Freshman Team

All (soc1-2 ) teams

Post by osu »

Predictions?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: All (soc1-2 ) teams

Post by MightyOaksFan »

What was the final standings? That will help determine how many from each team make it on first or second teams.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Minford
Valley
Oak Hill
West
Burg
S.webster
Northwest
Waverly
In order of how they finished.

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

Can not remember how many each get on a team, but I'll give it my best guess.

1st team
Minford - Rowe, Gullion, Shepherd
Valley - Rolfe, Brown
Oak Hill - Cox, Harrison
West - Davis, Irwin
Burg - Spradlin
S.webster - Zimmerman
Northwest - Scarberry
Waverly - Henderson

POY - Rolfe

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

Dr_Know wrote:Can not remember how many each get on a team, but I'll give it my best guess.

1st team
Valley - Rolfe, Brown
Oak Hill - Cox, Harrison
West - Davis, Irwin
Burg - Spradlin
S.webster - Zimmerman
Northwest - Scarberry
Waverly - Henderson

POY - Rolfe
I'd say your very close if not right on with your picks. Especially if this is the right number of picks for each team.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Dr_Know wrote:Can not remember how many each get on a team, but I'll give it my best guess.

1st team
Valley - Rolfe, Brown
Oak Hill - Cox, Harrison
West - Davis, Irwin
Burg - Spradlin
S.webster - Zimmerman
Northwest - Scarberry
Waverly - Henderson

POY - Rolfe
That looks pretty much like it.Usually I think POY goes to player on the conference winner ,unless a kid is above and beyond everyone else.Five or six standout players for There respective teams that coach's plan their (game plan)on stopping or at least slowing downI.Probably would pick Gullion all around and unselfish player being from the League Champs

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

1st team
Minford - Rowe, Kelley, Shepherd
Valley - Rolfe, Brown
Oak Hill - Cox, Harrison
West - Davis, Irwin
Burg - Spradlin, Davis
S.webster - Zimmerman
Northwest - Scarberry
Waverly - Henderson

POY - Rowe

Rowe has to be the most consistent and most unselfish player on the team.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

I really like the Davis kid from West for POY. If we are talking about the Most Valuable Player to their respected teams. Davis or Scarberry. If we are talking the best player in the league. I still like Davis or Scarberry. Rowe is going to get his next year. Pretty darn good player. I like him better than Rolfe. So I'd give it to a Senior here

trickdawg99
Waterboy

Post by trickdawg99 »

Gullion is the best player on minford. He is their best defender, best passer and best rebounder. He could have scored a lot more but set his teammates up for easy baskets. Roe was the top scorer but shot a lot. Player of year should be from the league champion. Rolfe and Scarberry played well but should not be poy.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Gullion has never impressed me. His best year was his Freshman year. Who really impressed me from Minford team was the Shepherd boy. But Rowe is the most talented player. I think that is dumb that the POY HAS to go to a player on the league champion team. So Tim Duncan should have won MVP over Kevin Durant last year. Duncan was a better player than Kevin Durant last year???

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

By reading the names that are being thrown out, looks like Minford has several potential players that could receive this award. It should go to one of them for the reason they won the SOCII and DID SO OUTRIGHT. It has always gone to a player from the league champ team.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Not always. Im not even sure Shoe is putting Gullion up for POY. Minford has a lot of solid players and one pretty darn good player. There success comes as a collective unit. Win as a team, lose as a team. Valley has Rolfe and Brown. No one else. West has Davis, no one else. Scarberry is the ONLY thing NW has. Davis and Scarberry are great players. Have impressed me the most individually. Minford as a collective unit has impressed me. I watched them embarrass Burg @Burg. Everyone on that team was contributing. No one really stuck out

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

My point exactly...Minford has several candidates that should receive the award. They all can contribute!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

It most always goes to the league champ, however fair that is. Each team in the league has at least one very good player that each team plans around slowing down to give their team a chance to win. I can name at least one from every team.All you have to do is watch the game and see who your best defender is covering.The difference is some of them don't have much help, some may have one or two, some like Minford have three or four.Thats why you when as a team, the more players you have to account for beating you ,the better chance you have at winning.Minford accomplshed that.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

WRONG Fury! If it should only go to a kid on the Conference winning team, then why do majority of the coaches in the SOC nominate a kid from their team to win the award? Again, Minford has some really solid kids, but neither of them is the best player in this conference this year. Next year will either be Rowe or Rolfe, that is a guarantee.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

oakfan wrote:It most always goes to the league champ, however fair that is. Each team in the league has at least one very good player that each team plans around slowing down to give their team a chance to win. I can name at least one from every team.All you have to do is watch the game and see who your best defender is covering.The difference is some of them don't have much help, some may have one or two, some like Minford have three or four.Thats why you when as a team, the more players you have to account for beating you ,the better chance you have at winning.Minford accomplshed that.
That's the most Sense you have made this year! :lol: :122249

Surprised you didn't come on and say a kid from Oak Hill deserves to be POY.

Minford has two I would choose. Rowe or Guillion!

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Is Shoe even putting the Gullion kid up for it?? Rowe for sure. I don't think you can nominate more than one from your team

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

I've watched all the teams play and all the above mentioned players are good and would be deserving of the poy award. However I personally think the Scarberry kid from NW is the best player I've seen this year. Second would be the Davis kid from PW. I know it usually goes to the winning team, but I don't think either one of these teams would have won a game all year with out them. Minford and Valley have at least three good players each on there teams. They could still win without one of them playing, but Without Scarberry or Davis there teams would not even be in the game. In fact from the games I've seen Minford play I think the Shepherd kid has impressed me the most. He doesn't look like a basketball player to me, but the kid sure has some moves and can shoot.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jmo! I think I would go with Scarberry as poy.
Toughest match up in the league. Plays on a young team gets double and triple team constantly. If not him I would say Davis or Rowe both outstanding players.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Old Timer wrote:I've watched all the teams play and all the above mentioned players are good and would be deserving of the poy award. However I personally think the Scarberry kid from NW is the best player I've seen this year. Second would be the Davis kid from PW. I know it usually goes to the winning team, but I don't think either one of these teams would have won a game all year with out them. Minford and Valley have at least three good players each on there teams. They could still win without one of them playing, but Without Scarberry or Davis there teams would not even be in the game. In fact from the games I've seen Minford play I think the Shepherd kid has impressed me the most. He doesn't look like a basketball player to me, but the kid sure has some moves and can shoot.
Was you reading my mind when writing this.100% agree with your post.

Return to “Boys Basketball”