#1 South Webster vs. #5 Fairfield 3/2 @ Valley

sports_fanatic34
Waterboy

#1 South Webster vs. #5 Fairfield 3/2 @ Valley

Post by sports_fanatic34 »

Thoughts on this game, I think it could turn out to be a very good game.

dimedrop4
All State

Re: #1 South Webster vs. #5 Fairfield 3/2 @ Valley

Post by dimedrop4 »

Webster's gonna have some trouble handling Fairfield's big guy inside...If they can handle him, they should win because they have some of the best guard play around. Someone else besides Wes Loop needs to step up as well. You can't rely on him to put up 30 points every night fellas...Someone else has to jump in and try to score as well...Jeeps had a rough first game in which Coach Ater was not pleased with AT ALL. I look for them to pick it up on both sides of the floor in this game. JEEPS BY 10.

GO JEEPS!!!
Last edited by dimedrop4 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Just because Loop had 30 against Western doesn't mean he does it all. Sure he handled the bulk of the scoring but anytime a team beats another, other players must of contributed...

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Didn't mean it that way...I just meant the boys can't expect to go out, Wes score 30 points, and think that will be enough to help them win games. Sure it would be nice if Wes was that consistent, but he needs other offensive support as well if the Jeeps wanna make it very far in the tournament. The defense is there...we just need to work on spreading out the scoring a little....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Should be a good game. Pulling for Webster to represent the SOC2!

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

With the #2 seed Green Bobcats losing last night, anything is possible in tournaments. Survive and move on, lose and go home.

South Webster needs to just focus on Fairfield or an upset is possible. I'll take SW by 12.

Good luck to the the Jeeps!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bulkmove wrote:With the #2 seed Green Bobcats losing last night, anything is possible in tournaments. Survive and move on, lose and go home.

South Webster needs to just focus on Fairfield or an upset is possible. I'll take SW by 12.

Should be a good game. Fairfield has height on the Jeeps but SW's gaurd play is a little bit better. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

bulkmove wrote:With the #2 seed Green Bobcats losing last night, anything is possible in tournaments. Survive and move on, lose and go home.

Them getting the 2 seed was a joke.

I'll take the Jeeps in this one by 16. Connor Scott drives in and kicks it out and our 3 point shooters tear it up. After they adjust to that, Connor gets his points inside

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

These are 2 D4 teams that are battled tested. They both played very solid schedules to prepare them. Fairfield will have their hands full....but Cox is a heckuva player and Fairfield gets after it. Advantage to local SW team

SW by 10....but Fairfield can win.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

swanker: Yep...East over Green was not too big of a surprise as Green should have been a #5 seed at best.

As for this game, sounds like the big boy (Chris Cox) for Fairfield is the real deal (averaging 22pts and 10reb/game). They are an average outside shooting team at best (if stats I've seen are accurate, they're about 27% from behind the arc), so look for Webster to play a tight zone to make Cox navigate through traffic until Fairfield shoots Webster out of the zone. With all that said, I can't see Cox being that much better than Leslie from Northwest or Stegman from Wheelersburg, and Webster went 4-0 against those teams despite big games from those players. So, I look for the Jeeps to win this one as well by 5-10pts regardless of what Cox does. As ironman already said though, Fairfield has played and beaten some solid teams, so would not be a shocker to see them pull this one out either. Good luck Jeeps.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No Cox isn't any better than those players....but he is very long.

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

sports_fanatic34 wrote:Thoughts on this game, I think it could turn out to be a very good game.

Cool name.. Impersonate much?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

whiteoak caused fairfield a lot of problems in their two wins with a full court press. does south webster press?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

sparky wrote:whiteoak caused fairfield a lot of problems in their two wins with a full court press. does south webster press?

Don't really know if they press much, but they play defense like very few teams do. That is why they have had the success they have had. Fairfield better be patient on offense because South Webster will get after it on "D"

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

A couple of reserve/freshman sharpshooters for fairfieldhave been getting some big minutes and might bring that outside shooting % up.Just ask Peebles about reserve players moving up from last night.Sometimes it just takes a couple of shots by an unknown to get it done in crunch time.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Going have to slightly disagree with jeep80. They are not a real good defensive team. They aren't horrible though. They have their good days. What they are good at is when there is a turnover(apple or cherry) they do a real good job of turning into points. They will force the up tempo on you and take advantage of your mistakes. They finish really well.

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Webster by 15. They are sloppy at times but man they have some very athletic players. If they take care of the ball they could make a nice run this postseason.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

I have watched both teams play this year. I am going with South Webster.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Its all about running the floor. How many points has SW scored off fast breaks this year?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

jeepmadness wrote:Going have to slightly disagree with jeep80. They are not a real good defensive team. They aren't horrible though. They have their good days. What they are good at is when there is a turnover(apple or cherry) they do a real good job of turning into points. They will force the up tempo on you and take advantage of your mistakes. They finish really well.

I'm just quoting my brother who has seen them play. He thinks they play better defense than any of the Div. IV teams in the area.
I've seen one game and they played really good "D". But did go through a spell when they let up.

Return to “Boys Basketball”