1-13 West Union Dragons on 2-4-10

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

1-13 West Union Dragons on 2-4-10

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

1-13 West Union Dragons that just kills me to say. But I do have some things on my mind. I know we have alot of fans, players, and coaches that are on this site. Most of them dont write but read, which they know who I am.

I believe we all have to come together has a program. Now I think we have the coaches, players and fans to be a good program. Its just... we all have to be on the same page. We all have to trust, believe, and help each other. The kids have to believe in us and what we are teaching them. Plus work a little harder. As coaches, we put in alot of time (which I do). Alot of practice planning and game planning. As fans we have to support all the parents, players, and coaches. You may not like what we are doing, but we are trying to do are best. Me and Coach Brewer has put in alot of time. Hay I started in April with open gyms and ran all the way up to the last day in July. Then had are dead period and started open gyms back up after Labor day. I mean I have alot of time involved this summer. Did all the junior shot-outs and all the varsity shot-outs and camps. Me and Coach Brewer travel alot of miles to go scout. Now I aslo go and scout the 7th and 8th grade teams too. So there is alot of time that goes into coaching. Alot of time goes into teaching this kids the right things and the kids doing what they need to do.

I believe we have the kids in the program to win. They all have a ton of heart. But do they believe? I have seen a big difference in all the players in are program. Shoot my 8th grades kids are really are starting to listen and do what we do in practice in games. They are starting to box out and run a offense. Which we have problems with. I see a differnce in are jv and varsity kids too. But we all have to keep teaching and learning. We are not a very strong defense of program. Hay Offense is Awesome, but winning games is about having the fundamentals to win those games. That is why as coaches we all have to step up are games. Has players you all need to step up your games and fundamentals.

I hope that this gets some people pump up alittle bit. I dont want this to be a bad topic. This is about wanting some change and get better as a WHOLE PROGRAM. You all can write on this topic if you wish. Thanks for your time to read this.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Re: 1-13 West Union Dragons on 2-4-10

Post by bucknut53 »

great stuff tarheel..you must have typed this right before you had an appointment or something.

tagyourit
Riding the Bench

Post by tagyourit »

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

Whaaaaaaaaaat.........???????????????

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

tagyourit wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

:lol:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

TribeManiac10 wrote:

:lol:

:122245

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

That is one of the funniest clips of all time from Billy Madison.

Seriously, Tar Heel should be commended for his time and commitment to West Union Basketball. I dont have the answers, and am not totally sure what exactly the problem is, but one thing that seems to separate West Union from the majority of schools in this area is that at West Union losing is tolerated - almost accepted. From the administration (possibly the community) it is acceptable to lose year after year. Losing is a disease and it spreads quickly and becomes harder every year to overcome it and take steps to learn to win.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what are the records of the lower level programs? 7th, 8th, 9th, and jv?

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

7th Grade is 7-4...8th Grade is 6-5...JV has 2 or 3 wins not real sure on there record.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Not laughing!!!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Tarheel, are you a teacher at the school as well?

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

ovc fan wrote:Tarheel, are you a teacher at the school as well?

Seriously? How could anyone read that post and come to that conclusion?

Return to “Boys Basketball”