Waverly / Oak Hill game still on?

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Waverly / Oak Hill game still on?

Post by bucki4life »

As of 10:30 a.m. the game is still on- they are probably waiting to see if the weather turns to ice or snow but my understanding is they are going to play- if anyone has any updates please post it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly / Oak Hill game still on?

Post by smurray »

I know all parties involved want to get this game in tonight if possible. Not sure how late they'll wait to cancel if they do. I want to get it in but the weather will keep some people home and that's a shame. This is a HUGE game against two of the better teams in southeastern Ohio, not to mention it is to be senior night and we're recognizing the 1980 team (30 year anniversary of the regional finals). Most of the players on that 1980 team were planning on being here tonight. Not sure how easy it will be to get them all here during the week (Huntington next week, Oak Hill make up).

Waverly needs to get it in before the tournament draw. A Tiger victory over the Oaks SHOULD help them get the #1 seed in the sectional. They more than likely do not have the #1 right now so another loss to Oak Hill won't hurt their seeding.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Both teams want this game to be played before the draw for sectional seeding purposes, which they may be able even if the game is not played tonight (2/5/10).
I have a hard time seeing Waverly getting the #1 seed I just don't see it happening. I think Court House will get it and Waverly and Chilly get the #2 and #3 slots.
News says snow will start in the south around 10:00pm mostly rain until then let's book the Oaks some rooms at the AmeriHost and play this one tonight.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Game is off for tonight. Postponed to a later date

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Game is Saturday night!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If the worst of the weather is going to hit tonight (after midnight) and tomorrow how will this game be played tomorrow? I hope it can!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Just talked to the AD. They will see what it looks like in the morning and make a decision fairly early. Wednesday will be a possible date if they can't go tomorrow.

MoonTang
Waterboy

Post by MoonTang »

2:00 pm. Just heard that the game is definitely postponed for tonight. OaK Hill in session today; Waverly NOT in session today. Raining now, 39 degrees. Should have been played tonight!

Heard that Waverly wanted to play but Oak Hill did not. Of course it's to the Oaks benefit to postpone until Wednesday. Waverly hosts Huntington Tuesday, gets ready for S. Webster on Friday, and at Chilli on Tuesday. When the Tigers only play 7 guys fatigue is an advantage for the opposition. Norm didn't even need a ref to make this call.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I believe it is the road teams call, they have to make the trek in the weather.
I am sure Norm wants to play this game in the worst way. JMO!!

Plus, didn't they say it is rescheduled for tomorrow night?

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

MoonTang wrote:2:00 pm. Just heard that the game is definitely postponed for tonight. OaK Hill in session today; Waverly NOT in session today. Raining now, 39 degrees. Should have been played tonight!

Heard that Waverly wanted to play but Oak Hill did not. Of course it's to the Oaks benefit to postpone until Wednesday. Waverly hosts Huntington Tuesday, gets ready for S. Webster on Friday, and at Chilli on Tuesday. When the Tigers only play 7 guys fatigue is an advantage for the opposition. Norm didn't even need a ref to make this call.

Just spoke with Norm and he was just coming out of a meeting with Jesus. He definitely pulled some strings with the big man to manipulate the forecast to his advantage. He also said that this game would "only" be played tomorrow night if and when he was able to get a hold of his third official. The other two officials are spending the night at his house this evening so they can review film and come up with a grand scheme to hose the Tigers. I'll keep ya posted on any further developments!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Norm was ready to make the trip as of 11:00a.m. but a bus driver or someone with the school (Oak Hill) returned or called sometime after 12:00p.m. and said it was getting slick.
It is up to the team that has to travel to make the call and I guess Norm didn't want to risk it. I think they had a better chance of playing tonight then they will tomorrow.

Why was school in Pike County closed?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

South Webster at Burg is still on.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I will certainly be making the trip to see this one tommorow if it is still on.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

The snow is coming down and looks like we got about 3 or 4 inches maybe more. The game will be cancelled if this keeps up

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

snow will be outta here by 2:00 today. Hopefully the roads will be in good enough shape for this game tonight. Should be a packed house if the game is played tonight.!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Game canceled.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Wednesday?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Another storm is looking to bring snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Another storm is looking to bring snow Tuesday and Wednesday.

NNNOOOO!!!!!! :122245 :-D :) :12223 :122247 :( :? :cry: :mad: :oops:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wednesday is out. They are looking at next Saturday (before the Sunday draw) or the following Monday.

Waverly wants to get this game in before the draw but next Saturday would put the Tigers playing Tuesday (home vs Huntington), on the road Friday at South Webster and then the very next night against Oak Hill. Two huge games on back to back nights. Not good for a team rotating 7 players.

Return to “Boys Basketball”