#1 Warren vs #7 Waverly (District semi-finals)

Tigers24
Freshman Team

#1 Warren vs #7 Waverly (District semi-finals)

Post by Tigers24 »

Should be a dandy in the Convo.....

Thoughts?

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Re: #1 Warren vs #7 Waverly (District semi-finals)

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I'm at a loss for words, I watched Waverly play Portsmouth at Wellston, not much to go on as it marked the return of AB, which would proove to be beneficial to Portsmouths program, however, it makes it hard to determine how well a team plays only watching them once. It seems to me that Waverly stayed with Portsmouth. They have some players. My heart says BLUE wins this, but I tend to be like that.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

Tigers starting to come together...Key to the game is turnovers as it was for Marrieta game can Waverly handle the press. One things for sure the Tigers needs to continue to get great play from Taylor Ward on the defensive side of the ball as he has been putting players on lockdown. Also look for a huge game from Jean Paul White as teams start sliding people to Martin and Kretzer, White should have some good looks from distance or off the bounce. Tigers also must come out in the 3rd and hit the ground running as this has been issue earlier in the season. Should be a titanic struggle at the CONVO.

With the winner facing Chillicothe or Logan Elm.

I'll take the Tigers 65-61.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

Great game lastnight but now its crunchtime!
I got to see Waverly play in Wellston and I think we can def play with them.
The added pressure from the rivalry game against Marietta could very well of prepared us to handle a game like this, and maybe seeing the best game we will play so far next Friday!
Warren needs to get going early and the role players need to shine and the seniors need to shine like they did lastnight. Great coaching adjustments were made and this def is needed....With that many weapons on the floor lastnight, I like our chances if we bring the same type lineup. Everyone on this team is IMPORTANT from here on out and the TEAM BOND needs to get tighter than ever! This could be a magical year and lets ride the wave see how far we can go...I made these shirts for a reason...TO THE CONVO AND BEYOND........
AND I WILL BRING THE SIGNS.....LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!!
SEE YA AT THE CONVO.....LETS GO BLUE!
Tyler you are out ot that logan gym now so need to forget about that place..ha...and Henthorn--Nice shot lastnight :aaaaa24 Love ya man

RangerX7
Waterboy

Post by RangerX7 »

I'd say Warren I'n a close one

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... not many teams who advance to the Convo have the opportunity to bring a totally different TEAM to the floor in the opening tipoff AND have it be MORE potent than the season long starting lineup of a 19-3 team - Warren has that luxury! ... IF so desired Coach Maddox can go from a lineup with 2 scoring threats in Venham/Cunningham of the season long starters to a lineup of Ward, Hastie, Venham, Knost, Cunningham mixed in with Leffingwell where you have 5 scoring threats on the floor at the same time ...throw in Henthorn/Winland/Knost/Hastie/Venham/Cunningham or Ward you get yet ANOTHER lineup to add the ultimate full court pressure D on an opponent ... a GREAT luxury to have as a coach imo ... now is the time when a team can't afford to be down 9+ points to an equally talented opponent OR more than likely to an opponent that IS better, NOW is the time to MAKE SURE that TEAM is in position vs ANYONE to begin that 4th quarter with a chance to pick up the "W" not just "get back into the game"... hard to argue a "point" vs a 19-3 starting lineup LOL - as I posted above Warren has the luxury to be EVEN BETTER as they go into district play ...

... will be consulting my Ouija Board on this one - Waverly with Martin back in the lineup brings inside strength to the floor... the Tigers' season record is meaningless as they are now at full strength in that starting lineup ... can they handle the onslaught of Warrior pressure for 4 quarters? a KEY to this one WILL BE Warren's bench vs the Waverly bench in ALL the napkin stat categories - especially scoring (3's & FTs)/forced TOs ... edge goes to the Big Bad Blue as 32 minutes on the BIG court, under the pressure that Warren WILL bring to the table ... Waverly will have a hard time keeping their starters fresh for 32 - will seem like 40- minutes of physical/pressure play ... my Ouija Board say - take Warren vs yet another "orange & black" Waverly - the Orange & Black will have the Blue seeing/playing with the same intensity of the second half vs Marietta , this time for the entire 32 minutes ...

... looking forward to a great, competitive game from both teams no matter who is on the floor for either team ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

I'm just hoping this isn't a radio game for me. I won't be able to tell Tyler Ward of Warren from Taylor Ward of Waverly.
At this point, the bottom line is I just want to hear Warren over Waverly.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The tigers seem to be on a roll the last couple of games, can they make it three upsets in a row ? I think they can, Waverly by 5.

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

PFLOYD....SOMETHING HAPPENED AT LOGAN LASTNIGHT....A TRUE COACHING MOVE THAT WAS SOMETHING THAT AMAZED THE HUMAN EYE....A DIFFERENT STARTING 5 AFTER HALFTIME....You couldnt have said it any better by the different lineups that the Warriors have! Its tournament time and if that move lastnight is anything of whats to come...then this could be a Landmark year for the Warriors! Ive said it all along that you cant keep putting yourself in a hole just to keep the peace. It almost cost the Boys in Blue the season lastnight.
If the same kinda coaching is put forth like last night....Mr Maddox could be up for Coach of the Year! To defy the laws of Happytown and make that move was a true GUT CHECK!
THE RESULT WAS A TRIP TO CONVO AND A LONGER SEASON FOR A MUCH DESERVED GROUP OF SENIORS! And it didnt hurt any of those kids! They are just as important to the team as they always will be.
So I hope Mr.Floyd , that we are going to be witnesses to something spectacular if it continues. I would prob quit posting if we see the same kinda decisions made and we actually started the first quarter with a LEAD! So THANKYOU MR. PFLOYD FOR THE BEST POST THAT IVE SEEN IN 15 YEARS! THE ;-) SUN WILL COME OUT TMRW!

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Post by Excoach78 »

Pfloyd, do you remember what I told you right before the Marietta game???? Don't forget THE YOUNG GUNS on the BENCH!!!! We did see one of them in the Marietta game. Look for more if needed. You know they can play!! How many does that make that Coach Maddox has to use? Answer, a FULLY LOADED BENCH!!!
GO TEAM WARREN WARRIORS!!!!!!!!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Sounds like this game is over and Waverly can save some gas money by not showing up. Our school finances aren't in the best of shape, but I guess we can afford a bus trip. So we will show up, play the game and talk about it on SEOP after the game.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Excoach78 ... been working some "Convo Math" for Big Bad Blue success in A'town ... this is what I came up with :

Cunningham+Venham+Leffingwell+Hilverding+Hastie+Ward+Knost+Henthorn+Winland+French+Patton = CunningVenwellhamHilLeffingverdingKnoWarstdHasthornHenlandWinFrenPatchton ( translation : the "pieces" of the Blue must come together ... play as ONE no matter who is on the court, no matter how many minutes ... ONE TEAM = W's) ...

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

AMEN< AMEN< AMEN< AMEN< AMEN<AMEN<AMEN< C'mon Blue, We all gotta get together, not just the pieces ALL OF US! You Too CC!

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

I hope both Warren and Chilli win so we can see another dandy between those two teams. I think all SEOAL fans would agree with me.

tiggerfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tiggerfan »

I second that ohiobaseball!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Im pulling for Waverly and the SOC in this one... Good Luck Waverly you have the athletes to pull this one off and continue your great tourny run..

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

i think chilli and warren better worry about LE and Waverly they are both going to have their hands full.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I would personally like to see a Warren vs. LE rematch from last year.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Everybody is 0-0 going into tournament play. For all it is put-up or shut-up. Who comes to play. Hope one of the teams is wearing Warren blue and white. Just play your best Warriors and things will come together.
BELIEVE. and good luck to all concerned.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

I love poor ole Waverly being the huge underdog!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”