Minford Vs Chesapeake 2-22-3

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Minford Vs Chesapeake 2-22-3

Post by Bleeding Red »

This is one of the better first round matchups in the tournament.

Peake won the first matchup but I think Minford will be hitting on all cylinders and will pull out the win.

Peake likes to play at a slower pace so Minford needs to be agressive early, limit turnovers and play up tempo and force Peake to play from behind.

Minford by 8.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Minford Vs Chesapeake 2-22-3

Post by 4thgoal »

The 4/5 game at Jackson is usually a great matchup and this is no exception. Chesapeake has made it to the Convo the last 5 years in a row and Minford has not made it to the Convo since 2007.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Minford limits their turnovers and plays hard defense, they should make it to the Convo this year.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

This Minford team is far more different than the past few years. The Falcons must play exceptional ball and I'm going to say that the Falcons will prevail in this game. I believe The Falcons will have a much better game than what they did up at Peake. The defense wasn't there that night at Peake. Falcons can't get sloppy and they can't get lazy! Take care of the ball and play "D"

The Falcons will be ready to play ball Friday night! Bring the "D" Falcons!!

GO! FIGHT! WIN! FALCONS! BEAT PANTHERS!!

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

Chesapeake will win this game. Even though Minford has way more talent, Davis is a way better coach and will win this game by 6 points. 48-42 panthers.

Honest question, has McBee ever played at the Convo?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

D4hero wrote:Chesapeake will win this game. Even though Minford has way more talent, Davis is a way better coach and will win this game by 6 points. 48-42 panthers.

Twice....and it's more about the Jimmie and Jo's than X's and O's

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Gotta go with Chesapeake. Minford has not impressed me all year.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Chesapeake has coaching advantage imo.. but Minford has too much talent..Falcons by 9.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

LETS GO PEAKE, LETS GO PEAKE!!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Let's all keep in mind that the first match-up between these two was @ 'Peake, a place that is almost impossible for road teams to win for reasons that I prefer not to discuss on a public forum, in addition to how tough 'Peake usually is as a team. Even through all that, Minford would have won the game if they just hit their free throws (the score was 44-42 'Peake). That does not take away what the Panthers were still able to accomplish this year, as they lost a BOAT-LOAD of talent from the previous 3 years. I belive they went 17-5 this year and shared the OVC. Great season if u ask me.

As for Friday night's game, you obviously can't ask for a tougher match-up this early in the tournament as the Panthers (17-5) take on my Falcons (18-4) Think about that!!!! This is the best season for Minford by far in the last 18 years, won the SOC for the first time since then, only been to the convo once in that same span, and now we have to get past past a team with 17 wins just to get to the Convo. IMHO, I believe that they draw for tournament seeds too early, but it is what it is. The Falcons are more than capable of completing the task on Friday night. They are playing their best ball @ the right time, and I believe that it will show against those pesky Panthers. I don't like predicting basketball scores, but I will say that Minford pulls it out in a very good game.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Minford 50 Chesapeake 47

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:Let's all keep in mind that the first match-up between these two was @ 'Peake, a place that is almost impossible for road teams to win for reasons that I prefer not to discuss on a public forum, in addition to how tough 'Peake usually is as a team. Even through all that, Minford would have won the game if they just hit their free throws (the score was 44-42 'Peake). That does not take away what the Panthers were still able to accomplish this year, as they lost a BOAT-LOAD of talent from the previous 3 years. I belive they went 17-5 this year and shared the OVC. Great season if u ask me.

As for Friday night's game, you obviously can't ask for a tougher match-up this early in the tournament as the Panthers (17-5) take on my Falcons (18-4) Think about that!!!! This is the best season for Minford by far in the last 18 years, won the SOC for the first time since then, only been to the convo once in that same span, and now we have to get past past a team with 17 wins just to get to the Convo. IMHO, I believe that they draw for tournament seeds too early, but it is what it is. The Falcons are more than capable of completing the task on Friday night. They are playing their best ball @ the right time, and I believe that it will show against those pesky Panthers. I don't like predicting basketball scores, but I will say that Minford pulls it out in a very good game.
Minford actually went to the convo in 2006 & 2007

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chesapeake this season going 17-5 after losing the talent from last years team - a testament to the system/program that Coach Davis teaches - fundamentally sound defense ... hold your opponent under 50 ... this year particularly key since the Panthers have a tough time scoring the ball ... EVERY game this season where the 'peake defensively have held their opponent under the magic 50 mark they have won ... Friday night is not a mystery - IF Minford puts up the points Chesapeake will have a tough time matching points - Minford wins , IF Chesapeake can make things difficult for the Falcons to score by putting up the big time D - 'peake wins ... should be a great tactical game for a round one matchup ... best of luck to both teams in starting the one and done season ...

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

What a match up first game of the tournament!

I was at the first game against these two teams and there is NO DOUBT that the Falcons should have won this game! I normally don't like to talk about the refs but they were BAD!!!!
Well, that game is in the past......the Falcons have to be hungry! They have to come out right off the start and show Peake that they mean business and that they are there to win this ball game!

We need to play in your face defense the whole game (like the Webster game) and never let up on the scoring.
Making foul shots and rebounds are a MUST!

I think this match up will be totally different because the Minford boys really want this game.

No doubt in my mind the Falcons will bring home the victory and they will be convo bound!

Let's Go Falcons!
Beat Peake! :aaaaa26

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

D4hero wrote:Chesapeake will win this game. Even though Minford has way more talent, Davis is a way better coach and will win this game by 6 points. 48-42 panthers.

He played a total of 5 tournament games at the Convo during his 2 years at Burg. In 2010, they were district champs and lost to Portsmouth in the Regionals and in 2011 they lost the district final game to Eastern Brown.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I believe the Falcons win this one. They should have too many weapons for the Panthers this season. McBee and co. head to the convo!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford is really getting things together. I think the Falcons will be heading to the convo after tomorrow night.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Is there a radio broadcast of this game tomorrow night?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Should be a double header on the radio WNXT 99.3 FM and at www.wnxtradio.com...
Game one Wheelersburg vs. Ironton @ 6pm and game two Minford vs. Chesapeake @ 8:30.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I have to question a coach throwing his white flag up!! I was a huge fan until he dodged the tigers this year. He not only allowed the tigers to have an edge on his team but showed that he is a cowardly coach!! This series is way too close to dodge a bullett when one team has superior athletes. He is simply a homer and looks for the easy win!! Hopefully we see them at the Convo!!! I hope that coach will put his foot on the throat and never look back.. NORM; a great coach! Davis ridin the end..,??,?,

Return to “Boys Basketball”