Justice verbally committs to Akron?

dunkfest34
Waterboy

Justice verbally committs to Akron?

Post by dunkfest34 »

Rumors have been floating around...any truth to Justice verbally committing to akron this weekend??

dunkfest34
Waterboy

Re: Justice verbally committs to Akron?

Post by dunkfest34 »

well since no one on here could help me out i did my homework and talked to some ppl and found out that this is true! justice committed to akron after their king james tournament in akron.....congradulations blake well deserved

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I havent heard anything from an official source but I'll see what I can find out for you.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/zips/2010/0 ... -to-akron/

Appears to be true. Congratulations to Blake and his family.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

good choice by justice. i didn't realize peebles was in southwest ohio district?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Congrats Blake, im looking forward to making the trip to the convo to watch you play.

Video of Justice breaking the Peebles All-Time scoring record:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQV_b1tbk90

Ledger Independant article on the Akron commitment:
http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/article_69bcbe42-5264-11df-ac28-001cc4c002e0.html
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:good choice by justice. i didn't realize peebles was in southwest ohio district?

I guess they could have ment that Peebles is technically closer to the SW corner of the state then it is the SE.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Congrats Blake!! Great choice!!!

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Congratulations Blake!!!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Congrats Blake!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats to Blake and his family!

ticklethetwine
Waterboy

Post by ticklethetwine »

Congrats Blake

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats Blake!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats to Blake. Excellent Shooter!

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Congrats to a kid who has worked long and hard for what he's accomplished!!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Congrats Blake

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Thats awesome and all, congrats. But just wondering how he is going to fit in, I've seen him play and at 6'2" he isnt as fast at hitchens, he doesn't jump out of the gym, he doesn't rebound well. However he does SHOOT the ball, and in my opinion part of the reason ironton beat them was because of POOR shot selection. I'm just curious as to what he will do for them? Not taking anything from him, I think its awesome but like I said, I don't know how he will fit into a DI program. I mean look at Diebler, he is basically just a shooter, but at the DI level you have to be an amazing athlete and have some size???

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

60ft.6in. wrote:Thats awesome and all, congrats. But just wondering how he is going to fit in, I've seen him play and at 6'2" he isnt as fast at hitchens, he doesn't jump out of the gym, he doesn't rebound well. However he does SHOOT the ball, and in my opinion part of the reason ironton beat them was because of POOR shot selection. I'm just curious as to what he will do for them? Not taking anything from him, I think its awesome but like I said, I don't know how he will fit into a DI program. I mean look at Diebler, he is basically just a shooter, but at the DI level you have to be an amazing athlete and have some size???

Diebler is doing fairly well at Ohio St. for just being a shooter. Yes...he is taller than Blake by 3 or 4 inches but I would not call him an "amazing" athlete. I would not solely look to height and brute athleticism to be markers of how "successful" someone is going to be at the next level, there are a couple people behind Diebler in the buckeyes' lineup that are larger and more athletic than him. Big time college coaches know what they are talking about, if they didnt think he could hold his own against competition at that level then they would have never given him a shot in the first place.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

^^ Very good post!

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

60ft.6in. wrote:Thats awesome and all, congrats. But just wondering how he is going to fit in, I've seen him play and at 6'2" he isnt as fast at hitchens, he doesn't jump out of the gym, he doesn't rebound well. However he does SHOOT the ball, and in my opinion part of the reason ironton beat them was because of POOR shot selection. I'm just curious as to what he will do for them? Not taking anything from him, I think its awesome but like I said, I don't know how he will fit into a DI program. I mean look at Diebler, he is basically just a shooter, but at the DI level you have to be an amazing athlete and have some size???

I agree with you that Justice isnt exceptionally fast, quick, or athletic. What he has is shooting accuracy and range, a superior basketball IQ, and a work ethic & mental toughness that will keep him competing for playing time at Akron. I dont think anybody on here is saying that he will start and be a major contributor early in his career at Akron (at least I hope not). But, if he works really hard and sticks with it he could fit in down the road as a solid role player. Also, you cant compare Ohio State with Akron - not the same level of competition nightly.

Return to “Boys Basketball”