SEOP

Re: Waverly @ South Webster 2/12/10

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to the Tigers!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

15 minutes or so until a poster from Webster is on here crying about the coaching costing them the game or saying the better team got beat. Oh well, won't be coming from this Webster fan. Waverly is a tough team and probably the second best team on the Jeeps' schedule behind Oak Hill. Jeeps will be ok...no time to hang their heads with Minford coming up tomorrow night and 5, yes 5, games scheduled for next week!

jeep80: game tomorrow night is supposed to be on WNXT according to Roger Gray this morning.*

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

art_vandelay wrote:jeep80: game tomorrow night is supposed to be on WNXT according to Roger Gray this morning.*

I guess Wheelersburg has tomorrow night off! :-D

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps by 9. I don't know who Martin is but have heard he's the star player for Waverly right? If the Jeeps can play smart and effectively I say we win in a conservative fashion.

Tigers by a conservative 14. Now you know about CROW my friend

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Martin finished with a quite 19 while Kretzer lead the way with 25 or 26. Roback had a monster night with points and rebounds. I don't have the stats but Roback played a heck of a game.

art, Waverly lost by 2 AT Oak Hill a month ago and have the Oaks coming to Waverly next Saturday. Not sure the Tigers are the 2nd best team on the Jeeps schedule. We'll see next week.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Good win for the Tigers going into the tourney draw.! Hope the Tigers can come out with a good seed!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats to the Tigers. Very solid road win.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

witness230,
Robertson wanted to make up the game with Oak Hill tomorrow night, before the draw on Sunday to possibly secure a #1 seed with a win over Oak Hill, but National Coach of the Year Stormin Normin Persin refused to play it before the draw. Both teams sitting at home tomorrow night with games to make up.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Tigers to much firepower tonight which was expected and they continue to play great d. Good Job Tigers
I enjoyed watching Webster play Coach Ater gets absolutely the most out of this team, and they could make a long run in the tourney in d4.
Long Week next week @ Chillicothe @ Northwest then home against Oak Hill, a sweep would be real nice!!!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:witness230,
Robertson wanted to make up the game with Oak Hill tomorrow night, before the draw on Sunday to possibly secure a #1 seed with a win over Oak Hill, but National Coach of the Year Stormin Normin Persin refue ssed to play it before the draw. Both teams sitting at home tomorrow night with games to make up.

Oak Hill has 4 games next week and still a makeup with Northwest. The first game with Webster was postponed in early January rescheduled for Feb. 16. Mind you at the time of the postponement Webster was undefeated. Only solace that Waverly can get is that maybe some tired legs come Saturday for the defending State Champs.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I ain't eatin no crow. when i said conservatively I meant not a nail biter or buzzer beater like the past 10 games. Waverly just flat outplayed us tonight.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Swanker Pine wrote:I ain't eatin no crow. when i said conservatively I meant not a nail biter or buzzer beater like the past 10 games. Waverly just flat outplayed us tonight.

Excuse me but I can't understand you with all the feathers in your mouth.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Swanker Pine wrote:I ain't eatin no crow. when i said conservatively I meant not a nail biter or buzzer beater like the past 10 games. Waverly just flat outplayed us tonight.

Excuse me but I can't understand you with all the feathers in your mouth.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I'm Mute. just so you know....

bettis36
Waterboy

Post by bettis36 »

Waverly's big guys were just too much for South webster. Robach, Kretzer and martin all played really well.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

Swanker Pine wrote:I'm Mute. just so you know....

:roll:

Swanker Pine wrote:
2. I was not on here running my mouth, I was at Giovannis, just like any other night when we have a home game.

So were you at Giovannis 'Running your mouth' ? :122248

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

That was a tough loss, especially going into this next week with all the makeup games. Maybe they can get some payback when they ruin Oak Hill's undefeated season. I believe they can no matter how high they are ranked. First, they have to take it one game at a time. After watching two of the three tough losses, you can see the heart this team has. I do think they panic a little when they get down by 8 or more. Then they start trying to drain the three and last night they couldn't buy a basket at that point. It didn't matter if they were open or guarded, the shots would not go down for them. That in itself had to be frustrating, but they did not give up. Maybe, if they find themselves in that situation again and the 3's aren't falling, they can penetrate inside more and if anything draw the foul. At least, until they can get their shots back on track. Good luck Jeeps! It's gonna be a long week, but just make it a sweep of W's and let's go rock the tournament. This post should stir up some folks. It's just an opinion folks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly is hoping the Jeeps can indeed knock off the mighty Oaks. Give the Tigers something other than pride to play for Saturday night. I know Waverly has to travel to and beat Northwest on Friday night but the Jeeps play Oak Hill before that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

soc2fan wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:I'm Mute. just so you know....

:roll:

awwwww shutup :lol: :lol: :lol: I gave the tigers their respect due. Jake Kretzer showed up tonight and played a lot better then the first game that's for sure. AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE? :122246 :122246 he reminded me of Nick Aldridge last night and that is saying something.

SWBiddyball. Webster can knock off Oak Hill on a good night I truly believe that. There was a 1 point difference after the first quarter of the first game and then we fell apart after that. And last night, right in front of me, someone shot 2 threes and they toilet bowled around the rim and went back out and then the offensive board put back hung on the rim and fell out. that killed me a little inside... :cry:

I think Waverly knocks off the Oaks @ Waverly

Return to “Boys Basketball”