All (soc1-2 ) teams

trickdawg99
Waterboy

Re: All (soc1-2 ) teams

Post by trickdawg99 »

Soc2 first team should be Rowe,Gullion,Davis,Scarberry,Roth. Minford had the best two players and the best record. Looked like Valley was the best team at end of year but Minford held on to the title. Making it to the Convo made it a great year for the falcons. They were two players away from making it the state. Good luck to Unioto still undefeated going to the regionals.

BBaller4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by BBaller4Life »

jdean11 wrote:Soc2 first team should be Rowe,Gullion,Davis,Scarberry,Roth. Minford had the best two players and the best record. Looked like Valley was the best team at end of year but Minford held on to the title. Making it to the Convo made it a great year for the falcons. They were two players away from making it the state. Good luck to Unioto still undefeated going to the regionals.
I agree with you jdeann11. I think that should be your 1st Team choices with the Player of the Year coming from Minford since we did win the league.
The SOC coaches have ALWAYS given the POY to the league champs so I feel Rowe deserves the honor or at least a share of it.
I'm sure if we would compare stats Rowe's all around numbers are better then Davis or Scarberry (not taking anything away from either player).
If he isn't at least a co-player then there is something wrong with the league coaches or maybe it's a case of one coach scratching another coach's back.

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

2014-15 All-SOC basketball teams
Last updated: March 16. 2015 6:21PM - 31 Views

The following is the All-SOC team as selected by the coaches of the Southern Ohio Conference. The SOC All-Star game will be held at Northwest High School on March 25 at 6 p.m.

BOYS

SOC I

First team: Cole Gilliland (Clay), Nate Hinze (Clay), Cameron King (Clay), Nick Shanks (Western), Bryce Brewster (Western), Akia Brown (East), Blaine Scott (East), Josh Thacker (Eastern), Ethan Leist (Eastern), CJ Smith (Notre Dame), Jacob Klaiber (Symmes Valley), Mark Allen (Green), Tyler Shonkwiler (Glenwood).

Second Team: Aaron Phillips (Clay), Zack Phillips (Clay), Dylan Lee (Western), Gaige Robinette (Western), Drew Lowe (East), Garret Fitch (Eastern), Trevon Turner (Notre Dame), Collin Webb (Symmes Valley), Hunter Lewis (Green), Jared Meade (Glenwood).

Player of the Year: Josh Thacker (Eastern)

Coach of the Year: Adam Betten (Clay)

League Champions: Clay

Order of finish: Clay (12-2), Western (11-3), East (10-4), Eastern (10-4), Notre Dame (7-7), Symmes Valley (3-11), Green (12-2), Glenwood (1-13).

SOC II

First Team: Kenton Gullion (Minford), Brandon Rowe (Minford), Trey Kelley (Minford), Ryan Brown (Valley), Bryan Rolfe (Valley), Jonathan Harrison (Oak Hill), Kyle Cox (Oak Hill), Jacob Spradlin (Wheelersburg), Michael Davis (West),Drew Scarberry (Northwest), Jake Henderson (Waverly), Shane Zimmerman (South Webster),

Second Team: Dillon Shepherd (Minford), Jared Alley (Minford), Blake Howard (Valley), Bryce Romanello (Valley), Cody Swann (Oak Hill), Brandan Adams (Wheelersburg), Steven Irwin (West), Marcus Potter (Northwest), Dakota Garrett (Waverly), Alek Blevins (South Webster).

Co-Players of the Year: Michael Davis (West), Drew Scarberry (Northwest).

Coach of the Year: Josh Shoemaker (Minford).

League Champion: Minford

Order of finish: Minford (13-1), Valley (12-2), Oak Hill (8-6), Wheelersburg (7-7), West (7-7), Northwest (4-10), Waverly (3-11), South Webster (2-12).

Grandma
Waterboy

Post by Grandma »

These results somewhat surprised me for SOC2! Expected a brandon Rowe player of the year tbh

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am somewhat surprised as well, but it is hard to argue that Davis and Scarberry were the 2 best players in the league. This just is not typically what has been done in the past, but I think they got it right.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

4th n Goal wrote:I am somewhat surprised as well, but it is hard to argue that Davis and Scarberry were the 2 best players in the league. This just is not typically what has been done in the past, but I think they got it right.
I agree with you... Is it "Player of the Year" or "Best Player on the Best Team"?

The best two players in the league were awarded correctly. Next year Rowe is a heavy favorite to win it.

Return to “Boys Basketball”