated in league in 2002 and got the gold ball. I am not for certain on that but for some reason I think they did. They still have Eastern at Eastern, who is tough at home, and after the last game, it could go either way.
Manchester continues to be up and down, if they play one of their better games, this one could go either way.

Looking at league standings, lets say NA and Manchester both win out until their game... That game will be for the League Championship...

Manchester wins out in league going into their last league game, which is North Adams, the Greyhounds pull out the upset, they go to 12-1 and beat NA.

NA continues to beat everyone, they will only have to get by Fairfield after Manchester, if they beat Manchester and Fairfield, they go to 13-0 in league and win the "Gold Ball!"

I see a great game in the making for the Feb. 13 rematch between the Green Devils and the Greyhounds!

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

North Adams plays Hillsboro at North Adams. Haven't seen Hillsboro play nor do have I heard much about them. I didn't think about that game because it's not a league game.
To be honest I don't see Peebles losing another league game and think North Adams has to go undefeated to win the league outright. They have the capablility but as others have pointed out NA is going to get everyones best shot and they have to match intensity each game. That is very difficult to do.
I think the Eastern game this past Saturday was a good thing for North Adams and I think Coach Young will make sure that they overlook no one and will have them ready for each game.

jethro gibbs
Waterboy

Post by jethro gibbs »

frank-n-beans wrote:I was there dude, they got robbed. Watching the Ref Cook from the Portsmouth chapter run off the floor knowing that the shot was late and doing nothing about it turned my stomach. And the Marquette brothers doing another game a couple of years later and fouling it up also made me sick. NA had the best team in the tourney that year by far. Southern Ohio couldn't catch a break 'til So. Webster crashed the party in '06.

I get sick every time i have to go to Seaman, Winchester, Cherry Fork etc and have to look at that sign explaining to everyone how NA was cheated.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

jethro gibbs wrote:
frank-n-beans wrote:I was there dude, they got robbed. Watching the Ref Cook from the Portsmouth chapter run off the floor knowing that the shot was late and doing nothing about it turned my stomach. And the Marquette brothers doing another game a couple of years later and fouling it up also made me sick. NA had the best team in the tourney that year by far. Southern Ohio couldn't catch a break 'til So. Webster crashed the party in '06.

I get sick every time i have to go to Seaman, Winchester, Cherry Fork etc and have to look at that sign explaining to everyone how NA was cheated.

Maybe you should look the other way when passing it. I drive through Seaman every day and don't notice it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”