Athens Basketball

Spartan
All Conference

Athens Basketball

Post by Spartan »

The Bulldogs are having an awesome year. I think the Messenger is missing it. JOKE!!!!!

Spartan
All Conference

Re: Athens Basketball

Post by Spartan »

Our Tomcat Brethern from G-town have won 8 of 9. The Messenger is missing that one too.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

That is because the Mess puts a priority on negative news from the area. Anything positive takes a back seat to the negative stories. If nothing negative is out there, they will dig till they find something. Thank goodness for the internet. I never have to read that rag anymore.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Maybe they should look into the scandal behind the way Hannan is being treated by Wellston and Athens.......:lol:

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

PerfectionInPurple, What is the matter? Everyone constantly bags on Athens due to their recent success. Everyone has their turn a the top and now is Athens time. I don't think Hannan wants any part of Athens this year anyway. I think Athens has more than proved that there the best basketball team in this area, despite nonone wanting to give them credit.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

I think he was joking bomber . Go read the Wellston vs Hannan game thread.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

My apologies to PerfectionInPurple, Just a little jumpy with a lot of these people who like to jump all over Athens for having a year where they have good teams almost all around fro once.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Any time a team weakens their schedule and then suddenly has more success there will be doubters. It exacerbates the issue when people from that school come out and proclaim dominance due to that success. Just goes with the territory, so you might as well get use to it.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

exacerbates? :lol:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

ex·ac·er·bate - tr.v. ex·ac·er·bat·ed, ex·ac·er·bat·ing, ex·ac·er·bates. To increase the severity, violence, or bitterness of; aggravate: a ...

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Who proclaimed dominance motivator. Speak only for yourself.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I think perfection thought you meant something you do in the privacy of your own home...... :lol:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:Any time a team weakens their schedule and then suddenly has more success there will be doubters. It exacerbates the issue when people from that school come out and proclaim dominance due to that success. Just goes with the territory, so you might as well get use to it.

Amen, how would they have done playing school there own size like Ironton, Chillicothe, Portsmouth. Yes they beat Logan this year, but everyone is getting the Chiefs!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Geez moon, you mean you have time for something other than your constant bashing of the Logan coaching staff.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

I could have sworn you put you best five on the court and your best 11 on the field that's what wins games it is not the size of your school. You people need to get off that kick it's getting old. Where was the school to big crap when the Nelsonvilles and the Vintons etc. were kicking the mess out of Athens. These are the same kids that played from ninth grade till now and are seniors that were losing, they weren't to big then were they. Let the kids enjoy their success let them be kids, cause the last time I checked a sixteen year old is still the same age as the next sixteen year old.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Maybe I read the score wrong, but I thought Nelsonville beat Athens this past season in football. Also, aren't VC and Athens close to the same size? I do agree that weakening the schedule can surely help them win more games.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

This is exactly why people have been giving Athens a hard time. There are 4 teams in the SEOAL better than Athens right now, but since Athens is having a great season we should all congratulate them. The Athens fans act like they are the underdog, and shouldn't be winning against smaller schools.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Hey shine does Athens use the cut and run in basketball too? :lol:

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

In the DII sectional, Athens has beaten VC, & Gallia of the 8 other teams in that sectional. They beat Logan (DI) They beat Greenup, KY (DI). They play Sheridan in a few weeks so we'll see how they fair from there. The AP poll has ranked Athens at 12th only behind Logan Elm from that Sectional. No other DII school in this area is ranked. This should count for something and not grief from nay sayers. If this was let's say, Gallia, or Warren or even Logan for that matter, the world would be revolving around them. Give Athens the credit they deserve and quit blaming it on a weak schedule. Every game except for a few have been a battle and Athens has found the will and way to win in them all. The players deserve more than talk like this from what I'm assuming are grown ups.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

We need to just wait till the tournament to see what they do. FH has gotten hammered for years for winning the Hocking, and losing early in the tournament. Lets see what Athens does in the tournament before we pass judgement on how good they. But either way, you can not say they are not playing a weaker schedule.

Return to “Boys Basketball”