Waverly @ Wheelersburg 12/17

bballin
JV Team

Waverly @ Wheelersburg 12/17

Post by bballin »

Thoughts ?
Waverly is off to an 0 -3 start but easily could be 2-1.. I look for a hungry ball club coming in to pirate country.. Should be a good ball game.. Burg will have to crash the boards hard to keep Waverly's Martin and Kretzer from dominating the offense of boards. That could be the diffrence in the game.

alabama mike
SE

Re: Waverly @ Wheelersburg 12/17

Post by alabama mike »

It is very difficult to believe that the Tigers are 0-3 on the young season. This team has too much talent to stay down very long. Burg has got to find a way to convert points on the offensive end when given a good look at the basket. I look for Waverly to try to keep the tempo at a fast pace.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Waverly needs to find some offence, or they are going to be 0-4 real quick. Tigers looked real confused sat. against LE. The Tigers need to spread the floor. That would make the big guys, martin and kretzer a lot more effective.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Wheelersburg by 8.

WhatsTheWord
Waterboy

Post by WhatsTheWord »

I think Burg will take this one. Burg by 6

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

This series over the past three to four years has been a great one! The big men in the post are fun to watch and this game should be nothing less than super exciting! Hopefully the weather will permit because this game will be a great one for a cold Friday night!

Too close of a game to even make a prediction..

I think Offensive rebounding will be huge in this game, as it has been in past series.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

With snow, and if these schools are cancelled tomorrow will or can they still play the game..Was planning on trying to make out for this one..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly sometimes plays when they don't have school but it's at Burg. Do not know their policy. Waverly is out of school tomorrow.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Right now (5:45pm 12/16/10 )the game is still on but I heard Scioto County got hit worse than Pike County did. So we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

School is closed tomorrow for Wheelersburg but I do expect the game to be played tomorrow night.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

witness230 wrote:Waverly needs to find some offence, or they are going to be 0-4 real quick. Tigers looked real confused sat. against LE. The Tigers need to spread the floor. That would make the big guys, martin and kretzer a lot more effective.
Sounds like Waverly is still searching for the correct supporting cast and team chemistry.The wins should come as the season unwinds, but pre-season expectations for a banner season may have been too lofty given the Tiger's difficult schedule.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Well, the Tigers will be looking to get their first victory and going to the Burg will not be an easy task. The guard play for the Burg will be outstanding and I believe they have enough muscle in the paint to keep Martin in check.

Look for McBee to have a good floor game and hit deep shots. The Pirates will send the Tigers back to Waverly still in search for their first victory.

Question for Waverly fans - Is Ferguson playing JV or Varsity?

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

I have the jv game tonight & have not heard anything of cancellation yet....
It is still early though...

Hoggy,
Check you messages...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ferguson plays mostly JV, dresses varsity.

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Game has been cancelled for tonight...

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

WOW !!! Glad we don't live near Cleveland we would not have a basketball game all year for snow.. gesh

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Will it be rescheduled any time soon? What about Saturday? Waverly doesn't have another game scheduled until the Holiday Classic on the 28th.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Ryanexpress wrote:I have the jv game tonight & have not heard anything of cancellation yet....
It is still early though...

Hoggy,
Check you messages...

LMAO Ryanexpress...I just checked the message! Good one partner.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Saturday would not be a possibility. Wheelersburg already has a game scheduled.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

This stinks! Man, I was looking forward to this game tonight! I wanted to see how the Tigers were going to respond in their first league game after an 0-3 start, and what a better test than the Pirates. Although we definitely have some issues we need to resolve, I still think this Tiger team can get things going in the right direction and be right in the thick of this league race. Now, we must sit (and practice only) another 11 days at 0-3 before the high-scoring Eastern Eagles come to town at the Holiday Classic. Maybe Waverly and Burg can find a way to sneak the game in before Christmas, but I doubt it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”