Oak Hill @ Valley

here4fun
Varsity

Oak Hill @ Valley

Post by here4fun »

VSN will be doing a live video broadcast for the game Tonight against the Oak Hill . Airtime planned to start at 3:55 tip off is at 4:00 for Junior varsity with the varsity to follow. So if you can't make it out tune in http://thecube.com/event/bbasketball-va ... aks-454178

CCC
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill @ Valley

Post by CCC »

Should be a good one. Two good teams going at each other in SOC II.

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

This was a very good game, and a lot closer than the 9 points difference in Score. Oak Hill played a good hard game, Valley was just a over all better team. I can't figure out Norm's thinking sometimes. I think Valley had two 6'3" kids and one 6'4" kid. Norm started the 6'5" Fleming kid. He only left him in the game for a few minutes and took him out and he never played again all night. That left the Swan kid as Oak Hill's biggest kid and he is only 6'. He also took him out in the first quarter because he made a bad pass and he never played anymore until the third quarter. The Carroll boy was hot to start the game and scored the first 8 or 10 points for Oak Hill, but I don't think he scored any after that. The two Seniors wasn't hitting there shots and was way below there average. The Swan kid did step up again and was Oak Hill leading scorer. As for Valley, they didn't miss very many shots and played excellent defense. I think Valley shot about 70% and Oak Hill shot about 40%. Both teams played very hard the hole game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Old Timer wrote:This was a very good game, and a lot closer than the 9 points difference in Score. Oak Hill played a good hard game, Valley was just a over all better team. I can't figure out Norm's thinking sometimes. I think Valley had two 6'3" kids and one 6'4" kid. Norm started the 6'5" Fleming kid. He only left him in the game for a few minutes and took him out and he never played again all night. That left the Swan kid as Oak Hill's biggest kid and he is only 6'. He also took him out in the first quarter because he made a bad pass and he never played anymore until the third quarter. The Carroll boy was hot to start the game and scored the first 8 or 10 points for Oak Hill, but I don't think he scored any after that. The two Seniors wasn't hitting there shots and was way below there average. The Swan kid did step up again and was Oak Hill leading scorer. As for Valley, they didn't miss very many shots and played excellent defense. I think Valley shot about 70% and Oak Hill shot about 40%. Both teams played very hard the hole game.
Landon Carroll had 13 pts

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Harrison and Cox the two seniors has played a lot of minutes. Night in and out they draw the best defenders and have to cover the other teams best offensive players , always giving up 4 or 5 inches in height.they hardly ever come out of the game. It showed last night looked a little tired. Plus, Cox has been sick. Only play two games the next two weeks, that will give them time to get them rested up. Swann stepped up again with 14 pts. Were a young team,hopefully the down time will get us ready for tourney.

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

Yes they do, and you are right. It's easy to notice and think about the height difference of the kids under the boards, and forget about the guards out front also have that much of a height difference. I think that really good guard for Valley was like 6'3".

Return to “Boys Basketball”