South Webster @ Wheelersburg 2.5.10

dimedrop4
All State

South Webster @ Wheelersburg 2.5.10

Post by dimedrop4 »

Jeeps travel to Burg Friday night to take on the struggling Pirates who are coming off another tough loss to Valley Tuesday night. The first game at Webster was a dandy, as the Jeeps escaped with a 3 point win, beating the Pirates for the first time in over 3 years. I expect this game to be close as well, unless Stegman is not back to 100% full health. Stegman is a HUGE matchup problem for the Jeeps, as he dominates in the paint against them with ease. Only 3 Pirates scored the first time they played the Jeeps, so I'm sure Coach Barrick will be looking for some offense from some more players this game. Depending on Stegman's health: If he's back to full potential, I'll say Jeeps by 4; if he's less than 75% or so, Jeeps by 14. Webster hasn't lost a road game this year, so let's hope they can keep it that way; that would be very beneficial come tournament time. Hope this one doesn't get snowed out!!! Good Luck to both teams! Thoughts/Predictions?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster @ Wheelersburg 2.5.10

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

What Dime said. Stegman had 10 points last night.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

As bad as I hate to say this, I think Webster gets the sweep this year over the Burg. Burg just hasn't found any continuity yet this season and from the looks of things they aren't going to.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

If my memory is correct, Wheelersburg has lost 5 of their 8 losses by 5 or less points. They usually win the close games. Time will tell, but they have to start pulling some of the close ones their way. I believe the Jeeps will win by less than 10.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I'll go with the Jeeps, but i'll tell you what. The Jeeps better be ready for a fight! Wheelersburg will NOT go away quietly!
It's going to take 4 quarters of solid play. Can't take any possession off Friday night. Otherwise Wheelersburg will win this one.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

has the burg ever lost 10 games in a season under barrick

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

you know when wheelersburg is having a "bad" year and people still arent confident that they will get a win against them it tells a lot about the tradition of sports at wheelersburg

but i am gonna agree with most everyone, its gonna be close, but i see the jeeps walking away with another win

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Burg has no chemistry. period.

Steman seems fine. It will be a close game, and I hope the Burg pulls it out, but they are troubled, for sure.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i done some checkin and the most losses for a barrick coached burg team was 9. the burg hasn't lost 10 games or more in a season since the early 90's. i believe i seen where it was just a couple years before barrick arrived

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This is also the Burg's homecoming game. I've lived in the Burg for close to 40 years and to my knowledge Burg has never lost on homecoming night in basketball during that time.

If they want that streak to continue they will need to get after it and start playing some good ball. This team has the potential, but like someone said they just don't have the chemistry right now. Hopefully they will put it together and make a run in the tourney like the 91-92 team did. I believe they went either 9-11 or 10-10 in regular season and made it all the way to the regional final that year, knocking off No. 1 Chesapeake in the sectionals that year.

Good luck Pirates

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:This is also the Burg's homecoming game. I've lived in the Burg for close to 40 years and to my knowledge Burg has never lost on homecoming night in basketball during that time.

If they want that streak to continue they will need to get after it and start playing some good ball. This team has the potential, but like someone said they just don't have the chemistry right now. Hopefully they will put it together and make a run in the tourney like the 91-92 team did. I believe they went either 9-11 or 10-10 in regular season and made it all the way to the regional final that year, knocking off No. 1 Chesapeake in the sectionals that year.

Good luck Pirates

That team in 91-92 struggled during the year because of Eaton being out most of the season with a football injury. After he came back they went on a tear and came within a few points of making it to the Final 4. Any chance that Schankweiler will be back before the end of the season? He could really help the team.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:This is also the Burg's homecoming game. I've lived in the Burg for close to 40 years and to my knowledge Burg has never lost on homecoming night in basketball during that time.

Good luck Pirates

i'd like to see them make a run but IMHO i don't see this team gettin out of the sectionals. IMHO i think they will be one and done. i hope i'm wrong though

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Packed house?

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

always

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Swanker Pine wrote:Packed house?

unless mother nature has somethin to say then you can almost guarentee it

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to the Jeeps tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see if Ater zones them or plays them straight-up like last game.

Hate the timing of this game though as Wheelersburg coming off a tough loss to Valley and Stegman getting healthy. Burg is backed into a corner and we'll see if they roll over or come out fighting. On top of that, it's their Homecoming, so motivation shouldn't be a problem. I believe there are some chemistry problems with Burg, and I got my speculation as to why, but they still got time to get it together for the tournament. With all that said, I like Burg in a close one...I'll say 48-44. Prove me wrong Jeeps!*

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Webster at the buzzer for the sweep.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

art_vandelay wrote:Good luck to the Jeeps tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see if Ater zones them or plays them straight-up like last game.

Hate the timing of this game though as Wheelersburg coming off a tough loss to Valley and Stegman getting healthy. Burg is backed into a corner and we'll see if they roll over or come out fighting. On top of that, it's their Homecoming, so motivation shouldn't be a problem. I believe there are some chemistry problems with Burg, and I got my speculation as to why, but they still got time to get it together for the tournament. With all that said, I like Burg in a close one...I'll say 48-44. Prove me wrong Jeeps!*

There's a lot to be concerned about in this game. Timing, motivation, etc.
I'll still take my Jeeps by the slimist of margins: 51-1/2 - 51!!

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

This game still on for tonight?

falcon5
Waterboy

Post by falcon5 »

yes game on!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”