Titletown TVC

titletown?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 am

Total votes: 0

Lungbuster
JV Team

Titletown TVC

Post by Lungbuster »

Saw on espn where they did this nationaly, thought we could give it a shot in the tvc. When you think of the tvc, who is the school you think of when you think of tvc championships. This goes for all sports.Lets hear it

mister b
SEOP

Re: Titletown TVC

Post by mister b »

As an original member of the TVC, Belpre owns over 100 TVC titles.

How many do other the schools have?

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

It sure as heck aint Racine. I beckon for the return of the SVAC....

Calvin3
Waterboy

Post by Calvin3 »

Chuck Taylor, all you are is a douche bag!!!! All you do is mouth Racine and you need to just grow up whoever you are and go back to doing whatever you do instead of being on here 24/7 waiting for the opportunity to mouth Racine and what they accomplished and anything like that. How does someone who doesn't work afford the internet anyways??? Amazes me!!!!! Well I just thought I would throw my two sense in. Sorry everyone for wrecking this thread but I just had to say something to him.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Chuck Taylor wrote:It sure as heck aint Racine. I beckon for the return of the SVAC....

I don't think it is Trimble either. I would say Belpre,Nelsonville and Alexander

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

When you think of high school sports, the truth is - rightly or not - that football is king. When an average person thinks of a high school conference championship, football is instictively what first comes to mind. For that reason, when I think of TVC Championships, I think of Nelsonville-York first, Belpre second, and Trimble third.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Belpre , by far !! Not even close.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

Vinton County is getting a lot of votes just because of recent success in basketball. Look at what they have done in other sports, nothing. If it came down to all sports, I would have to give the nod to Belpre, because of all sports.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That is not true, @1. Until this past year, we had a string of TVC-Ohio Tennis championships I believe like ten in a row or something like that. We have competed well in Cross-Country and Track just recently what the exact total is or when I am not sure. Last year, won a girls' basketball title. I am not sure of the exact number but I could find out.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpre has won back to back TVC titles in track and in 07 won the TVC in wrestling, track, football and golf. I believe at one time Belpre golf team won something like 7 straight TVC titles. Belpre doesnt compete in one sport, they compete in every sport year in and year out.

screamineagle54
Waterboy

Post by screamineagle54 »

My hat goes to Belpre they don't dominate in just one sport they usually get 2 or three. Belpre in 2007-2008 should of got the All TVC Ohio banner.

coach k
Freshman Team

Post by coach k »

Hawkeye,

Thanks for thinking of us. The boys' cc team won TVC titles in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, and 2006. The boys hs track teams won in 2004 and 2006. The girls' won cc titles in 1990 and 1998 with track titles in 1989, 1990, 1999, 2000, and 2002.

Belpre is the only other boys track team to win the TVC Ohio meet in the 2000's.

I am close to finishing a compilation of the history of the TVC Track meet. This might help with this discussion topic.

As for our string of tennis championships...that's a good one!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I also agree with the above posters that overall - taking all sports into consideration - Belpre has been the most consistently good in all of them. Even though I have no statistics to back it up, I would be willing to bet that Belpre has more TVC Championships in everything combined then any other team in the league.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

screamineagle54 wrote:My hat goes to Belpre they don't dominate in just one sport they usually get 2 or three. Belpre in 2007-2008 should of got the All TVC Ohio banner.

Last year's TVC All Sports Trophy was shared between Belpre and Meigs.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Here are the all-sports trophy standings through the fall sport season:

Fall Sports Overall Standings -

Athens Bulldogs --------------27.5
Meigs Marauders -------------21.5
Alexander Spartans -----------20
Nelsonville-York Buckeyes -----16
Wellston Golden Rockets -------15.5
Belpre Golden Eagles ----------11.5
Vinton County Vikings ---------10

I will be adding the winter sports to these totals as soon as the Boys Basketball standings are finalized. I have the final standings for girls basketball and wresting, but I'm waiting for boys basketball so I can compile all three winter sports to these totals at the same time.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Here are the all-sports trophy standings through the fall sport season:

Fall Sports Overall Standings -

Athens Bulldogs --------------27.5
Meigs Marauders -------------21.5
Alexander Spartans -----------20
Nelsonville-York Buckeyes -----16
Wellston Golden Rockets -------15.5
Belpre Golden Eagles ----------11.5
Vinton County Vikings ---------10

I will be adding the winter sports to these totals as soon as the Boys Basketball standings are finalized. I have the final standings for girls basketball and wresting, but I'm waiting for boys basketball so I can compile all three winter sports to these totals at the same time.

NYBuckeye96...Thanks for all the work in tracking this for us and you have a PM.

One question, do you use the same point system that the TVC is using to track the All-Sports Trophy?
Last edited by mister b on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Thanks for thinking of us. The boys' cc team won TVC titles in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, and 2006. The boys hs track teams won in 2004 and 2006. The girls' won cc titles in 1990 and 1998 with track titles in 1989, 1990, 1999, 2000, and 2002.

So, that means Belpre won boys track titles in 2000, 01, 02, 03, 05, 07, and 08?

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Gotta go with Belpre on this one...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Mister B wrote:One question, do you use the same point system that the TVC is using to track the All-Sports Trophy?

I'm not sure if I do or not. Since the TVC never releases this information to the media, I have no idea what their point system is. I am using the system used by the SEOAL and I am ASSUMING the TVC uses the same system. However, regardless of how the points are calculated, the system I am using assumes all sports are created equal, so the order of teams should be the same regardless of how the points are tabulated.

I am using 7 points to the first place winner, 6 to the second place winner, etc. in each league sport. In cases of ties, they get the same point total and split the difference. (if two teams finished tied for second, each team would get 5.5 points instead of one getting 6 and one getting 5 like they would with a sole possesion of second and third place).

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

NYBuckeye96...you have a PM.

Return to “Boys Basketball”