Waterboy

Best multi-sport athlete ever to play at SG

Post by WarrenGee »

Who do you think it was?

Rebels on 3
All State

Re: Best multi-sport athlete ever to play at SG

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Best multi sport athlete at South Gallia was Curt Waugh. Scored over 1000 points in basketball. Also a very good running back for SG.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Best multi sport athlete at South Gallia was Curt Waugh. Scored over 1000 points in basketball. Also a very good running back for SG.
You not like his abuility at Line Backer :?: He did get Defensive Player of the year Rebels on 3 :idea:

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
Rebels on 3 wrote:Best multi sport athlete at South Gallia was Curt Waugh. Scored over 1000 points in basketball. Also a very good running back for SG.
You not like his abuility at Line Backer :?: He did get Defensive Player of the year Rebels on 3 :idea:
Forgot about that Brutus :122245

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

John Wells was a great athlete. Best QB, top 5 ever to play baseball, top 5 ever PG, and no doubt the best golfer ever to play at South Gallia. But, I will have to go with Dustin McCombs. He was the best Athlete to play at the school. Curt Waugh and John Wells were a close second. You also cant leave out Josh Wright, Josh Waugh, Jason Merrick, Bernie Fulks, Dewey Cantrell, or Derrick Beaver.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Beaver and Cantrell played very good defense and were hard hitters on the gridiron.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

If either of them ever did miss a tackle the 05 season I never knew about it because they were always sure tacklers I thought
Last edited by BRUTUS IS A BEAST on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Beaver was one of the hardest hitters to come out of SG.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Rebels on 3 wrote:Beaver was one of the hardest hitters to come out of SG.
At about 140 lbs

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

140 pound wet maybe on a good day :lol:

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

IDK how Dustin could've been the best at SG when he couldn't get the grades through a whole season. Curt Waugh is the best athlete to come through that school. I do agree that you can't leave out Josh,Jason,Dewey,or Derrick, though.

WarrenGee
Waterboy

Post by WarrenGee »

Edit
Last edited by WarrenGee on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Jason Merrick was a very good multi sport player for South Gallia and yes he was the first to reach 1000 points for the Rebels. The other two to reach 1000 for the Rebels are the Waugh brothers, Josh and Curt. If I'm thinking right I think Curt has the most overall points for the Rebels. The Rebels have a more than likely 1000 point player there now in Dalton Matney he is a junior this year and more than half way there. Also Dalton is a very good football player and also a baseball player.

WarrenGee
Waterboy

Post by WarrenGee »

Did Josh or Curt play Baseball for the Rebels during their High School years? I can't seem to remember if they did or not. Also what years do you think fielded the best teams in Football, Basketball and Baseball? I would like to see everyones different opinions.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

No Josh and Curt did not play baseball, they stopped playing in grade school and never got back into that sport.

Football
1. 06 or 05
2. 06 or 05
3. 03 then Idk after that

Basketball
1. 05
2. 06
3. 04

Baseball
Never watched much of it so I have no idea

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Kyle Mooney was just a few points away from reaching 1000 points in his career during the 01-02 season. Idk if he played any other sports or not though but I know he was a sure shot a lot of the times on the hardwood.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Now Now Brutus that 07 basketball team was pretty good :122249 , tied the school record for most wins and has the school record for the least amout of losses. The 07 basketball team even got shorted a game so they could have had the school record for most wins. Also the school record for wins is 16.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Rebels on 3 wrote:Now Now Brutus that 07 basketball team was pretty good :122249 , tied the school record for most wins and has the school record for the least amout of losses. The 07 basketball team even got shorted a game so they could have had the school record for most wins. Also the school record for wins is 16.
Well that would't be the school record of wins if the 05 teams Point Guard and 1000 point scorer didn't have to set the first 2 games because being thrown out of the last football game his junior year and that team has the school record for 13 straight wins in the season. I would place the 07 team at 5th behind the 03 team at 4th. The 07 team had an easy path to the convo imo and just choked. That is just my opinion though so lets see your breakdown since you don't agree with mine :roll:

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Yeah they did choke i agree.

Basketball

Football

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I think you have your football seasons off by a year Rebels on 3. because I think the 07 team was a rebuilding year for us South Gallians

Return to “Boys Basketball”