Freshman Team

Best.

Post by jacksonoaks »

Best or Favorite Student Section Chants or Saying

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Re: Best.

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Wish Student Sections existed as they used to...

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Best one i heard is when a player fell and got sweat on the floor..the ref walked to the bench and got a towel and started wiping the floor. Students started chanting "thats your real job". Lol. Classic. Not funny to the ref though

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I always thought student sections were to cheer for their team, not put down everybody in the gymnasium. I don't think that chant towards the ref was cute at all and was very disrespectful.

They obviously can't play the sport so they just take advantage of the situations the athletes have created and use that to draw attention to their own jealous little bones.
If I were a Super, I'd do away with them. They're nothing more than a disturbing distraction from the game and frequently cause problems. :mad:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The worst is the overrated chant. I never understood why you would chant that. Wouldn't you want to beat somebody that was ranked really high.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

No, the worst is when you chant "just like football". I believe when you do that, you're putting emphasis on the football team instead of the basketball team. Sounds disrespectful to the basketball players (and I was a football guy).

I might be going to my first Ohio University bball game; if I can, I'm sure I'll hear some good ones :-D .

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg.

but they have nothing on the 05-06 State Champions cheer block... those were the days.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

LoganElm_grad09 wrote:No, the worst is when you chant "just like football". I believe when you do that, you're putting emphasis on the football team instead of the basketball team. Sounds disrespectful to the basketball players (and I was a football guy).

I might be going to my first Ohio University bball game; if I can, I'm sure I'll hear some good ones :-D .

Try going to northwest and having to deal with that :lol: , teams can't stand to think NW actually is good at basketball so when they are losing pretty much every opposing student section resorts to that one. Pretty lame if you ask me!

Return to “Boys Basketball”