Freshman Team

FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by FHSstudentsection »

Thoughts on the game?

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by Rvbballdude »

Prob a 20+ point win by the Panthers,no one in the league is big enough to compete with Chessy this year. They coast to a win in this one.
Fairland is a nice Div 3 team,Peake is just that good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Rvbballdude ... when is this game scheduled to be played? ...

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

Friday, February 11, and I believe the following Saturday, February 19, they are playing the make up game. The first one is positive, not too sure about the second one. They play Huntington St. Joe this Tuesday.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks O'fer ...

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Yes your correct.11th at peak 19 home.....I think the dragons can compete.it's always a close game and fisher has really got it together lately

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

No offense but Fisher would be the 7th best player for Chesapeake. Chesapeake by 30+ imo.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

peake wrote:No offense but Fisher would be the 7th best player for Chesapeake. Chesapeake by 30+ imo.
Not sure i agree with this totally. He brings something to the table no one on peake has. Raw out speed while he is a little emotional and sometimes plays reckless,gets in foul trouble,Chad is a pretty good guard. I think he would be the starting PG if he were on that team.

Studentsection, Fairland has played well of late,they just don't have the size to play with Peake. This game could be close for awhile.

Surprisingly last year @ River Valley we gave Chesapeake a good game i think they won in the 12- 16 point range but they can be off.
Beating them with no size,different story.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Rvbballdude wrote:
peake wrote:No offense but Fisher would be the 7th best player for Chesapeake. Chesapeake by 30+ imo.
Not sure i agree with this totally. He brings something to the table no one on peake has. Raw out speed while he is a little emotional and sometimes plays reckless,gets in foul trouble,Chad is a pretty good guard. I think he would be the starting PG if he were on that team.

Studentsection, Fairland has played well of late,they just don't have the size to play with Peake. This game could be close for awhile.

Surprisingly last year @ River Valley we gave Chesapeake a good game i think they won in the 12- 16 point range but they can be off.
No way would Fisher start over anyone Peake uses as a point guard (since they don't seem to have a set one). He's got a nice shot and is a pretty good ball handler, but he's no better than any of the Chesapeake guards. I don't think he's any faster than Hintz. That kid can fly. I have to agree with peake...he would definitely be the 6th or 7th man depending on the situation.

And if I remember correctly, the Peake @ RV game last year wasn't a bit close. Definitely not 12-16 points.

EDIT: Final was 67-29 http://www.irontontribune.com/2010/01/1 ... ley-67-29/

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

conehead wrote:
Rvbballdude wrote:

No way would Fisher start over anyone Peake uses as a point guard (since they don't seem to have a set one). He's got a nice shot and is a pretty good ball handler, but he's no better than any of the Chesapeake guards. I don't think he's any faster than Hintz. That kid can fly. I have to agree with peake...he would definitely be the 6th or 7th man depending on the situation.

And if I remember correctly, the Peake @ RV game last year wasn't a bit close. Definitely not 12-16 points.

EDIT: Final was 67-29 http://www.irontontribune.com/2010/01/1 ... ley-67-29/
I was wrong,i have no problem admitting it!
It was the Game @ Chesapeake last year Chesapeake 49 River Valley 37 12 points
STORY> http://www.irontontribune.com/2010/03/2 ... -matchups/
Nice accurate article, lol we haven't played in Cheshire since 2009 lol
Hintz is no wherenear as fast as Fisher, lol

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

I don't know, and will never know how it would play out if Fisher played for Chesapeake, but I do know that Javon Thompson is the starting point guard for Chesapeake right now and he has done an awesome job. Only a sophomore, and the kid is progressing at the varsity level very well. He is a great ball handler, and has shown he can get the ball to the open man. Doesn't look to shoot that often, but when he does, his midrange game is good. Hintz has also played well this year. Can hit the three ball, and somehow at all 5' 8" or whatever he is, finish around the basket on anybody. Patrick has also done a fine job guarding the opposing teams best players all year. Each player on this team has a key role and they're all contributing effectively. This is a big reason why they've been successful and will continue to be successful.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not trying to put the kid down, I like Chad, he plays hard and is a good athlete, and would be a nice player coming off the bench, but he isn't taking Thompson's job in this system. Chesapeake has three really good scorers that he is not even close to, and what he would be asked to do is take care of the basketball and distribute it, not really what he does best. He is a scorer and really more a 2 guard, but has to play the point because they don't have a true pg.

NO offense RV but playing at RV is not a true sign of how good a team is imo. RV imo is the worst place to play a basketball game. We beat RV my Sr year by 40 at our place and then went to RV and won by 8. The JV basketball coach was the referee of the game, the one referee. Yes 1 ref in a varsity basketball game, who just happens to be the jv coach for RV lol.

Anyways, Evan is a very good player for Fairland down low, he will get some boards and battle hard, and Chesapeake will have some trouble with Chad Fisher because he can score, but the real problem is how will Fairland defend Chesapeake. Who is defending Copley, McMaster, and Kennedy?

Chesapeake overwhelms people with their size. The offense runs through these 3, so you are dealing with 6'2, 6'6' and 6'7. Very difficult to defend Chesapeake with that size, especially when you throw in 6'4 off the bench.

Chesapeake 65
Fairland 39

kb4peake
Waterboy

Post by kb4peake »

Agree that Fisher would not start @ Peake..........doesn't mean he isn't good........starting is over-rated anyhooo!!!!!!! E Kennedy doesn't start.... think he's the difference maker for Peake.....McMaster, Copley , C Kennedy and E Kennedy all can score..... Also Hintz, Thompson and Noble can score if need be. All will D it up!!!!!! Have done well handling roles to this point. Hope it continues for several weeks to come!!!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake 75 Fairland 71 - Prediction

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

Its just as simple as this,Peake will control the inside game so to compete Fairland has to knock down outside shots to stay in this!If the Dragons shoot like they did againist Alexander then they will be in it,If not it could be a really long night!Dragons are a hot team right now though Peake had better not ice down the champagne just yet! ;-)

kb4peake
Waterboy

Post by kb4peake »

Intrigued by the 75 - 71 prediction.......Peake @ South Point : hadn't played in 1 wk., missed 16 foul shots (I think) and won by 22!!!!!!!! Any, I said any, team in the area that did that on the road (post a 1 wk layoff) would have their hands full.......won by 22!!! From reactions (press and fans) I thought they lost and they won by 22!!!!!!! All things being normal........Peake beats Fairland by 16 + H or A..... we shall see...........

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

RV dude, I honestly don't remember the game at home with RV, so I can't say what happened there. I know I went, but it's completely left my memory. I do remember the one at RV, though. We held them to 1 and 2 points in the 1st and 3rd quarters respectively. And we weren't blowing teams out of the water on a regular basis last season, either. I still think Hintz is faster than Fisher. Maybe not so much straight speed, but definitely footspeed and changing directions quickly.

But on this game...I think Peake should win pretty easily. The South Point game Friday wasn't as close as it sounded. If Peake would have hit their free throws, they would have won by around 40; and if they would have made half of their shots in the 2nd half, they would have won by a lot more. They couldn't get a shot off without someone touching them. But I think Peake has the overall advantage on the Dragons. Too much on the inside, and if that's not working, they can move to the outside. All they've got to do is make sure Fisher doesn't have another game like Oak Hill. I'm not too worried about Fairland on the inside.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

NO offense RV but playing at RV is not a true sign of how good a team is imo. RV imo is the worst place to play a basketball game. We beat RV my Sr year by 40 at our place and then went to RV and won by 8. The JV basketball coach was the referee of the game, the one referee. Yes 1 ref in a varsity basketball game, who just happens to be the jv coach for RV lol.
I very Seriously doubt that happened.
That sounds like something that ,would happen at Chespapeake,or Coal Grove. Unless you can tell me what year? I truely don't beleive that.
Totally different coaches at RV now and i am really glad we are leaving the OVC

Help me out with a few facts about Chesapeake? How many of the kids on the current team are from Chesapeake School District? How many live outside of the state of Ohio? What Chesapeake is doing is Illegal!! Some kids even have Kentucky plates on their cars.

Nice public school ball team!

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

I honestly think fisher and salyers would both start for peak.fisher at 1 .put mccmaster at 2 .Collin at 5. salyers at 4.not sure about the 3....just like someone said .we will never know but the line up seems unstoppable that's why I think it's gonna be close.I wouldn't put money for fairland but I think if they play like they have recently it will be a great game.fisher has stepped up unbelievably.30 + against oak hill and alexander both big games for the tournament.we will find out Friday! Go green

Return to “Boys Basketball”