SCIOTO VALLEY CONFERENCE JAN 11TH

MRI13
Riding the Bench

SCIOTO VALLEY CONFERENCE JAN 11TH

Post by MRI13 »

As we near the final game(s) of the first round of the SVC things are pretty tight from 1st to 6th....its going to be an interesting second half..

Fridays games

Adena (1-5) @ Paint Valley (0-6)
Huntington (3-3) @ Piketon (5-1)
Zane Trace (5-1) @ Southeastern (3-3)
Westfall (3-3) @ Unioto (4-2)

Adena by 5 for their first back to back wins of the season
Piketon by 15, Huntington cant match Piketons size
Zane Trace over SE by 8...Beam has big night..
Westfall pounds Unioto behind Stonerock and Hardin

MRI13
Riding the Bench

Re: SCIOTO VALLEY CONFERENCE JAN 11TH

Post by MRI13 »

anybody else have any picks/thoughts?

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

paint valley over adena.
piketon big over huntington.
zane trace over southeastern though southeastern may give zt a run for their money.
westfall big over unioto. stonerock 20+.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

ou22 wrote:paint valley over adena.
piketon big over huntington.
zane trace over southeastern though southeastern may give zt a run for their money.
westfall big over unioto. stonerock 20+.
I agree with all of these picks....although if you would have asked me a week ago I would have taken Unioto over Westfall. Seems like there is some problems going on in Frenchtown the past couple of weeks. :122248

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

There are a couple issues in Frenchtown, namely health and inconsistency. Some growing pains for the young Shermans, but I think they will bounce back with a big weekend this weekend. They do know now that they have to ready every night, that's for sure.

I think Piketon-Huntington will be a dogfight. Piketon took multiple cheap shots at the Huntsmen during the preview (the preview!) and Huntington looked to be yapping a lot to entice it. Seems to be some bad blood there, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the Huntsmen play with the Redstreaks, but I think talent ultimiatly wins out for Piketon.

SE pulls off the upset over ZT. SE is a tough place to play and these two match up pretty well. Hice has to stay out of foul trouble for this to happen though. If not, Beam could go for 30.

Adena wins game #2. I know they dropped one on Saturday at Whiteoak, but I think the Warriors will keep playing with confidence and pull off a close win at the Jigger. Stratton and Thomas should each have big nights for their respective teams.

If I'm only right about one game, it's that my Shermans bounce back at home. Should be a rocking gym tomorrow night.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

Piketon and Huntington is always a dogfight no matter how good either team will be a great game to watch.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Roll the sleeves up and put the napkin on cause if this is anything like the past, this'll get messy over in The Township.

What's the over/under on fans getting tossed?
The Chef remembers one night at The Oven few years back where if the memory serves The Chef correctly there were 4.
The Chef remembers also when an elderly gentleman walked completely across the floor to the scorer's table before Piketon's Finest assisted him off the floor. Hope it is totally uneventful other than a good game. The extra stuff is distracting to the players and that's what it should be all about. Those types of events are totally uncalled for and The Chef believes those involved should be prosecuted by local authorities. No place for this type of thing especially in the wake of all these school related tragedies...sad.

Go Streaks!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon 38-21 at the half.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Southeastern 55
Zane Trace 47

Final

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Piketon 75-48.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 58
Westfall 48

Dylan Minney and Hudson North both returned for the Shermans and Minney had to be the player of the game, no clue on points, but countless tips balls and offensive rebounds down the stretch and even a couple of assists for the backup big man.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

teamwork wrote:Southeastern 55
Zane Trace 47

Final
This is a suprising final to me. Congrats Southeastern.

Return to “Boys Basketball”