Riding the Bench

Re: Burg vs Oak Hill 2-26-10 3rd meeting this year

Post by The Exciting One »

Dangerous game for the Oaks!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

last regular season game was played poorly and with little intensity by both teams. both using their poker faces for the tourney game. low scoring game in favor of the pirates. burg should just hold the ball indefinately and force the oaks out of the zone. burg should play zone and make the oaks make outside shots. should be interesting.

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Hard to beat a team three times in the same year...should be a good game. I'll take the Oaks by 7, though.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

I agree, this is a very dangerous game for Oak Hill...However I'll give them the edge by 9....Good luck to both teams!

Brick Tamlin
Waterboy

Post by Brick Tamlin »

The Oaks will win this one by about 12

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't know if I can speak for all of Waverly but as much as we have disliked the Pirates over the years we're rooting for them in this one. I for one would like nothing more than to see the Oaks fall earlier in the tourny, and who better to knock them off than another SOC school.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I have watched the Burg play all year. I can say this year has been down every game. Everytime that team steps on the court the games are close and they couldn't buy a break. Team chemistry had diminished, you could see it in their eyes. Players didn't show up for tryouts who had played last year, players injured...if something could go wrong for this team..it did. We can evaluate the other two games with OH..they don't matter at this point. This game is going to be about heart for the Burg. When they step on the court Friday night, the only thing they should feel is determination from the heart. Play Burg style ball. Defense first, concentrate on your shots, play fundamental basketball, box out, and team work. If Burg can put one game together where all those instruments mix, they can do anything they want in this tournament including beating Oak Hill. What they need to remember is, Ondera will score his points...period. Contain and get rebounds...that will put them right in the game until the end. If Burg wins it won't be by a lot, and if Oak Hill wins...I would say it will be a 10 point margin. Just play with heart. We haven't seen that much this year. I would say there have been too many 2-5 point losses this year that took the wind out of the Burg. The tourny is a new slate... Good Luck to both teams for a good clean game. More importantly!...GO Burg and remember what jersey you have on and who you are representing.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

RxBurgFan wrote:last regular season game was played poorly and with little intensity by both teams. both using their poker faces for the tourney game. low scoring game in favor of the pirates. burg should just hold the ball indefinately and force the oaks out of the zone. burg should play zone and make the oaks make outside shots. should be interesting.

I would love for them to play the zone and force Ondera to bust some 3's! :mrgreen:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I don't know if I can speak for all of Waverly but as much as we have disliked the Pirates over the years we're rooting for them in this one. I for one would like nothing more than to see the Oaks fall earlier in the tourny, and who better to knock them off than another SOC school.

Oh, how quickly the tides have changed

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I know mof!!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Go Burg from another Waverly fan!!!!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think for the Burg to win that Andrew Bendolph must have a good scoring game........otherwise, I just don't think the Pirates will have enough offense to beat the Oaks.......if AB scores 15-20 points, WHS could pull off the W.......

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Oaks by as many as they want!!!!

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Not only to AB need a 15 point game, Stegman needs 20, Lang needs 10-15, and everyone else (Ward, Miller, Mcbee, Ballard, Warner, Diduit) need to put in a basket or two as well. Then the Burg has all the chances they want.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I thought McBee was out for the year?

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

So did I an everyone else..he played last night :)

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

IMO: Teams that succeed in the tournament are teams that get better every game from here on out. Burg played a great game at Gallia Academy, lost to Oak Hill in a good game, played great D againts Rock Hill and has been knocking some shots down as opposed to the beginning of the year. These are all good signs Burg is going to come to play on Friday. Plus, they are getting some help off the bench which is a huge help as well, they need those guys to step up now.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MOF,
All it takes for the tide to change that quickly is a display like Saturday night. The same feelings do not hold true for the girls program. I have the upmost respect for Coach Hale and wish them much success. I think he coaches and wins with class.

Return to “Boys Basketball”