Gallia County basketball

living in the hills
Waterboy

Re: Gallia County basketball

Post by living in the hills »

Bevo strikes again bashing kids the only thing your good at?

givengo
Waterboy

Post by givengo »

I blame a lot on coaches at youth levels for just coaching and not teaching the game. Even though we do appreciate the time they give. Go watch a biddy league or Jr High team practice. I bet most of the practice is working on plays that most of the kids don't remember. If they do, they look like robots running to a spot.
Instead of working on fundamentals. It don't matter how well you run the play when you cant dribble, pass, pivot or protect the ball.

Maybe the varsity coach needs to step in and suggest a practice plan for the youth program. Most of your better varsity teams still work on fundamentals for a good bit of their everyday practice.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

GA 3-18 after losing to Logan Friday night. Do they really only have 1 game remaining in 2 weeks left in regular season?

RV 9-9 1-2 this week. Beating Wellston then losing to Athens and NY. What happened at NY saturday night?

SG 10-8 loss to Miller Friday night.

I really thought RV and SG had legitimate shots at making it to district tourney play. Better turn things around fast or might just be looking at a one and done.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wasn't SG 10-3 when they played Trimble? That's a pretty bad couple weeks. But, their sectional is pretty weak, so I'm guessing they will still make it to the Convo.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

danicalifornia wrote:Wasn't SG 10-3 when they played Trimble? That's a pretty bad couple weeks. But, their sectional is pretty weak, so I'm guessing they will still make it to the Convo.
9-3 going into the Trimble game. 1-3 since that loss.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I always said 24-7 back in the day , 500 shots aday on your own time , but D plays a big part also , But if you can't score you can't win. Most not all coaches move on after there kid moves up , But BBall you got to live it 24-7.Plus you don't leave the court until you make 10 in a row foul shots, BBALL PLAYERS ARE MADE IN THE SUMMER AND YOU PLAY WINTER.FUNDAMENTALS IS WHAT ITS ABOUT!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Olemanbidwell55 wrote:Bevo strikes again bashing kids the only thing your good at?
"OLDMAN" you show me one place i bashed any kid? I bashed the way kids are brought to the coaches to be plugged into a team.
4 unselfish kids and 1 selfish one ends in a losing season!
From here forward, if you can't read and comprehend what I write get someone to read it to you and explain it! I used examples of kids who seem to be not going on the right track or not led by parents in the best manner to be successful. I named no one, but some exposed them selves because of the example, not my fault if you make the bed then you lie in it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”