2/18 Wellston @ Vinton Co. (Senior Night)

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Re: 2/18 Wellston @ Vinton Co. (Senior Night)

Post by Run Bubba Run »

Congrats to the Vikings and Coach Combs on a really great win over Wellston. I was especially pleased to see Adam Ward have such a big game in his final game on the home court. He was relaxed and just threw them in from all points on the court. I don't know what his final total was, but it was big for sure. He also played defense with intensity as he and all the other Viking players have all season.

I was wondering where the Osborne boy was. Has he left the team or just ill or injured? I'm sure Derrow wished he had him last night. Even so, the Vikes would have won the game easily.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

You know, with me being within the inner circle, I have a different perspective. Please, bear with me Viking fans. Back on January 14th, Wellston did us a huge favor. I know, it took a couple of Kentucky referees, a very dirty floor, selfish play from us, and the Rockets played outstanding, to beat us by one, 54-53. However, as I look back, that was the turning point in the season for us. Since then, this Viking team has been hungry; rolling off ten wins in a row. Those wins include a 17 point win at Zane Trace, an 18 point win against Meigs, a 23 point defensive effort against Nelsonville-York on their home floor, a comeback win from the State's 6th rated team in Division III, a 13 point win against a Division I opponent, and of course, last night, a 34 point ___________. Furthermore, this is the fifth year in a row that Coach Combs has collected 15 plus wins, and let us not forget, six of the last eight TVC Championships. Therefore, I want to thank Wellston for the loss on January 14th, cause I darn sure wouldn't trade it for anyone these past ten.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

RBR, Adam had 27, that included 6 threes.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Theres that inner circle again.......OK, I promise to share my decoder ring......

Longfellow Deeds
Riding the Bench

Post by Longfellow Deeds »

I would have to agree with you 100 percent on that one. The wellston lost was the best thing that happened to VC so far this year, besides winning another TVC championship. It reminds me of a few years back when VC lost to division 4 Leesburg Fairfield and went on a big winning streak after that. Good luck in the tournament to both VC and Wellston. You are both representing the TVC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”