GREEN vs WHITEOAK

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: GREEN vs WHITEOAK

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Hated to see either team lose, it was the best football game i have seen all year. LOL!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak kids for a long time have really wanted a football team.

#31 is sophomore Doc Seip.....didn't play last year. Great athlete.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Great effort by both teams, although on grid iron might have been a better place to play it

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Whiteoak was 0 - 5 on alley oop dunks. Would you sacrifice your whole season and tourner run just trying to get one? They need to give that up, might work against weaker teams in the season, but it wasn't happening tonight. And for God's sake, could their coach tell them what a charge is? If they expect to go any further in the tourney, they will have to figure that out.

Congrats to both teams for one of the best basketball scrums we have witnesses in a long time.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Green isn't some hack team. They won - or maybe shared - the SOC I crown.
I'm surprised at the tone of some of the posts making it sound like Whiteoak should have just rolled over Green.

We still know how to play basketball in the SOC.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Hey it is what it is Green played like warriors in the 2nd half but missed there foul shots in OT and cost them the game.....
If you have watched Green any this year you would know that they will stand in the lane and take charges all night.... This was a "heck" of a game just wish Green could have pulled it off in the end.... Time for Baseball and Good luck to all the other SOC teams left...........

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green came back after been down a ton to take a lead
and had a chance in the first OT to win but couldn't get
it done. The Cats had a great season a lot of people didn't
think they would. They were Co.SOC I Champs they finshed
at 15-6. great job!!!!!!!!

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Green played as hard as any team i've ever seen. In the end it's hard to hit shots and execute when you're that tired. Both teams had a lot of bench players in Double OT and Whiteoak deserved the win. They got some HUGE offensive rebounds in the OT to fight back and Green had a few to many turnovers and missed foul shots late but putting that much energy in the game was great to watch. Good luck Whiteoak at the Convo.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I have read/heard that Whiteoak is a little "emotionally challenged" so the post on here dont surprise me that much. The charges sound mostly legit - I just thought that maybe kids were sliding under people looking to take a charge every possession. Now, it makes a little more sense what I was talking about when I said you can throw out the 9-11 records that Fairfield and Whiteoak have. Amazing that Whiteaok won with two of their best players fouled out for half of the 4th quarter. Gutsy performance for the bench!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats to Whiteoak on the win.

Congrats to Green on an excellent season!

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Fairfield will go far that team can play WOW..... They handled Clay pretty easy and that dunk in the 4thQ was CRAZY SWEET

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

We know Whiteoak has anger issues but evidently so does Green since one of their players got a technical and from what the radio said should have gotten another one.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i know the soc big school division has been very strong. i know western latham had a good run a few years back. in the small division which teams have made it out of the sectional over the past 10 years?

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Great game. WO deserved to win. Green had their chances just couldn't hit shots and turned the ball over way too much. Great effort though, can't fault them for that. Good luck to WO.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

heck of a game at valley last night... i was in attendance and there was a lot of physical play... the more physical team won... good luck wo and good season cats

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thebull wrote:We know Whiteoak has anger issues but evidently so does Green since one of their players got a technical and from what the radio said should have gotten another one.
The boy that got the T only got it because he said something after his teammate was slammed to the floor by a Whiteoak player on a rebound and no foul was called. The fat official in that game is horrible and has been in every game I have seen him do. There should have been a foul called on that play. The Whiteoak player came down hard on the Green players arm and threw him to the floor and the boy had to be taken out of the game and to the locker room with a head injury. The T was called because his teammate said something and that's all. You can't really blame the boy for standing up for his buddy.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
thebull wrote:We know Whiteoak has anger issues but evidently so does Green since one of their players got a technical and from what the radio said should have gotten another one.
The boy that got the T only got it because he said something after his teammate was slammed to the floor by a Whiteoak player on a rebound and no foul was called. The fat official in that game is horrible and has been in every game I have seen him do. There should have been a foul called on that play. The Whiteoak player came down hard on the Green players arm and threw him to the floor and the boy had to be taken out of the game and to the locker room with a head injury. The T was called because his teammate said something and that's all. You can't really blame the boy for standing up for his buddy.
Although I agree the bigger official was not very good, the green player was issued the technical for stomping on the Whiteoak players chest after the play, not for his verbal altercation with the ref. I don't think its appropriate to stomp on another players chest even if he is standing up for a buddy. Congrats to Green on a good season, and good luck to Whiteoak at the convo. They showed a lot of heart with two of there best players and senior leaders on the bench for most of the 4th quarter and both overtimes.

....................and that my friends, is the ugly truth

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

[ the technical for stomping on the Whiteoak players chest after the play, not for his verbal altercation with the ref. I don't think its appropriate to stomp on another players chest even if he is standing up for a buddy. Congrats to Green on a good season, and good luck to Whiteoak at the convo. They showed a lot of heart with two of there best players and senior leaders on the bench for most of the 4th quarter and both overtimes.

....................and that my friends, is the ugly truth[/quote]

I did not see the green player stomp anybody's chest..... The only person on the floor was the Green player that got slammed to the floor...........

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

There was no stomping of the chest. The technical was called 30 feet away from where the boy got thrown to the floor. Green will post the videos on their website and theuglytruth will come out. Either way, the refs let the game get very physical. Several players should have been T'd up on both sides from what I could see they kids on both sides saying things to the refs and being pulled back by coaches and teammates, it was just so loud in there the refs couldn't hear them.
BTW, how many Green fans got tossed out last night. I counted two and the over/under on the bet was 3.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Whiteoak had some get tossed also. Tournament play is always physical! They let games get out of hand every year! You guys act surprised? The technical was 100% for sure called for the green player stepping on the Whiteoak players chest. If it happened exactly the way the official claimed to see it is TBD but this is 100% the reason the ref called it. His explanation to the coach was that he stepped on the players chest. Fact is Whiteoak moves on and Green goes home.

and that my friend............is the ugly truth.
Last edited by theuglytruth on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”