Logan @ Marietta 2/2

The Doughboy
Waterboy

Logan @ Marietta 2/2

Post by The Doughboy »

All three games, Freshman, JV and Varsity were played...results??

BearcatNation2334
Waterboy

Re: Logan @ Marietta 2/2

Post by BearcatNation2334 »

varsity marietta wins 58-55

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta JV won 46-37

Logan.... 8 8 13 26 -- 55
Marietta 11 12 14 21 -- 58

Mr. Irrelevent
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Irrelevent »

Marietta freshmen also won 47 - 45.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Good jod Marietta. That being said come on Logan fans a basketball coaching change must occur! I think it time to start a petition drive to correct the problems with our basketball program and present to the Board of Ed. after the season is over!

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

I believe coaching changes are allready in the works, both in the boys and girls programs.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

I posted this on the Warren/Logan thread as well.

moonschein, and the rest of you
Get off Keith and the rest of the coaching staff. If you know so much why don't you take the job if it opens? The expectation level of the fans in Logan are simply not realistic. You are D-I school with D-III talent at best! Logan has not had a legit D-I or even D-II college basketball player in years. I am so tired of getting on here reading about the talent on Logan's basketball team is and how poor of a job Keith and his assistants are doing. He can only coach what he's got and he doesn't have much even IF they were all healthy. Patrick is the only player on the team that could play college basketball and he would be playing D-III at a Muskingum type school.
I have talked to Blane several times and he has told me he does not want the job. He realizes like many others that the expectation level of the Logan Locos is just unreachable. No one in their right mind would take this job, and its people like you with outlandish and impossible expectations who make this job so undesirable. I can also tell you that Doug S. is not going to leave Logan Elm so don't even start that crap! Should Logan have a better record? Probably, but I can tell you this the record would not be that much better regardless who was coaching. Keith has been hard working and loyal to the kids, his assistants, the school, and the community. He has done the best job he can and he and his assistants need to be thanked for what they have done and not dragged over the coals by a bunch of thankless cowards hiding behind a laptop and a keyboard.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

not surprised if there are talks about the boys program but girls kinda surprised me...but eaglesrock i agree but to an extent, you have to play the hand you were dealt with and the players have to execute the plays that the coaches call. But when it comes to coaching you have to make the adjustements and the right subs and can't play favorites. plus there hasnt been a stable coaching staff in a while. there has been different asst. coaches in the last three years. and each have a different style they bring to the table and thats how logan has played accustomed to those styles and it messes things up. Its like a quarterback having a different offensive coordinator year in and year out. Logan needs to stick to one style so they don't have to start from step one to teach it and work on it .

The Jackal
Waterboy

Post by The Jackal »

Tall One wrote:I believe coaching changes are allready in the works, both in the boys and girls programs.

What`s the word on the street? who`s in - who`s out?

The Jackal
Waterboy

Post by The Jackal »

[quote="eaglesrock"]I posted this on the Warren/Logan thread as well.

If you know so much why don't you take the job if it opens?

I would be more than willing to take this program over. Please keep me posted as to when the coaching spot will be open.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

If Keith is out it should be his decision.
Last edited by eaglesrock on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Watch for switches to occur between the girl's and boy's program.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Jackal,
Give us your coaching resume. Tell us what makes you more qualified to run this program than those who are running it now? Have you ever been a varsity head coach, or are you one of those coaches living off of what you accomplished while coaching the 4th grade Bobcat team to an undefeated season 8 years ago?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

eaglesrock wrote:Jackal,
Give us your coaching resume. Tell us what makes you more qualified to run this program than those who are running it now? Have you ever been a varsity head coach, or are you one of those coaches living off of what you accomplished while coaching the 4th grade Bobcat team to an undefeated season 8 years ago?
Gee, has it been that long. Time sure flies. Good luck.

klaw10
Riding the Bench

Post by klaw10 »

Tall One wrote:I believe coaching changes are allready in the works, both in the boys and girls programs.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stop trolling and leave Logan already...

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

3morethan2
I understand what you are saying about the number of assistants, but it is not like Logan is the hot bed of high school basketball. Keith does not have a line of coaches outside of his office waiting for the chance to coach the Chieftains. Keith, and all the varsity coaches at Logan have to take what they can get. Coach Rutter is the paid varsity assistant. He does a great job. Before him there was Bentley an intense coach whose basketball knowledge is mainly on the offensive end of the floor. Last year Blevins was there as a volunteer and I am pretty sure he ran the defense. This year McNeil is the volunteer assistant and he has close to 300 wins as a head coach. John Helber has been there since the Swienhart years. Coach Kuhns, formerly of Trimble has several years of varsity coaching experience is coaching the freshmen. There is plenty of quality coaches involved with program. As I stated in my first post the expectation of the people in Logan does not match the ability of athletes they have playing basketball. Its more about the Jimmys and Joes than it is about the X's and O's. Most rational people will agree with the following statement. The vast majority of times If my Jimmys and Joes are better than your Jimmys and Joes I win regardless of the philosophy's of both coaches. Right now other schools Jimmys and Joes are better than Logan's. It is that simple!
As for playing favorites, I have witnessed it during Keith's reign, and I know that Patrick can do no wrong, but that is no reason to run Keith out of town.[

The Jackal
Waterboy

Post by The Jackal »

Never said that I was more qualified....

I did say that I would be willing to coach if the spot was open.

If you need to, please scroll up and you can see for yourself.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Jackal,
You are correct. What I should have said was what makes you qualified
What coaching have you done in your life that has prepared you to lead a D-I basketball program?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

eaglesrock wrote:Jackal,
You are correct. What I should have said was what makes you qualified
What coaching have you done in your life that has prepared you to lead a D-I basketball program?
The Jackal wrote:Never said that I was more qualified....

I did say that I would be willing to coach if the spot was open.

If you need to, please scroll up and you can see for yourself.
Jackal: questions? Are you a reject from another program? You could be automatically qualified. !!!!! Do you have any real connections? You could be automatically qualified. I did not say more qualified. Good luck.

The Jackal
Waterboy

Post by The Jackal »

I guess you could call me a reject from Weber State.

I have no connections to anyone or to the town of Logan for that matter. My wife and I moved from Utah to Lancaster, Ohio 3 years ago to be closer to our daughters and grand babies. I plan to spend my "Golden Years" coaching at the High school level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”