Final: Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 -- Regional Championship

tk421
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake vs. Ironton - Reg'l Championship - 3/20 @ 7:30PM

Post by tk421 »

Got to go with the Tigers for a return trip to the Finals.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Ironton beat Chesapeake at home 66-63 back on December 8th.

osnn
Waterboy

Post by osnn »

Ironton (21-4) vs. Chesapeake(20-4)

An all-Lawrence County final !!!

osnn
Waterboy

Post by osnn »

Talent wise, Ironton and Portsmouth are the two best teams in the area this season.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Ironton by 9. Good luck to both teams! Glad to see two local teams in the regional finals with one of them going to the Final 4!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

osnn wrote:Talent wise, Ironton and Portsmouth are the two best teams in the area this season.

Valley must have not got the memo...

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Portsmouth ain't playing :o

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Winner of this game gets the winner of the Lima Central Catholic vs Plymouth in State semi's

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

Ironton and Chesapeake are the two best teams in the area. They are the only teams in the area that will have practice tomorrow. I know Ironton's score tonight will give their fans a lot of over confidence. Kind of like us fans of the purple and white were when we dismantled Piketon. I just wonder how popcornPhil's dentist appointment went tonight...lol. Thats an inside Chesapeake fan joke about the greatest biddy league basketball coach in America that posted on our boards.

osnn
Waterboy

Post by osnn »

Quote:
D-5 Wrote:
"Portsmouth ain't playing"

I realize Portsmouth is not playing. What I meant is that Ironton and Portsmouth had the most talented and athletic players in the area this season. Talent and athletic ability, however does not always translate to success.

In Ironton's case it has this year.

Portsmouth did have some very talented basketball players on its roster this season.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

I love the all Larry County final! But...its the 'Peake's year to FINALLY make it to State. Expect the game to go the distance, but its the Panthers' turn to cut down the nets!

Let's go boys...Columbus is beautugliful this time of year!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Who is Ironton's Dennis Gagai this year?

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Congratulations to both, very deserving teams!!! Either one will represent SE Ohio very well!!! Should be a battle!

Although Chesapeake knocked us out of the tourney, I have to go with my alma mater in this one....They supported us last season...in return...

GO TIGERS!

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

By what I have heard their Dennis Gagai this year is Tim Kochendoerfer. While our P.J. Rase is Nathan Copley and Aaron Gosset is Austin McMaster. :)

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

To be able to run and jump does not make someone a basketball player. To say Portsmouth had so much talent is not being in touch with that thing called realitity. Memo: the Timothy Leary experiments are over! And don't take the brown acid!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

has popcorn phil been heard from since his team went down

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Yes, he posted something about the refs...he isnt even a zane trace fan. Was just on here to give Chesapeake fans a hard time. Anyway, After I ate my shorts, with a little mustard, I am back. This is going to be a very good game and I wish both teams luck. Never would have thought the score in the Zane Trace-Peake game would have been that low. This game coming up Saturday will be a new test for both teams. Ironton hasnt seen the size in the tourney like Peake has but Peake hasnt played against a tougher team than Ironton. If the refs let it go, advantage Ironton, if its called close, then I say Peake will pull out the win. Could be one of the most exciting games of the year. Either way, its good to see a couple of local team go to Columbus.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Really glad to see two great basketball teams from Lawrence County both playing each other in the finals...usually we face each other in the early rounds and beat each other out before we get to the larger games...Both teams are really special this year...however...From everything I have seen...this Ironton team has really progressed much further than Chesepeake since the game in Ironton...I believe Ironton will be a ten plus winner in this contest...I really think Chesepeake has a great team however..great guard up front defensively...and two good big men inside...I believe all five have decent talent...however..the bench being one man going in just won't be enough with this Ironton team...much different than the last time Ironton played Chesey last...might get UGLY...late...however..nothing for either team to hang their head about whoever wins or loses...both teams are special...and have played great and should be very proud...I just think Ironton is going to be a little much for this bunch...

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

To close to call IMO but I have to take one of theses great team I feel the balance of Cheaspeake will help them get over the hump & go to the Final Four

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Gonna be an good one!

Return to “Boys Basketball”