Best SEO BB teams this coming year - Division II, III, & IV

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Best SEO BB teams this coming year - Division II, III, & IV

Post by Manxious2 »

Who do you think might be Southeastern Ohio Division's (II, III, & IV) best BB teams this coming school year?

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Re: Best SEO BB teams this coming year - Division II, III, & IV

Post by Manxious2 »

I am going to offer the first candidate: The Chesapeake Panthers
They have a solid starting line-up, they are seasoned players (experienced), they have size, have a solid candidate for all-state (Copley), fast, and have great defensive play.
Their one weakness might be their depth.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Division II: Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Waverly, Hillsboro

Division III: Wheelersburg, Piketon, Zane Trace, Chesapeake

Division IV: I am not as familiar with this division as II and III, and Oak Hill is now D3.......Waterford, Glouster Trimble, Manchester, Racine Southern, Eastern Meigs, Leesburg Fairfield, Whiteoak, Western Pike and Eastern Pike.......some of these teams will be battling it out for the district title.

Once again I think D3 will be the most competitive of the 3 divisions.......I could be wrong on this but I think there will be 3 teams from the SE D3 district that will advance to the regional, while only 1 D2 school will go to the Sweet Sixteen.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Quick summation of the teams I have listed........

D2:

Logan Elm........always good under Stiverson, lost 2 leading scorers Amann and Congrove.......6-4 Tyler Pritchard returns

Chillicothe.......lost 4 starters but return Michael Turner, and into the starting lineup will be 6-8 Malik London and 6-4 shooter Jalen Ragland

Waverly.........a lot of potential with this team.......Derek Roback returns, as well as 6-5 Jake Kretzer and 6-5 Harrison Martin

Hillsboro........returns most of their team, including leading scorers Carroll and Stegal

D3:

Wheelersburg........returns virtually the whole roster, including 6-6 Andy Stegman, and added transfer Andrew Bendolph

Piketon........Brush, Southworth, and Legg return for the Redstreaks......all had experience playing at the state last year

Zane Trace.........return sharpshooter Maxwell, in addition to a couple of other starters and some kids off the bench

Chesapeake........Nathan Copley returns, as well as Peter Lintz, and the Panthers will have more size with 6-4 Austin McMasters inside to go with Trent Saunders.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

Vinton County should also be in the hunt this year. They return 4 starters, have one of the best point guards in the area and go 8 deep, with very little, if any, drop off in talent. It will be interesting to see V.C. and Waverly play this year. Should be one of the better DII battles.

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

Waverly dropped Vinton County from the schedule, so they will not play unless in tournament.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

trojandave : What school did Andrew Bendolpf transfer from?

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Manxious2: Andrew transferred from Portsmouth.

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

Did Leslie from Northwest transfer to Burg?

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

I don't know the particulars of this transfer, or any others that I have been reading about, but this epidemic of student transfers are really taking away from the purity of the game. The state has got to get a grip on this problem. Sorry to get off topic.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I think Clay this year will have a good chance to surprise alot of people this year with all the talent they have in the D4

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

the pirates will be the top dog in division 3

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Zanesville is D-2, again this year. Which means they will be at the Athens Regional.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Philos_Finest wrote:Zanesville is D-2, again this year. Which means they will be at the Athens Regional.

How good will Zanesville be this year? I seen the Piketon Redstreaks have them on their schedule.

Hoopster
Riding the Bench

Post by Hoopster »

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Should be a good game, it appears Piketon has scheduled all DII non-conference games, with the exception of one Holiday Classic opponent.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

job 2:10 wrote:Did Leslie from Northwest transfer to Burg?

No he is still at Northwest

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren will be very strong this year. They return 4 starters and add a bunch of talented underclassmen. They had a productive summer and will be a tough out for any team they play this year.

The Warren Warriors need to be considered among the top DII teams in SEO this year.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

trojandave wrote:Division II: Logan Elm, Chillicothe, Waverly, Hillsboro

Division III: Wheelersburg, Piketon, Zane Trace, Chesapeake

Division IV: I am not as familiar with this division as II and III, and Oak Hill is now D3.......Waterford, Glouster Trimble, Manchester, Racine Southern, Eastern Meigs, Leesburg Fairfield, Whiteoak, Western Pike and Eastern Pike.......some of these teams will be battling it out for the district title.

Once again I think D3 will be the most competitive of the 3 divisions.......I could be wrong on this but I think there will be 3 teams from the SE D3 district that will advance to the regional, while only 1 D2 school will go to the Sweet Sixteen.

Everyone is counting Oak Hill out? We may have lost a few key players but we have a lot of talent coming back. We beat Peake a couple times over the summer (when we had all our people there) and Vinton County. We never got to play Southern but they were at the same shootout as us in June. Us and Peake were in the Championship game. Peake beat us but we were missing a couple starters and a few of JV players from last year saw a lot of playing time. But it was just pre-pre-season so who knows!! I cant wait to play some ball this year!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

As mentioned Waverly returns Roback, Martin & Kretzer, all very athletic and with good size.

I have not seen him play but I hear the Tigers have a foreign exchange student at PG who is the real deal. Very strong & athletic.

Kelly worked very hard over the summer and will be much improved. Remy returns for his senior season and should be improved as well.

I also hear Kevin Malone and Rashaun Conley will be playing.

The 5th starting spot is up for grabs at this point. With the size of Roback, Martin and Kretzer the 5th spot will more than likely be a guard.

I don't know of any other big men.

Return to “Boys Basketball”