Freshman Team

Piketon vs Crooksville 3/8 @Convo

Post by Redstreakin »

Let's get it started!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Piketon vs Crooksville 3/8 @Convo

Post by Ironman92 »

Piketon is going to peak this game. Crooksville has beyond proven that they were seeded 6 or 7 spots too low. Piketon will play their best game.

Piketon 67
Crooksville 55

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

If memory serves me, the 86' team for Piketon beat Crooksville in the district finals to win their first district title! Lets keep that Streak alive! lol Lets Go Streaks~!

Redstreakin
Freshman Team

Post by Redstreakin »

Eagles73... If my memory is correct that would have been a 20-2 Piketon team vs a 10-13 Crooksville team and we escaped with a 1 point win. Throw all records out the windows now.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Crooksville has 150 boys grades 9-11, the smallest other school in the Muskingum Valley League has 248 boys. Sheridan has 399 boys grades 9-11, they are the smallest school and still compete against these bigger schools. Thats why they come in with records they have, but they are battle tested!

CROOKSVILLE (CROOKSVILLE)
JOHN GLENN (NEW CONCORD)
MAYSVILLE (ZANESVILLE)
MORGAN (MC CONNELSVILLE)
NEW LEXINGTON (NEW LEXINGTON)
PHILO (DUNCAN FALLS)
SHERIDAN (THORNVILLE)
TRI-VALLEY (DRESDEN

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

I really liked the Crookesville team, they are gutsy. I really liked the big boy # 44, very strong underneath. Someone's gonna have to deal with him. The Lawson kid is really good too. Either could win this one, but the never give up Streaks sneak out in a tight one again.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I like crooksville in this game

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

IndianFan4life wrote:I really liked the Crookesville team, they are gutsy. I really liked the big boy # 44, very strong underneath. Someone's gonna have to deal with him. The Lawson kid is really good too. Either could win this one, but the never give up Streaks sneak out in a tight one again.
Wow too many games yesterday. I meant Jago is a nice player.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The one thing I really enjoy about watching Crooksville is they are a true 'old school' team ... they will run the 'pick-n-roll' at you all night with Jago and Swingle if you stay in the man-to-man defense ... if you play zone, Jago finds the open spot and can light it up from the outside ... and don't sleep on Lake Channel - No. 1 seed Nelsonville-York did in the sectional finals - and they got bounced.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Interesting match up...I'm sure Coach L is looking at every possible solution to stop Crooksville inside and outside game. The Pick-n-roll is tough to handle on any level. I'm sure the Streaks will be ready and play better than last night. Let's Go Streaks!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Crooksville is a great Cinderella story from the MVL ... Jago is the motor that makes this team run, Swingle the BIG in the middle COULD have had help in the paint with help from a 6-5 junior that is unable to play since game 6 of the season ... as good a Crooksville looks now - a solid offense & defensive team - the Ceramics COULD BE EVEN BETTER with more size in the paint ... BUT that is a woulda, coulda, shoulda scenario - this about the here and now ... Piketon has been up against the wall in 2 games that I have seen this season vs Zane Trace (PHS won in OT) and this last game vs Valley in BOTH games the Streaks relied on their experience to turn up the pressure on the perimeter, in BOTH cases the senior leadership, athletic ability turned what could have been losses into wins ... Crooksville doesn't do anything fancy - the pick-n-roll with Jago/Swingle , you work to shutdown Swingle in the paint Jago & Co. will make you pay from the perimeter ... Crooksville & Jago handle the Minford pressure (only 12 TOs for the game) on the flip side the Ceramic D only forced 10 Falcon turnovers in the game ... there were no Ceramic scores out of the transition game ... Piketon on the other hand scored 5 buckets in the transition game (they will put pressure on the ball) ... the Streaks had 18 TOs vs Valley ... will Piketon be able to put enough pressure on Crooksville to force TO's/score in the transition game? IF the Red Streaks can force upwards of 15+ TOs Piketon wins IF Crooksville handles the Piketon pressure, plays there solid game with the ball (10 TO or less) Ceramics are in this to the end ... Swingle foul trouble WILL be a factor/the BIG must stay on the floor, if not, Farmer and Farmer will control the boards and the paint for PHS - Red Streaks win ... with all of that said - it should be a great high school basketball game!!! ...

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Piketon has to many weapons , we get after m on defense over here in Piketon , streaks by 15+
Well guard little better than them minford did , district champs on Friday. , Mark it down !

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Best of luck to the Streaks!!

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

Crooksville looked very good against Minford but Piketon is too strong.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon must get to the rim in this game and crash the offensive boards. Too many 1 shot possessions for the Streaks against Valley. This is district play, you dont get the touch calls like most of the regular season, take the ball to the rim, especially against their post player. Lets Go Streaks~!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

duck butter wrote:Crooksville looked very good against Minford but Piketon is too strong.

Did you watch the game? Piketon has noone as strong as the Swingle kid. And Minford had McCray and couldnt stop him. The only chance of stopping him is getting him into foul trouble. I still like Piketon in a squeeker. I think that their Senior Leadership brought them back the other night, and I think it will help them prevail again in this one.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Piketon by 15

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eaglesnest wrote:Piketon by 15
I'll take Crooksville by 6.

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

IndianFan4life wrote:
duck butter wrote:Crooksville looked very good against Minford but Piketon is too strong.

Did you watch the game? Piketon has noone as strong as the Swingle kid. And Minford had McCray and couldnt stop him. The only chance of stopping him is getting him into foul trouble. I still like Piketon in a squeeker. I think that their Senior Leadership brought them back the other night, and I think it will help them prevail again in this one.
How about Crooksville's guard that pulled up on McBee three times with his hand in his face and drained every shot? Crooksville by 7. 58-51

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Trojan Man13 wrote:
IndianFan4life wrote:

How about Crooksville's guard that pulled up on McBee three times with his hand in his face and drained every shot? Crooksville by 7. 58-51

Caleb Jago is the Crooksville guard who shot the ball well against Minford. Although he was outscored by Mcbee who had 25pts to lead all scorers. Crooksville was the better team that night. Piketon-Crooksville should be a good one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”