Will drive to Jackson in return for parking pass

85inside
S

Re: Will drive to Jackson in return for parking pass

Post by 85inside »

I have found the best way to Jackson, Athens, Logan and Nelsonville is taking the "Ribber" Bypass. You drive to Portsmouth, eat at the Ribber, and then take 23 North to 32 at Piketon.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would you like a fundraiser to be held to replenish your $4?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Wasn't Jackson people complaining about 10.00 at the Wellston Hoops Classic with all those great teams and they charge $4.00 to park. Only school that I know that charges to park. So if I go to a game it cost me 4 to park and 4 or 5 to get in the game. 8 to 9 bucks for one game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Ironman92 wrote:Would you like a fundraiser to be held to replenish your $4?

4$$$ :?: :?: :?:

I THOUGHT IT WAS 2 BUCKS?????

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

it is pretty crazy to pay for parking....its gonna take a quarter to pee next season

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Tobias - just a thought, but are the hotdog, popcorn, and ribs you're advocating/requesting really conducive to achieving your posted "QUEST"?
Understand, I'm not driving to or attending games anywhere; but what is wrong with a modest [note I said "modest"] parking fee? My guess is, that if the parking is on school property, the money raised - like the Concession Stand money - is done so and staffed by volunteers and goes to support/provide something for the school's extracurricular Band/Athletic programs no tax revenue does.
In Ironton [as I'm sure you know] there's a large Church with a parking lot across the street from the Conley Center and Tanks' Memorial Stadium. That Church allows their property to be used for parking for Ironton High School games for a $2.00 [I think] fee. That seems fair to me - why shouldn't they be allowed to charge for the use of their property? The alternative is finding FREE parking space on the street in front of people's houses - who get to be inconvienced but aren't allowed to charge you.
Last edited by caglewis on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Pretty sure Jackson doesn't charge $4 to park. It has been $2 when I have been there.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

How about 400 of these

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ironman02 wrote:Pretty sure Jackson doesn't charge $4 to park. It has been $2 when I have been there.

thats what I always remember paying.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Tobias wrote:
caglewis wrote:Tobias - just a thought, but are the hotdog, popcorn, and ribs you're advocating/requesting really conducive to achieving your previously posted "QUEST"?
Understand, I'm not driving to or attending games anywhere; but what is wrong with a modest [note I said "modest"] parking fee? My guess is, that if the parking is on school property, the money raised - like the Concession Stand money - is staffed by volunteers and goes to support/provide something for the school's extracurricular Band/Athletic programs no tax revenue does.
In Ironton [as I'm sure you know] there's a large Church with a parking lot across the street from the Conley Center and Tanks' Memorial Stadium. That Church allows their property to be used for parking for Ironton High School games for a $2.00 [I think] fee. That seems fair to me. The alternative is finding FREE parking space on the street in front of people's houses - who get to be inconvienced but aren't allowed to charge you.

I never park at the church in Ironton...I park in the same spot...directly in front of the former high school entrance......Tobias, Jr. and I were able to watch tennis on a big screen TV in the corner house.....I asked Tobias, Jr. to knock on the door so that they could move the blinds up a bit, but he refused.....he was too busy chowing on his Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's before we went into the game for the tripleheader loss to Ironton.....

I'm a cheapskate at heart.....

....if I get no takers on the fee for a ride deal, then I'll park at the bottom of the hill and walk up....look it's not that far.....and it will help me with my QUEST...

:mrgreen:

it would be pretty funny to get about a dozen cars to park in that field and everyone walk up and not have to pay to park. beter yet, i am gonna take a 4 wheeler and drive people up from the field to the front door for $1 to save people money.....rumor has it they are installing turnstiles on the bathroom doors as we speak

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

naaa, they wouldent charge me each time i entered with more people, i'd just drive through the gate!!!!! lol. actualy i wouldent technicly be parking, i'd only be stopping to let people off. there is your loophole. " well guys, i'm not staying for the game, just dropping some people off at the door" think they will let you through for free or will the friction of your tires on their pavement be enough to constitute for $2 worth of damages?

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

athens78 wrote:Wasn't Jackson people complaining about 10.00 at the Wellston Hoops Classic with all those great teams and they charge $4.00 to park. Only school that I know that charges to park. So if I go to a game it cost me 4 to park and 4 or 5 to get in the game. 8 to 9 bucks for one game.
11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Zanesville HS 2 dollars to park, 6 dollars to get in>>>>>

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Jackson has the upper hand here,they coukld charge 10 bucks to park and people would pay "most people" before they walked up that hill :mrgreen:

I love the place though, Beautifull facility

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:Get there an hour early and no one is manning the post. :122249

I knew it.....Now the truth comes out :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Of course it is $2......I just figured he had been to more than one game there based on his bitterness. He's probably already been to the Portsmouth girls game at Jackson.

I have been to 7 boys games and 5 girls games and have paid $26 in parking thus far.....life goes on. I can stay home for free....but don't wanna.

$1 goes to the athletics fund and $1 goes to the group that is working the gate (boy's team gets $1 for every car at a girl's game and vice versa)

Does everyone drive 55 mph in their 48 mpg hybrids to the game?

Oh....and BTW..make sure your gripe to the person standing in the bitter cold and wind for 2-4 hours so they can contribute their time to the programs of their kids.......it's certainly their fault.

We also charge $1.50 for bottled water.......now how stupid would that have sounded 15 years ago?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

..oh and the comment about Jackson whining about paying $10 to attend Wellston's event.....that was me and no one else. Jackson played in the very first game of the tourney and even though the $10 was more than worth it for what was at that grand event....I wasn't paying $40 for my family to watch 1 game. Had I had any interest in watching other games it would've been a solid deal....but not for one game only.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Get there an hour early and no one is manning the post. :122249

boys, we're leaving at 3:30PM...

:mrgreen:

sounds good to me....

dont forget to bring your cooler...I mean "boook bag" :mrgreen:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Well this year when I went and watched Ironton and Jackson play up there we just drove to the top of the hill without stopping and parked his car. We didn't pay 1 cent

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Pay $70 a year to park and see 7 Penn State home football games while walking almost a mile to the stadium, This after paying 3 bills to get the right to purchase the tickets and then the face value of the tickits themselves...yet we complain about paying $2 to keep from walking up a hill....interesting

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

LetsGoPSU wrote:Pay $70 a year to park and see 7 Penn State home football games while walking almost a mile to the stadium, This after paying 3 bills to get the right to purchase the tickets and then the face value of the tickits themselves...yet we complain about paying $2 to keep from walking up a hill....interesting

Apples and oranges........

Return to “Boys Basketball”