Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Post by The Punisher »

What will happen this season?
Where does the team stack up in the conference?
How will the new freshman affect the system?
Any news on transfers or new students?
Will the staff remain the same?
Just a few questions to open up the converstion. Feel free to respond to any or all.

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Eastern Eagles OH NINE - Ten

Post by Eaglesnest »

The Punisher wrote:What will happen this season?
Where does the team stack up in the conference?
How will the new freshman affect the system?
Any news on transfers or new students?
Will the staff remain the same?
Just a few questions to open up the converstion. Feel free to respond to any or all.

1. The Eagles lose alot with Osborne and Helton, but have the pieces to do well I think? I believe the Eagles could finish as high as 1st in SOC1, but with what Symmes Valley, East, Clay, and Green have back they could drop down as low as #4. I'm going out on a limb and gonna say the Eagles are focused and upset SV for the title!

2. I haven't heard how the freshman are stacking up against the juniors and seniors? Does anyone know? I'm sure Fitch will do the right thing and play who deserves to play regardless of their grade.

3. Not heard of any move ins.

4. As to staff, all I have heard was that Fitch was being sought by Minford. I have family in both Districts and know that some of the Minford community have talked to him as well. I hope he stays put. I think the future looks pretty good for the Eagles the next several years!

Put the time in Eagles and do some damage next year!

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

I think they do have the weapons to win...as they have the past two years. They just need to put in the time over the summer.
I heard a RUMOR that Dakota Hawks is moving back. I think this could definitely help the team out a lot if it does happen.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

The Punisher wrote:I think they do have the weapons to win...as they have the past two years. They just need to put in the time over the summer.
I heard a RUMOR that Dakota Hawks is moving back. I think this could definitely help the team out a lot if it does happen.

If Hawks would come back that should help the Eagles at guard. Looking forward and not backward, I agree that work in the summer will be the key to success. Consistant post play from Wheeler and Montgomery will be a must if the Eagles are to have a shot at the SOC (Osborne was an excellent rebounder for his size).

Has anyone been to open gyms? What is the turnout? How are the freshman stacking up? Will any of them have a shot at varsity?

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

doesn't thornsberry go to eastern?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

CANNIBAL, Yes, Thornsberry still goes to Eastern. I would make a prediction for next season, but it is way to early to tell right now. I'll wait till next season comes a little closer b4 I comment. I will say they did good the other night in the summer league at Valley beating Clay all 3 quarters and splitting quarters with North West going 2-2.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

J-Bird wrote:CANNIBAL, Yes, Thornsberry still goes to Eastern. I would make a prediction for next season, but it is way to early to tell right now. I'll wait till next season comes a little closer b4 I comment. I will say they did good the other night in the summer league at Valley beating Clay all 3 quarters and splitting quarters with North West going 2-2.

Clay won one quarter

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

My bad claypantherfan, I was told they won 3 quarters. Was everyone their for clay that is spose to play next year?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Has anyone heard anything about the Eagles summer stuff? open gyms, scrimmages, leagues, camps?

Does the staff have things set up for the players to do?????

If you are aware of when any summer games are, please post.

Thanks.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Eaglesnest, they had a summer league game last night against valley. Even though they only won one quarter I thought they looked solid as a team the way they played. They played hard and aggresive with the exception of the third quarter where they lost by 9. Valley is a tough school to play against though. They ended up losing the first one by 2. the second one by 3. third by 9 and won the fouth by one point. What I noticed is the boys looked like they would start out slow at the begining of the quarter then make a run towards the end. If they could put together a full quarter like the last one they played they would be a tough out.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

J-Bird wrote:Eaglesnest, they had a summer league game last night against valley. Even though they only won one quarter I thought they looked solid as a team the way they played. They played hard and aggresive with the exception of the third quarter where they lost by 9. Valley is a tough school to play against though. They ended up losing the first one by 2. the second one by 3. third by 9 and won the fouth by one point. What I noticed is the boys looked like they would start out slow at the begining of the quarter then make a run towards the end. If they could put together a full quarter like the last one they played they would be a tough out.

J-Bird,

Thanks for the info. It does sound encouraging if they were able to "compete" with Valley. Valley should be very tough again next season! I'm sure the Indians pressed alot. How did our guards handle it?

When do the Eagles play again?

Thanks for the info.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Hey just wondering if any of the freshmen are seeing the floor this summer.In summer league.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Lightle, Yeah. Lands and Pickett have been getting some playing time during the summer games. Both have been playing good for being freshmen.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Thats great they are both going to be a hand full for years to come we have a couple freshmen getting on the floor in summer league coach is trying to ease them into the much faster pace of highschool ball.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Confirmed rumor. Hawks is back at Eastern. He plays on the soccer team. He will be a lot quicker and his footwork will be better. Also, last year he played football which made him a lot stronger. There is also a foreign exchange student from Serbia. I'm not sure how he is with basketball, but he's quite athletic. Looking forward to this year. Montgomery will most likely not be playing. Any other updates?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

The Punisher wrote:Confirmed rumor. Hawks is back at Eastern. He plays on the soccer team. He will be a lot quicker and his footwork will be better. Also, last year he played football which made him a lot stronger. There is also a foreign exchange student from Serbia. I'm not sure how he is with basketball, but he's quite athletic. Looking forward to this year. Montgomery will most likely not be playing. Any other updates?

Why wont montgomery be playing this year? unless it dont need to be said then it is fine not too say

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

J-Bird wrote:My bad claypantherfan, I was told they won 3 quarters. Was everyone their for clay that is spose to play next year?

no they played 5 subs and 2 starters that game
half the team was either on vaca. or sumthing else
Graham also hyper-extended his knee b4 that game at valley, and may be out if his MRI comes back with a tear or sumthin else

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I heard the kid from Serbia is about 6'3". Athletic and has played basketball for the past 7 years in Serbia. If he decides to go out for the team, It sounds like he'll be a good addition. They will really need his height if Montgomery doesn't play.

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

What am i chopped liver? I know that most people in the community dont view me as much of a player but mark my words i have been training all summer putting on muscle gaining strength, speed, agility, and jumping i will be the leader on this team and do all that i possibly can to take the team to an soc 1 championship and further..

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Kole_Wheeler wrote:What am i chopped liver? I know that most people in the community dont view me as much of a player but mark my words i have been training all summer putting on muscle gaining strength, speed, agility, and jumping i will be the leader on this team and do all that i possibly can to take the team to an soc 1 championship and further..

you need more than one person to win the soc and for sure to go farther

Return to “Boys Basketball”