Minford & Valley SOC Champs 2013

CCC
Riding the Bench

Minford & Valley SOC Champs 2013

Post by CCC »

I am very proud of my Falcons going on the road and winning a share of the SOC title. I saw coach shoemaker call a great game last night and the players finally win the big one that they needed. Minford finally gets over the hump. The last two years have been difficult for football and basketball. They both have had their chances in the end but could not pull it out. The basketball got one for both last night. Minford has won the last five against Norm and seemingly has his number. Congrats to our boys and Coach Shoemaker. Haters gonna Hate!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Minford & Valley SOC Champs 2013

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both Minford and Valley are very good teams and it is well deserved. Either team can make a long run in the tournament if they dont beat themselves.

Congrats to both teams.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Congrats to two very deserving teams on a great season keep it up in March guys !!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Congrats to both schools .. I know this is very special for the folks of Minford !

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congrats to Valley.....this is now back to back SOC 2 titles in football and basketball....in a league where MOST said they couldn't consistently compete.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Valley football and basketball both replaced a ton of talented seniors won both league's when most predicted middle of the pack finishes at best. Those programs are such great shape the next few seasons that I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring it home again next year. It has been a joy to watch Lucasville kids win theses titles while playing for two Valley grads. Very proud to be a member of the Lucasville-Valley Community!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

With the youth I look for this to be the battle for the conference for the future.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

There is a very real chance they could meet in the district finals as well! Congrats to both on splitting that whale of a league!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

danicalifornia wrote:There is a very real chance they could meet in the district finals as well! Congrats to both on splitting that whale of a league!
Don't see them getting by Piketon if not West.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Good luck with Peake!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

NewEra wrote:With the youth I look for this to be the battle for the conference for the future.
Valley's youth is much better, and they return 4/5's of the starting lineup as well as the entire bench. Minford will be solid next year, but the SOC will go through Lucasville for the 3rd year in a row. I do think Minford will be the 2nd best team but Indians will be too much for the entire league.

Best of luck in the tournament to the Falcons! I'm sure they would like one more shot at the Indians. These are 2 very fine teams.

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Bo_Diaz wrote:
NewEra wrote:With the youth I look for this to be the battle for the conference for the future.
Valley's youth is much better, and they return 4/5's of the starting lineup as well as the entire bench. Minford will be solid next year, but the SOC will go through Lucasville for the 3rd year in a row. I do think Minford will be the 2nd best team but Indians will be too much for the entire league.

Best of luck in the tournament to the Falcons! I'm sure they would like one more shot at the Indians. These are 2 very fine teams.
I disagree.... Kenton Gullion, Brandon Rowe, Zach Justice, and the rest of the freshman class I feel can do more as far as off the ball, creating their own shot, etc than the Valley young players. Also the entering 8th grade Minford class is much better than Valley and feature a deep roster with plentiful shooters.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Well, there you have it....the youngin's on the court will show us old farts how right/wrong we are, as should be the case! :122245 :122245 :122245

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Minford was also supposed to be better than Valley this year....in the last 5 they are 0-5. We could do this all day but its rather old. Well let them settle it on the court the next few years

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Coop....... Actually Minford is 1-7 dating back to the 2010 season , And the road to the Conference Champs next season definitley runs through Lucasville ! Proud of these young Injuns !!!!

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Congrats Minford and Valley on your SOC Championship !! I believe that's what this thread was started for not the peeing match it has become !! Unbelievable ..

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Congrats to both teams

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Congrats to Minford and Valley, hope to see both teams battle it out in the District Final.

NTHZONE
Waterboy

Post by NTHZONE »

Obviously no love lost between these 2 rivals . But congrats to Valley and Minford for bringing home the Gold Trophy !

Return to “Boys Basketball”