dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-11-11

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-11-11

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Well with this crazy weather and many teams not playing tonight why Wait here is the Elite 8.

Action recap: Chesapeake rolls much larger Parkersbug South, WV. Chillicothe Falls to a talent oriented team out of Bowman, IN. Warren falls to Chillicothe then bounces a quality Harvest Prep team. Logan Elm remained un-blemished after rolling Hamilton Township. Piketon hands Unioto their 2nd loss of the season. Ironton Falls to John Glenn in which Zac Carter did not play in the 1st half yet scored over 20 in the 2nd half, the Tigers bounced back the next day by beating Dayton Stivers School of Arts by 15 the same team Chillicothe only beat by single digits. Oak Hill stays un beaten as they blew past Northwest. Peebles wins over Whiteoak. Eastern nips South Gallia by 7.

ELITE 8

1.) CHESAPEAKE (7-0)

2.) CHILLICOTHE (7-1)

3.) LOGAN ELM (8-0)

4.) PIKETON (10-0)

5.) WARREN (8-1)

6.) IRONTON (6-3)

7.) OAK HILL (8-0)

8.) PEEBLES (6-1)

NEARLY IN THE ELITE 8

REEDSVILLE EASTERN (8-0) Their win over Manchester is impressive but their 12 point win over River Valley and their 7 point win over South Gallia are Very skeptical to me.

MANSHESTER (8-1) Lost to Reedsville Eastern yet downed #8 Peebles.
Last edited by dime-a-dozen on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Re: dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-11

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Edit: WARREN is currently 8 - 1

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Edit....Chilly is 7-1....i thought Chilly would drop further,but Bowman is a well respected team...Chilly also stays #2 in the D2 poll...good list thanks dime.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What has Peebles done to warrant being higher than Eastern or Manchester?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't mind it that dime-a-dozen is using pfloyd's elite 8 title.

I used to do my own rankings as well. I did a top 25 and even convinced pfloyd to come over here from the huddle where he and 93bulldog did their separate rankings and batted wits with each other of who was most right....but all in fun. Eventually 93bulldog took a huddle hiatus and pfloyd did his own along with my rankings......well the huddle threw us to a poll's forum that got minimal looks or discussion.....I then left and began doing one over here.....after a few weeks of multiple pages of good debate.....I told him how good it was working over here.....I quit doing it because it took so much time and he kept going. Now he is sick and hopefully will be back ASAP. Hopefully, he can come back and do his own rankings and dime-a-dozen can keep doing his rankings as well.

Maybe he could call his:

Dime-a-Dozens Dozen Dandies

Dime-a-Dozens Baker's Dozen Top 13

Dime-A-Dozens Top 12
Last edited by Ironman92 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Ironman92 wrote:Here is an idea......leave the Elite 8 to pfloyd

I used to do my own rankings as well. I did a top 25 and even convinced pfloyd to come over here from the huddle where he and 93bulldog did their separate rankings and batted wits with each other of who was most right....but all in fun. Eventually 93bulldog took a huddle hiatus and pfloyd did his own along with my rankings......well the huddle threw us to a poll's forum that got minimal looks or discussion.....I then left and began doing one over here.....after a few weeks of multiple pages of good debate.....I told him how good it was working over here.....I quit doing it because it took so much time and he kept going. Now he is sick and hopefully will be back ASAP......but it might be best to do your very own.

Maybe:

Dime-a-Dozens Dozen Dandies

Dime-a-Dozens Baker's Dozen Top 13

Dime-A-Dozens Top 12
I agree, I also would like to know if you factor in a strength of schedule in your power poll.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Does the name really matter? You're still going to get the same results with a couple teams added on the end. Give the guy a break...

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Sorry about the few typos on the record.

Also yes i factor in strength of schedual that is why Peebles is above Eastern and Manchester. Considering Eastern has played River Valley and South Gallia and didn't convincingly beat either of them. I know Manchester beat Peebles but how many teams over .500 has Manchester played? 2 maybe 3.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I leave Chilly at #2 obviously b/c Bowman is a standout ball club only losing to the Huntington Prep Express by 22, I know 22 is alot but when u play somebody the caliber of Prep and only lose by 22 I would take that loss.

Chilly is a good basketball team I would love to see them matchup again either Ironton or Chesapeake that would be a heck of a game!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

who has Peebles beaten that is better than who Manchester has beaten?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

how about dime a dozens dozen dominants? the list wont change until the weather changes :(

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

How about all of you stop whinning. XXXXX XXXXXX!

Ironman why don't you just add something constructive and stop complaining all the time. Its a poll, get over it.

Dime said he did it out of respect in the first place, and when pfloyd comes back I am sure dime will have no problem handing it back to pfloyd and vice versa. I am sure pfloyd is glad someone is continuing the poll. Now, I doubt he is happy that a few of you just won't let it go and are acting like immature babies.

LET IT GO....MOVE ON...STOP SABOTAGING GOOD THREADS!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

couldn't of said it better myself...^^^^

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Goodness.

#1 I like that dime-a-dozen is doing a rankings.....seriously I do
#2 I'm asking him or anyone who Peebles has beaten that would rank them above Manchester....nothing more, nothing less.
#3 My tone is very calm.....if my responses aren't I apologize.

Very simply....who has Peebles beaten to be above Manchester who beat Peebles and has 1 loss as well? I'm not even saying I disagree.....I honestly don't know who each team has played and off the top of my head I can't think of anyone great Peebles has beaten. I'm intending this to be conversation...not debate or arguing.

From my viewings of scores I completely agree with the top 7 but would have Eastern Meigs #8, Manchester #9 and Peebles #10

I am aware of Eastern's schedule and also am skeptical for the same reasons you are.....but I can't put them any lower for they are undefeated AND beat Manchester giving them their only loss. If I see that Peebles has 2 or 3 wins against teams like Eastern Brown, Ripley etc then I could easily move them up to exactly where you have them.....I am simply ignorant on their full schedule thus far.

peake......let's go through my first 3 posts on here that have you so fired up.

My first post on this thread: "What has Peebles done to warrant being higher than Eastern or Manchester" I'm asking a very basic question that I would ask on any poll or rankings I've ever seen in the 7 years I've been posting on these types of threads. It's a simple question with no hidden agendas or anything.

My 2nd post on this thread was a thought to leave the "Elite 8 " part to pfloyd....I can see it being read as a chastising "Here's an idea".....but it really was just an idea...but I can see how it could be taken the wrong way...and I'll edit it with better wording...I just saw on one of your initial rankings that some people thought the same and were for whatever reason offended by you using the same name....I am not.

My 3rd post was a rebuttal to your answer of my first question....but I just wondered who the teams on Peebles schedule that made their SOS higher.

Again, I have no problem with any part of this....and if my 2 questions are indeed sabotaging this thread and your rankings....I won't post anymore to make things better for you.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Ironman92 wrote:Goodness.

#1 I like that dime-a-dozen is doing a rankings.....seriously I do
#2 I'm asking him or anyone who Peebles has beaten that would rank them above Manchester....nothing more, nothing less.
#3 My tone is very calm.....if my responses aren't I apologize.....but geesh you guys are way too touchy if you are going to continue to do these.

Very simply....who has Peebles beaten to be above Manchester who beat Peebles and has 1 loss as well? I'm not even saying I disagree.....I honestly don't know who each team has played and off the top of my head I can't think of anyone great Peebles has beaten. I'm intending this to be conversation...not debate or arguing.

From my viewings of scores I completely agree with the top 7 but would have Eastern Meigs #8, Manchester #9 and Peebles #10

I am aware of Eastern's schedule and also am skeptical for the same reasons you are.....but I can't put them any lower for they are undefeated AND beat Manchester giving them their only loss. If I see that Peebles has 2 or 3 wins against teams like Eastern Brown, Ripley etc then I could easily move them up to exactly where you have them.....I am simply ignorant on their full schedule thus far.

peake......let's go through my first 3 posts on here that have you so fired up.

My first post on this thread: "What has Peebles done to warrant being higher than Eastern or Manchester" I'm asking a very basic question that I would ask on any poll or rankings I've ever seen in the 7 years I've been posting on these types of threads. It's a simple question with no hidden agendas or anything.

My 2nd post on this thread was a thought to leave the "Elite 8 " part to pfloyd....I can see it being read as a chastising "Here's an idea".....but it really was just an idea...but I can see how it could be taken the wrong way...and I'll edit it with better wording...I just saw on one of your initial rankings that some people thought the same and were for whatever reason offended by you using the same name....I am not.

My 3rd post was a rebuttal to your answer of my first question....but I just wondered who the teams on Peebles schedule that made their SOS higher.

Again, I have no problem with any part of this....and if my 2 questions are indeed sabotaging this thread and your rankings....I won't post anymore to make things better for you.

Well stated sir!!!

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Honestly their scheduals are about the same. But if you think Manchester should be in the 8 well then why don't you think Eastern is worthy? They are undefeated. I just look at Peebles and i see one player that can put them over the top or take the games over at any given point. I just dont see Machester or Eastern with that player. You can break it down more ways than just strength of schedual and looking at the skill level of them. Now, yes Manchester beat them but anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I appreciate the things that actually have to do with basketball.

Who cares what the name of his thread is----who cares that is just like pfloyds----who cares?

My frustration isn't only with you its with everyone who feels the need to give their two cents on how this poll should be conducted and why. The guy is doing an excellent job, and I for one appreciate it. He sees a lot of games and I appreciate his insight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

In my previous post I had Eastern #8, Manchester #9 and Peebles #10.

Manchester has the Blevins kid who dominated Ironton last year and will likley being on an all-state team just like Justice of Peebles.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

dime-a-dozen wrote:Honestly their scheduals are about the same. But if you think Manchester should be in the 8 well then why don't you think Eastern is worthy? They are undefeated. I just look at Peebles and i see one player that can put them over the top or take the games over at any given point. I just dont see Machester or Eastern with that player. You can break it down more ways than just strength of schedual and looking at the skill level of them. Now, yes Manchester beat them but anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

Wasnt Blevins from Manchester 1st Team All-State last year? Doesnt that mean that he was considered one of the best 7-8 players in the whole state in D4??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I just checked that thinking the same thing....though I thought he was 2nd or 3rd team.

Blevins was 1st team all-state last season in D4......Justice was special mention for Peebles.

Return to “Boys Basketball”