JV Team

Peebles/paint valley

Post by hbk1999 »

What happened?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles/paint valley

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah, let's hear it. 6 technical fouls...all on Paint Valley? Two sections of the gym were cleared?

Adams Co has fines for those ejected...any of this come into play? What crew was working?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote:Yeah, let's hear it. 6 technical fouls...all on Paint Valley? Two sections of the gym were cleared?

Adams Co has fines for those ejected...any of this come into play? What crew was working?
Shoemaker had Two Technicals. One technical at end of game on player who fouled out. One area of crowd emptied due to threats to ref. Don't know the refs. It was a lot like Peebles vs Paint Valley last year at Bainbridge. You just had to be there.All the players for both teams were very good sports but the crowd got out of control.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Yeah, let's hear it. 6 technical fouls...all on Paint Valley? Two sections of the gym were cleared?

Shoemaker had Two Technicals. One technical at end of game on player who fouled out. One area of crowd emptied due to threats to ref. Don't know the refs. It was a lot like Peebles vs Paint Valley last year at Bainbridge. You just had to be there.All the players for both teams were very good sports but the crowd got out of control.
Thanks

Ridiculous fan behavior.

I do not like the clearing of an entire section. Toss the idiots.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:

Thanks

Ridiculous fan behavior.

It's been wild the last 3 or 4 years between these two schools. Last year it was the same in reverse. A Peebles section was chased.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hoopie74 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:

Thanks

Ridiculous fan behavior.

It's been wild the last 3 or 4 years between these two schools. Last year it was the same in reverse. A Peebles section was chased.
Sounds like Lynchburg/Zane Trace

I wouldn't schedule PV for anything if I were Peebles and vice versa. Too bad though as they are similar schools and not far apart.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Ironman92 wrote:
Hoopie74 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Thanks

Ridiculous fan behavior.

Sounds like Lynchburg/Zane Trace

I wouldn't schedule PV for anything if I were Peebles and vice versa. Too bad though as they are similar schools and not far apart.
Yep, I just feel bad for the kids. Always good games. I agree both teams should schedule someone else in the future. On a lighter note during the girls game last night Jessica Sowards scored her 1000th point and hit 9 threes to ty the school record for threes for girls.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Heard they cleared a whole section and Fairfield's coach was sitting in that section scouting. A Peebles fan told the cops who it was and they let him stay sitting in the middle of a empty section.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

white thunder wrote:Heard they cleared a whole section and Fairfield's coach was sitting in that section scouting. A Peebles fan told the cops who it was and they let him stay sitting in the middle of a empty section.
Lol

Lord I'd be ticked watching my grandson and minding my business and get kicked out of a gym because a few loudmouth idiots.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Lynchburg Clay and Zane Trace do not play each other in any sport after numerous problems in the past.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I'm sure the discrepancy in free throws (P 27, PV 4) had a little bit to do with the overall behavior. When Piketon played Peebles, it was 38-14 in favor of Peebles, and that was at Piketon!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

mikepike wrote:I'm sure the discrepancy in free throws (P 27, PV 4) had a little bit to do with the overall behavior. When Piketon played Peebles, it was 38-14 in favor of Peebles, and that was at Piketon!
Fouls were fairly close till the last 5 min.or so.differance is in fouls on the floor and shooting fouls and technical fouls3 technicals along with foul shots add up. If you look at stats Bearcats took mostly jump shots,Peebles got majority of points at or near the basket. Peebles doesn't shoot very many outside shots. There's were you have to attack to have a chance to beat such a good BIG player. 7 footers aren't easy to play against. In the paint shots equal foul shots.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Shoemaker tweeted the refs were from Sardinia (Eastern Brown), Winchester (North Adams) and Peebles

indians1011
Waterboy

Post by indians1011 »

Mikepike,the fouls were more in favor of Peebles because of all the 3 point shots paint valley took.My understanding is they took 34 three point shots.When your shooting from that distance the entire game,your not going to get fouled near as much.Then count the 3 technicals,2 on the bench and one on the big boy,that shows why the fouls were more in favor of peebles.When a coach goes nuts,uses foul language,and continues to stand up coaching,when hes suppose to be sitting down,im very surprised he wasn't ejected from the game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”