Final: Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 -- Regional Championship

gotigers
Freshman Team

Re: Final: Chesapeake 63 Ironton 47 -- Regional Championship

Post by gotigers »

Congrats to the Peake! They just flat outplayed my Tigers tonight and deserved to win. Good luck in Columbus.

GO TIGERS!!!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake vs. Ironton - Reg'l Championship - 3/20 @ 7:30PM

Post by Chesapeake »

shaynew wrote:Sorry PANTHERS 72 NORM never spent a minute in the Chesapeake youth leagues other than the 1 week camp every year where he was non existant.

I bet Norm still showed up at the youth league practices sometimes and told those kids if they took their vitamins and said their prayers brother, that one day maybe they could play at the convo. :lol:

sailor
Waterboy

Post by sailor »

This is from someone who's been watching Panther basketball for 40 years..........AWESOME JOB PEAKE!!!!! We've been through ups and downs over the years.......the Persin years were awesome and anyone who says anything negative about him or his teams isn't thinking about how great and fun they were to watch. With that said, I will have to say that Coach Davis is probably one of the greatest All-Around coaches I've ever had the honor of being around. He doesn't just coach the game, he coaches and encourages each individual player on the team. And that is what gets you this far......playing like a team! No matter what happens at State, I am so proud of the team that is going there to represent our community. I'm proud to be a Panther fan. I have a great respect for the coach and the respectful attitudes he demands from his players. I wish you the best of luck in Columbus! Go Peake!!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Congrats Panthers!! Awesome show tonight! Panthers never let Ironton get comfortable on offense and handled the Tiger pressure pretty well. We are proud of each and every one of you!

Tigers - great run. Good luck next year.

'Peake - You are in the history books! Wear this honor with pride and dignity. You've worked hard and deserve the attention you are going to get this week. But remember....you have two more wins to go, so don't rest on your laurels just yet.

Enjoy the Final Four and lets keep this Purple Reign going! Set an example for all the Panther cubs on the JV squad, Middle School and Buddy League to aspire to.

GO PEAKE!!!

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Awesome Job Panthers, i heard sooo many Ironton people talk about how it wouldn't be a ball game. I watched Chesapeake all year improve,they are pretty darn good!

Go gettem at State.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake vs. Ironton - Reg'l Championship - 3/20 @ 7:30PM

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Ironman92 wrote:Peake still playin the karma.

Norm left.......for greener ground.....obtained 2 stars from Jackson....won state championship......loses in sectional final @ JACKSON of all places and now Peake has ran the table to make it to the state for the 1st time.

Congrats Peake

In D-4 he won a State Title,things were a little tougher in d-3 huh?

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

:-D Nice win PEAKE....everyone whose played or coached at chesapeake has help them get to this point...go up thereand show everyone how they play ball in SE OHIO. :-D

Finally we get our shot, been so many years losing to The Burg or Ironton....just happy that Chesapeake finally gets over the hump

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Where to start?
First off congrats to the Peake!You guys played a great game.Bring home the State championship to Lawrence County!
Id like to also thank the senior boys for all you have done.Our youngsters look up to you guys.
To our coaches thank you for all your time and effort you give these kids.
To the students in the student section,its finally good to see some school spirit.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

[quote]In D-4 he won a State Title,things were a little tougher in d-3 huh?
[quote="Ironman92"]

Please don't bring posts like this over on a Chesapeake thread. You are not going to find people who respect Norm, disrespect him like you and others do. I played for him and I appreciate everything he did for our program and community. He established a PROGRAM at Chesapeake, and if that means while he was here we didn't get to state so be it, but I would much rather have played in a great program then played for a one shot team like most teams in our area. Lets face it there are only a few PROGRAMS in the area, the rest are bunch of teams. He won a state championship and that is really all that matters. Some people are never satisfied and have to be negative. Funny since the town of Ironton had a big to do for Norm after he won the state title and wanted him so badly to lead thier own program.

Back to the topic at hand, way to go Chesapeake! Finally did it. two more to go.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I was just waiting for something awsome to happen in Chesapeake before getting on here. But hey well of a game by the Panthers. Honestly I dont know if there was any stopping them last night! Yea it may have been a great game but was it ever in question? The roll players really stepped up and did what needed to be done! Kennedy in the 1st half down low and Trent Saunders with 10+ rebounds. Plus the ability to take care of the ball by Hintz, the scoring abiltiy of Mcmaster and Copley and what minuts Colton Lindsey gave last night! Congrats to the Tigers and Coach Lafon on a good season! But the Panther Season has been Great and it continues Thursday!!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Well Put Peake!!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x ... right-time

For any out of towners who wish to read the article. Its a great story. Many congrats to the Peake boys and Coach Davis and the community. Great season by Coach Lafon and the Tigers.

purple pride
Waterboy

Post by purple pride »

This victory has been long over due,the players ,coaches,and the community have been waiting,I for one 46years.This one is for the all former teams that left Athens heart broken.The tradition will carry on under coach Davis and his staff.The class act of his team represents CHESAPEAKE.Way to go panthers,keep playing with your heart.

ruckerm
Waterboy

Post by ruckerm »

Congrats to our boys on making the State Tournament! As a former player of the program I cannot express how much it means for our team to finally make it to State. All the years that we fell short and we've finally made it. Nice job Peake. Now go win the dang thing next weekend!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

D3 is not always tougher than d4. More recruiting catholic schools in d4. In the Collier years spring cent cath would have won it in d1.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as I posted in my game recap - I stuck around to see the Peake "FAMILY" celebrate the Regional Final victory, accepting the Trophy as a TEAM, cutting down the nets at the Convo, the Peake players going into the stands to share their win with family members, friends, fans that have supported the Peake PROGRAM for so many years ... a great scene to witness in person ... throughout the celebrations I watched Coach Davis hugging his assistant coaches, his family - truly humbled by the performance of HIS TEAM on the court ... congratulations Coach on taking the Chesapeake community that has been so close for many years, a community that HAS supported their hoops "program" for so many seasons in the hopes of getting to where YOU have taken them - the State Basketball Final Four ... my "road trips" this past season has allowed me to "get to know" as an outsider some of what is important to the communities around Southern Ohio - Chesapeake was no different - you can learn a great deal being observant when you go to the "games" - reading the programs, reading wall posters, talking to the fans, parents, teachers, workers, coaches ... couldn't help thinking of a couple of folks that I'm sure Coach Davis had in his mind as the hugs were being handed out Saturday night in the post game - Joe Smith and Sue Vickers both long time supporters of the Chesapeake basketball program ...Grover "Joe" Smith who passed away in August and Sue Vickers, the mother of assistant coach Scott Vickers who passed in January of this year ... the two supporters of the kids in Chesapeake, although not present in person , were on the minds of those celebrating a "goal" that I'm sure the two of them foresaw for the kids at CHS ... to ALL of the Chesapeake FAMILY congratulations ... the Show was the goal - accomplished ... now that YOU have made it -might as well win it all ... best of luck to our friends on the river as they now travel Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... remember the baskets Above the Line are still 10 feet high ... bring it back to Southern Ohio ...

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

Very well said pfloyd, you seem to know and fit well in this community. As you stated you are an outsider looking in, but you hit the "3 pointer" with your statement.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Congrats to the Panthers. Finally the bride. All the bouquets you caught over the years finally paid off. All of So. Ohio is behind you. Have fun and enjoy it.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Wow, I was dead wrong on predicting this game! Way to go Peake!! I really thought Ironton would have played better. Peake seemed to be firing on all cylinders right from the tip off! If the Panthers are hitting on all cylinders this coming weekend, then look out!! This Lawrence county native by way of Chillicothe will be pulling for you!!! Best of luck!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Chesapeake Panthers on their regional championship.......the SE District has never had a D3 state champion since the OHSAA expanded to 4 divisions in 1988........so the opportunity is there to make history.

I know it has to feel mighty good for Panther fans to finally get that trip to the Final 4.......regardless of what happens, enjoy the experience.......because to see your school at the state is SPECIAL.........

I have talked to Coach Davis from time to time and I am happy for him and his kids......and I'm quite sure that the Peake will be well prepared to play at 10:45 Thursday morning!!......and I will be there to watch them!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”