Meigs thus far

tortilla2
Waterboy

Meigs thus far

Post by tortilla2 »

It's no doubt that the team is young. Ending the game with 4 sophomores and 1 senior in their 59-57 win against Jackson. No disrespect or anything, but I feel like 2, possibly 3 freshman could be in the varsity rotation and compete. I don't see them beating Alex tonight.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Re: Meigs thus far

Post by hardhitter ll »

Give them a chance to grow. The best thing is the baggage is gone.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

I've seen Meigs play in scrimmage this year. Their coach knows what he is doing X's and O's wise, but he may not yet have a feel for who to play. It's still early in the season. He may have to resort to bringing up and playing some younger kids down the road, as one of their top players (I presume he starts) from what I observed is technical-prone. And I ain't talking laptops, either.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'm not sure the baggage is all gone. This season is going as most thought

tortilla2
Waterboy

Post by tortilla2 »

Meigs does not have a solid point guard or big man. With Jaxon Meadows being the only post option that does not do a whole lot of good for Meigs. Only having 1. Kennedy played very well when his number was called against Jackson so look for him to get some decent minutes now. Devan Hawley should also be brought into the rotation, if not start. I honestly believe he may be the best post option for Meigs. As for the point guard position you have many options. Way too many turnovers from the point guard position this year so far. Probably around 90 or so in just 4 games. Look for Christian Mattox to step up some time throughout the year. From what I've seen, he does well under pressure but still has some areas to approve in. Just a thought and prediction on what should or what possibly could be happening. Good luck to the marauders.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

don't think any freshmen are going to help the Marauders should have thought about it before they ran off all the big juniors .playing names has really hurt meigs in the past hope they can overcome that.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

anyone with eyes can see the freshmen are not big enough and are not ready for varsity basketball.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Gobigblue00 wrote:anyone with eyes can see the freshmen are not big enough and are not ready for varsity basketball.
But his eyes are counting 22.5 turnovers per game by 1 player, so I think we can all agree that he's probably in the right here. :lol:

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Anyone should look good against Jackson they are the worst basketball team in ohio.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gobigblue00 wrote:Anyone should look good against Jackson they are the worst basketball team in ohio.
Nope...not the worst

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a final on Meigs-Alexander?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:don't think any freshmen are going to help the Marauders should have thought about it before they ran off all the big juniors .playing names has really hurt meigs in the past hope they can overcome that.
Shouldn't you be wearing Red and White and cheering for Wahama....I mean seriously, You say they ran off all the big Juniors???? There was ONE decent Junior...And how is he doing at Wahama this year?

Now according to this Topic....There IS Freshmen that are ready to play...HOWEVER them stepping right in WILL NOT get them wins right away. Nothing Meigs does this year will get them Wins this year...It will however get them wins in the next couple of years.

As I have said on other topics about all this...We don't have any rhythm as a team. These Varsity boys have not all played together as a team..Yes 3 of the starters have, but that's not enough to come out and put together a bunch of wins. Cause right now it is a me, me, me team.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Need a FINAL SCORE.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

I am obviously not who you think i am.i know little to nothing about wahama. Didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled but you pretty much said the same thing i did.if you are the father of a freshman I meant no disrespect. But I still say you should back all your kids not just freshman and sophomores since you agree nothing going to help for now.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Gobigblue00 wrote:I am obviously not who you think i am.i know little to nothing about wahama. Didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled but you pretty much said the same thing i did.if you are the father of a freshman I meant no disrespect. But I still say you should back all your kids not just freshman and sophomores since you agree nothing going to help for now.
I do not claim to know who you are, nor do I care who you are, but in every single topic about Meigs, You are always saying how A Junior got screwed over, or got ran out and that players with names took over...When everyone knows you are talking about Sheets. Yes have I said before Sheets was and is a great athlete and he would have very well been a great help to Meigs this year and especially next year...But it was not Meigs fault he decided to leave. It was his Dad that up and moved him out of a school district once again. You wanna talk about selfishness, Is it not selfishness to quit on a TEAM if you can't be the STAR athlete? So enough of you having to chime in about the past of Meigs. Fact is he is no longer a Meigs Marauder and Meigs didn't get rid of him...He left...So why do you keep bringing it up?

Now another subject you wanna always talk about for Meigs is that you have to have a name to play????????????? Who has a name? I'm pretty sure you mean Cody Bartrum. You see to me that means you are discrediting a kid for his talent, Yes Cody Bartrum is talented...He would be just as talented and still be playing if his name was John Doe. Is it Cody's fault who his parents are? Should he be denied what he has earned as an athlete? So who is all these names that are supposedly playing...English, Meadows, Lilly, Mahr, Blevins, Mattox, Helton, Hawley, Cullums, Caruthers? Help me out here because I'm trying to see what your talking about when it comes to only playing if you have a name?

Yes my son is a Freshman, No he does not have a name he is very talented...Could he play Varsity...I'm his Father, so of course I'm going to say he could. However, EVERYONE knows he could and EVERYONE knows the talent of the Sophomore, Freshmen and 8th Grade Classes.....That has nothing to do with discrediting the One Senior or 4 Juniors....Just because I personally talk about the next few years for Meigs, does not mean that I'm not supporting the kids that are on that floor this year. Because I'm at all the games wearing my Maroon and Gold and cheering for the Meigs TEAMS.

As far as this whole topic saying that Devon Hawley and Christian Mattox being able to come up and play the Varsity level. Yes I absolutely think they could, and I think two more players are very capable of being up there...but that is only my opinion and there are several others that think it as well...I mean we are 1-4 and the only win we have is against a team that has only won 1 game in 3 years. And we only won that by 2 points in the last few seconds. So it's obvious that what we are doing isn't working and something has to change. And I am not one that can say what needs to be changed...I actually have faith in the Coaches and they will figure something out...I'm not going to sit here and say he don't know what he is doing. Because honestly he doesn't know what he has yet. He will figure it out soon though. I hate to even say anything like I'm about to say, because I in noway want to make it seem like I can be a Coach, But I know in this Sophomore and Freshman Class that they are go getters and they dominate when they are constantly on the move, full speed on offense and defense...SPEED is their Strength....And I only know this because I have had the opportunity to watch them for the last 6 years.

And I will also say I have no clue who this Tortilla person is talking about my son, it definitely isn't me using 2 different user names...If I have anything to say I don't have to create different names.

bumblebeetuna
Riding the Bench

Post by bumblebeetuna »

Not going to argue over anything just making talk over issues that plague meigs.every one all around is talking about it.hope the best for all those kids.ps. You might get another win you play us we are not very good either but goGAHS.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How did Meigs vs. Southern turn out this evening?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Jottings wrote:How did Meigs vs. Southern turn out this evening?
They didn't play this evening...It was on the early Meigs schedule that they were supposed to play, but wasn't on Southerns....After seeing Southerns schedule it is looking like it's scheduled to be played on Feb. 7th.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks. Note--The Gallipolis-Meigs boys games will be played in the old GAHS gym at the corner of State St., and Fourth Ave., on Saturday, Dec. 27 because of a wrestling match in the new gym in Centenary.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Jottings wrote:Thanks. Note--The Gallipolis-Meigs boys games will be played in the old GAHS gym at the corner of State St., and Fourth Ave., on Saturday, Dec. 27 because of a wrestling match in the new gym in Centenary.
Okay, I didn't know this.

Return to “Boys Basketball”