Best pure shooter from this area???

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Best pure shooter from this area???

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I also like the Garrett kid at Waverly and a few of Eastern Pike's guards as well as far as the original topic is concerned.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

King? never heard of him or his Dad. Seriously if they didnt accomplish something after High school kinda dismissed them especially pre-1990's those players back then couldnt play with these kids now.

sinjinian
Freshman Team

Post by sinjinian »

I have never seen a team in this area play defense like Wilmington. They have all the ingredients to make a run at a D1 state title and i doubt any team in the history of the SE district could beat them, just my opinion. Head to head, Beau doesn't score 20 against Wilmington with their freshman point guard on him.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Joe Burrow

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

samuelk wrote:I have never seen a team in this area play defense like Wilmington. They have all the ingredients to make a run at a D1 state title and i doubt any team in the history of the SE district could beat them, just my opinion. Head to head, Beau doesn't score 20 against Wilmington with their freshman point guard on him.
then that would be 18 more than the freshman guarding him cause that kid can't shoot outside 7 feet. They'll make it to the final 4.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Phil Snow from Sabina was the best high school shooter in this area that I have ever seen. A twenty footer was the same as a layup, for him. Aside from him, I thought R.J. Beuclar, from Eastern Brown was the best. He tore the Convo up his senior year. His shooting range was unbelievable. I liked the Unger kid from North Adams, a few years ago, although I only saw him play about three times. But, there was no such thing as a bad shot, for Unger.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Also, Dante Jackson, from McClain, was a better all-around player than Justice, but, not a better shooter. Jackson was a good shooter, but Justice is better. Either of them could play for me, any day.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Beau is a good high school player. U can't compare to d1 players like Ibi Watson or Cumberland who are 6'7 and will probably start for a big 10 team.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Beau is a good high school player. U can't compare to d1 players like Ibi Watson or Cumberland who are 6'7 and will probably start for a big 10 team.
Watson and Cumberland are both about 6'5". Beau had a decent amount of D1 interest as well, obviously not at the Big 10 level though. I can't blame him for feeling West Liberty afforded him the best oppurtunities(playing time, proximity to home, play style, etc). The difference in divisions at the college level I've found to be more related to differences in size and athleticism, not necissarily skills like shooting.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Shooting skills like standing in the gym at lunch shooting threes, or a three point shooting contest? The difference is defensive pressure being applied by D1 athletes that Wilmington and others face. Not the pressure being applied by the SHAC teams. Big difference. Stats dont always tell the whole story.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

domain master wrote:Shooting skills like standing in the gym at lunch shooting threes, or a three point shooting contest? The difference is defensive pressure being applied by D1 athletes that Wilmington and others face. Not the pressure being applied by the SHAC teams. Big difference. Stats dont always tell the whole story.
I would normally agree. But a result of playing in the SHAC is constantly having opposing defenses geared around stopping him. D1 teams don't often have to double team players or put someone in a box and one. You can't double Jaevin/Jarron/Ibi/etc. because they have other elite players around them. Beau gets everything that these smaller teams can throw at him.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

yea, everything Whiteoak, Manchester, North Adams, Fairfield and Fayetteville can throw at you. I can see how that would really be impressive to a big time college coach. Again, apples to apples.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

domain master wrote:yea, everything Whiteoak, Manchester, North Adams, Fairfield and Fayetteville can throw at you. I can see how that would really be impressive to a big time college coach. Again, apples to apples.
Drownin in the hateraid. Big time college coaches recruit the AAU circuit, I'm sure they care about how much Wilmington can beat East Clinton or Hillsboro by.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Not a hater, just a realist. Check out Wilmington's non-league, then get a clue.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

They are both great players, Wilmington is a much better team. Both are great high school players. Cumberland will go big ten and Beau is going to West Liberty. The people who get paid to make these decisions have already made it. Good luck to both. I hope they both get paid to play at the end of the day.

.................and that my friends is the ugly truth!!! :122245

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

domain master wrote:Not a hater, just a realist. Check out Wilmington's non-league, then get a clue.
I'm keenly aware of who they play and how good of a team they have.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
domain master wrote:yea, everything Whiteoak, Manchester, North Adams, Fairfield and Fayetteville can throw at you. I can see how that would really be impressive to a big time college coach. Again, apples to apples.
Drownin in the hateraid. Big time college coaches recruit the AAU circuit, I'm sure they care about how much Wilmington can beat East Clinton or Hillsboro by.

Big Time college coaches recruit 24/7!!!!

Justice can shoot it, no doubt about it!!

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Big Ten, I'm predicting that will never happen too many other factors involved. Not getting into to it. Justice is the best pure shooter period. Beucler scored. A lot partly because the plays were graciously ran for him he couldn't create space like these kids now especially, Cumberland who is excellent at it.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

blackcobra1 wrote:Big Ten, I'm predicting that will never happen too many other factors involved. Not getting into to it. Justice is the best pure shooter period. Beucler scored. A lot partly because the plays were graciously ran for him he couldn't create space like these kids now especially, Cumberland who is excellent at it.
How many teams don't graciously run plays for their best players? Just saying. But agreed Cumberland is great at creating space.

rockbiter
Freshman Team

Post by rockbiter »

Yeah. You would get the impression that Peebles doesn't graciously run plays for Justice to score.

Return to “Boys Basketball”