Final: Portsmouth 73 @ Marietta 59

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth @ Marietta, 2/4/11

Post by biggdowgg »

cant stay on that high after beating Chilli,,,,,Marrietta is a very hard team to beat at home...get back in the gym and get ready

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Portsmouth by 15...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Portsmouth by 20.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Portsmouth will probably be coming out cocky Thursday night, and the Tigers need a win, they should come out fired up, and if nothing, at least give Portsmouth a great game. Marietta's student section did not attend the game at Portsmouth, and that's a big reason for the 20 point deficit. Marietta should give Portsmouth a run for their money, and if they hit their foul shots down the stretch, they can win, but I doubt they will, so I'll go Portsmouth by 5.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

The Marietta student section didn't even attend the Tiger home game Saturday night vs. Gallia!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Any student and/or parent busses for this game?

(Please, no "short cuts" through the forest by attempting to bypass Athens...)

:mrgreen:

last year we had about 6 people at this game... :oops:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

but let me add,,it was a weekday,,,and we drove home in about 2 or 3 inches of snow..

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Gallia wasn't such a huge game and it was the second game in a row for our student section on a Saturday night. Only one home game this week and that is this good SEOAL matchup. I look for it to be close in the first half and then the team who draws more fouls, HITS THEIR FREE THROWS, and plays better defense to pull away and win.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

There are two things that worry me about this game........1) Marietta is a good team, and 2) Portsmouth is coming off an emotional high after beating Chillicothe.........put those two together and the Trojans MUST be ready for a tough game.

I have been to Sutton Gym before and the students are very noisy.......I am hoping that we can have a decent number of fans at the game, including myself if I can get off work on time.

GO TROJANS!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

T-dave...Still looking for Tuesday's JV and freshmen scores. Can you help me so I can complete loop standings. thanks.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Jottings: I wish I had the scores you're looking for, but don't.......sorry.

With the win over Chillicothe, it marked the first time since 1999 that Portsmouth beat its top 3 rivals.......Chilllicothe, Ironton, and Wheelersburg in the same year.

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

PHS freshman won 36-26

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:Won't be able to attend this as Tobias, Jr. is in a basketball tourney in Fairland.

Bring back win number 13, Trojans!

tell,little T good luck.....call if you want scores/...

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

For those who won't be able to make it I am going to be attempting the live gamecast. I tested it the 1st quarter of the Jackson game to get a feel and used to it. The website to watch the gamecast will be
http://basketball.iscorecast.com
When it asks for customer ID
F71C2CD776

You'll be able to see real-time stats and shot charts. I will also be checking on here between quarters and half to see if anyone will have any prolems. Things may not be perfect as I will be doing this from my cell phone but I'm hoping it will keep the Trojan Nation up on the game since I doubt we'll have local radio coverage.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

trojan7 wrote:For those who won't be able to make it I am going to be attempting the live gamecast. I tested it the 1st quarter of the Jackson game to get a feel and used to it. The website to watch the gamecast will be
http://basketball.iscorecast.com
When it asks for customer ID
F71C2CD776

You'll be able to see real-time stats and shot charts. I will also be checking on here between quarters and half to see if anyone will have any prolems. Things may not be perfect as I will be doing this from my cell phone but I'm hoping it will keep the Trojan Nation up on the game since I doubt we'll have local radio coverage.
Great idea trojan7. It is very appreciated by this misplaced oldtrojan!

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Wowzers!!! Good stuff Trojan7!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojan7........great news,,,now they dont have to depend on my thumbless txt mSGES..LOL

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Lol I'd like to see a thumbless texter. I think this game will be better than my first demo because I now know the button layout and how to stop the clock lol. Trojans fast pace game can be tough to catch up with too sometimes lol. Also after the game if anybody wants the complete stats the app has a built in one push email button and I can email it to whoever. Just pm your email address to me.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Really excited to see Bendolph live. I've heard great things about this kid and hope he lives up to the hype.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojan7 wrote:Lol I'd like to see a thumbless texter. I think this game will be better than my first demo because I now know the button layout and how to stop the clock lol. Trojans fast pace game can be tough to catch up with too sometimes lol. Also after the game if anybody wants the complete stats the app has a built in one push email button and I can email it to whoever. Just pm your email address to me.

IM SURE OLDTROJAN, WILL LOVE THAT FEATURE ALSO....

Return to “Boys Basketball”