All Conference

Re: Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg 2/6

Post by Regulator »

1st Team to 40 Wins!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I think these game have been knock down drag outs in the past, should be a good one. Have they already played this year?

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Oaks 52-39 at Oak Hill 1st time.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg seems to be playing better as of late and I think the Pirates will pull off the upset tonight.

Captain Morgan
Waterboy

Post by Captain Morgan »

4th n Goal wrote:Burg seems to be playing better as of late and I think the Pirates will pull off the upset tonight.
Upset? How? Oak Hill is younger than us and less athletic than us, why would it be an upset if we win? Throw the records out the window, Oak Hill is playing well and our pirates have underachieved. No moral victories dont tell me "we almost beat minford." ALMOST doesn't mean squat, a loss is a loss!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burgpirater wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:Burg seems to be playing better as of late and I think the Pirates will pull off the upset tonight.
Upset? How? Oak Hill is younger than us and less athletic than us, why would it be an upset if we win? Throw the records out the window, Oak Hill is playing well and our pirates have underachieved. No moral victories dont tell me "we almost beat minford." ALMOST doesn't mean squat, a loss is a loss!
Oak Hill may be 'younger' in age, but how many players with varsity experience did Burg return? 2 is the answer. Oak Hill has a better record against a very similar schedule, beat us earlier in the year, and has as much varsity experience as the Pirates. Burg's team may be older by grade and I do agree we are more athletic, but being older and more athletic does not mean you are an better basketball team. If being a JR/SR and more athletic was the key to winning basketball games, I could pick 10 boys out of Burg's cheer block (football and soccer players) that are upper classmen and who are more athletic as a group than either of the teams who will take the court tonight.....would they win as a basketball team? I would say no way. Could they win track and field events, weight lifting competitions, have better vertical jumping, etc.......absolutely!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Oaks has two starters back. Both are seniors and just as athletic as anyone on burgs roster. Granted we are a young team playing three freshman on the floor with Cox and Harrison (seniors)most of the time.I believe Oaks are playing better niw than earlier in the season.Oaks by 10.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

There is no way it is an upset if Wheelersburg wins! Before the season started, most people would have said OH will be lucky to get a split. No question Wheelersburg should win this game at home!

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Regulator wrote:1st Team to 40 Wins!
Oaks 58-53.They were not the first to 40.

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

Great game. Wheelersburg over came being 8 points down at haft time to take a 4 or 5 point lead going into the 4th quarter. The game then went back and fourth until the last couple of minutes of the game. With time running down a Wheelersburg kid hit a big 3 pointer to give them the lead. Oak Hill took the ball down court with the Swan kid hitting a big 3 pointer giving them the lead for good. After that Wheelesrsburg was forced to foul and Oak Hill made the foul shots. The Cox kid keep Oak Hill in the game hitting some big shots and foul shots under a lot of game pressure. Both teams played extremely hard and neither gave up until the final horn. The Adams kid for Wheelersburg is a very quick kid and had a good game.

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Credit to Oak Hill! They did want they needed to do to get a sweep!

I'm surprised!

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

I think there have been at least 3 games in recent memory for burg that if you put Tom Barrick back in burgs position he doesn't lose that game, the Minford OT game and the Valley game last year when valley won by 2. JMO...

Jtaylor304
Freshman Team

Post by Jtaylor304 »

CCC wrote:I think there have been at least 3 games in recent memory for burg that if you put Tom Barrick back in burgs position he doesn't lose that game, the Minford OT game and the Valley game last year when valley won by 2. JMO...
Barrick has been assisting at East this year and I've had the opportunity to look in on a few practices, I can't believe He's not still Head coach at burg!!! His intensity and attention to detail is off the charts. East is thankful he's there.

Captain Morgan
Waterboy

Post by Captain Morgan »

CCC wrote:I think there have been at least 3 games in recent memory for burg that if you put Tom Barrick back in burgs position he doesn't lose that game, the Minford OT game and the Valley game last year when valley won by 2. JMO...
I absolutely agree. Some ppl wanted our old coach gone so bad but they had NO reason to get rid of him. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener and we've learned that the hard way

My buddy from Webster said the new coach has only proved he can win with superior talent, I didn't believe him at first but geesh. We should be better this year

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

this burg teams record is right where it should be based on the talent it has. in his latter years at burg barrick had a lot of trouble getting kids to come out, they just didnt enjoy playing for him.

Appleg8
Waterboy

Post by Appleg8 »

Tom Barrick had superior talent.It's easy to win 2 point games when you have a better team.Give the coach a chance.He will build a winner.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the burg has the right man for the job, he just came in when the burgs talent level is way down by burg standards. should be a little better next year, the year after that the talent should be pretty good with a solid group of seniors and a very talented group of underclassmen. The burg right now has a great group of young coaches in charge in basketball, baseball and football.

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

CCC wrote:
I think there have been at least 3 games in recent memory for burg that if you put Tom Barrick back in burgs position he doesn't lose that game, the Minford OT game and the Valley game last year when valley won by 2. JMO...

I would have loved to see coach Barrick coaching at Minford here recently. He is a proven winner. I have seen that guy win games that he had no business winning. I would gladly have him lead a program. Minford might have won a few more big games if he was there

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

fbnut wrote:this burg teams record is right where it should be based on the talent it has. in his latter years at burg barrick had a lot of trouble getting kids to come out, they just didnt enjoy playing for him.
This years Pirate team has no height at all. They are basically playing with 4 guards and a small forward out there. Coach Ater has gotten the most out of them thus far and may surprise someone given the right draw in the tournament. As far as Tom Barrick still being the coach at Wheelersburg; I think Tom was tired of Wheelersburg and Wheelersburg was tired of Tom. There is no questioning Coach Barrick's coaching ability. His record speaks for itself.

Return to “Boys Basketball”