Varsity

Pike County Holiday Classic Fri/Sat Dec 27/28

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Thoughts and predictions?

THE CLAW IS THE LAW
Riding the Bench

Re: Pike County Holiday Classic Fri/Sat Dec 27/28

Post by THE CLAW IS THE LAW »

I think this is a year in which all 4 teams could win it, I am an eagle fan , so I will take them to win it all, but they will have to shoot extremely well to b victorious , and I believe they can. As long as josh Thacker stays out of foul trouble I believe he will have a big tournament for the eagles and take home the MVP.
Eastern 61 western 54
Piketon 69 waverly 57
Western 58 waverly 55
Eastern 62 piketon 60
All tournament team:
Josh Thacker
Trace creech
Wyatt Brewster
Nick shanks
Aaron heibel

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

No predictions on scores from this poster, but I agree that any of the 4 teams can take home the title. Whichever team gets hot and limits the mistakes will take the title. Piketon is my pick, but I am a little biased! lol Lets Go Streaks~!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Well....throw the records out the window as this tourney usually has some very competitive games and the young men are playing for county bragging rights. I really don't see any of the teams as being overly favored this year and this should be a dandy for the fans. I am pulling for the boys from Beaver, but they need to get out to a quick start and not dig a hole for themselves early.

Good luck to all Pike county teams.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It's going to be a competative classic .

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon over Eastern in the finals

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

All 4 teams are pretty evenly matched. Won't be seeing any outstanding teams this year, but should see 4 competitive games. I got eastern in a close game against piketon for the title. Good luck to all teams and an injury free tournament.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Always a very big stage for all the county teams and usually brings very competitive games no matter what the records are. This year is as evenly matched as I can remember as all 4 teams have a shot to win it. I expect 4 close games..my guesses are.....

Piketon 68
Waverly 62

Eastern 65
Western 58

Consolation game
Western 56
Waverly 53

Championship
Eastern 68
Piketon 64

Should be 2 good nights of basketball

Go Eagles!!!

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

My predictions which aren't based on anything and will probably be way off:

Piketon over Waverly
Eastern over Western

Waverly over Western in consolation game
Piketon over Eastern in championship game

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

In the JV boys Holiday Classic first round games this morning, Western defeated Northwest in the first game, and Piketon beating Eastern in the second contest. Tomorrow at Piketon Hi School starting at 11 am, consolation game Northwest and Eastern, followed by Western and Piketon for the JV championship.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Congrats Eastern and good luck in your bid for 2 classic championships in a row !!!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Any news on the Waverly-Piketon game ?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Waverly won 67-51. Should be a good round of games tomorrow. Still have eastern pulling it out for back to back titles.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 67
Piketon 51

Waverly built a 50-28 lead early in the 4th and weathered a late Redstreak rally.

teamworkwins
Riding the Bench

Post by teamworkwins »

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Rinehart would make a huge difference in Waverly's team. Leadership, energy, etc. Should be a good game with Eastern tomorrow. Defend the perimeter and rebound = a Waverly win. Western and Piketon should be a good game also. Winner of this game depends if Western figures out driving toward the big guys, instead of working inside then out with passing, is not the way to play basketball or Piketon figures out how to finish at the rim. Good luck to all the teams.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

GAME 1
Eastern 75
Western 65

Western lead 20-15 after one and Eastern lead 35-34 at halftime
Western was lead by Dakota Garrett and Nick Shanks with 10 a piece in the first half.
Eastern was lead by Ethan Leist with 12 while Josh Thacker chipped in 8 in the first half.
Eastern extended their lead to 12 to end the 3rd at 55-43.

Josh Thacker had a big 4th period and lead the Eagles with 22 points. Leist added 8 points in the 2nd half to end with 20. Ben Hessen came in off the bench and chipped in 11, Garrett Fitch with 7 (all 2nd half), Trace Creech 7, Justin Fultz 6, Tre Lykins 2.

Dakota Garrett added 14 in the 2nd half to lead the Indians with 24, Ethan Riggs 9 in the first and 2nd half to end with 18, Nick Shanks 13, Chase Fite 6, Bryce Brewster 2, Brandon Brewster 1, Dylan Lee 1.

GAME 2
Waverly 67
Piketon 51

Waverly lead 12-11 after one and 33-16 at halftime
Waverly was lead by Pierce Knisley in the 1st half with 9 points (7 1st period). Joe Henderson came off the bench and poured in 8 points in the 2nd period. Aaron Heibel found his stroke in the 2nd and hit a couple 3's.
Piketon was lead by Wyatt Brewster in the 1st half with 5 points. Aaron Southworth and Shawn Collier each chipped in 4.
Waverly extended their lead to 20 at 44-24 with about 2 minutes to play in the 3rd and lead 46-28 after 3.
Waverly went up 50-28 with around 7:30 to play and were up 53-33 before the Streaks made a run, cutting it to 9 at 55-46 with 4:09 to play. Heibel, Jake Henderson, Gilbert and Knisley hit FT's down the stretch to seal it.

Knisley lead the Tigers with 23 (14 2nd half), followed by Heibel with 19. Joe Henderson added a trey in the 4th to end with 11. Jake Henderson chipped in 7, Eric Rinehart with 3 (big trey off the bench in the 1st period to spark the Tigers), Amin Gilbert and Daniel Heffner with 2 each.

Piketon was lead in scoring by Wyatt Brewster with 18 (13 2nd half), Chase Jones 8, Zack Jordan and Aaron Southworth with 6 each, Tristen Veach 5, Shawn Collier and Casey Moore with 4 each.

The Tigers welcomed Eric Rinehart back to the court for the first time this season. While Eric only scored 3 points I think everyone can agree the Tigers are a much better TEAM with him. His Senior leadership is very noticeable and he adds so much to the mix. I thought Coach Robertson and the coaching staff did an excellent job of working Eric in to get him as many minutes as possible. Eric and all the Tigers need to get some much needed rest tonight and take it easy tomorrow as the Eastern Eagles will bring a lot of pressure at em.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

teamworkwins,

Rinehart makes a huge difference to this Tiger team. He has been the missing link, brings things the other guys don't.
Waverly is a couple plays away from having at least 3 more wins and that was without Rinehart.
Waverly has played a much tougher schedule and it payed off tonight.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

So who does everyone think will win tonights games? Looks to be pretty even match-ups in both contest. Waverly is going to have to get out and guard the perimeter and rebound better tonight to win. Eastern can shoot the ball!!

I was very impressed with Josh Thacker from Eastern. He's quick, smooth and explosive to the basket. I don't think one person can contain him.

And yes smurray…..Waverly is not the same team with Rinehart on the court. We would have two or three more wins if he had been able to play. Looking forward to a couple of excellent games this evening :)

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I thought Rinehart made a huge difference for Waverly..obviously a much better team with him on the floor. Piketon couldn't buy a bucket..id guess they missed 10 layups. Eastern vs Western game was fun to watch both teams got up and down the floor. Eastern shot well the 2Nd half and played good defense to pull out win.Both games tonight I believe will be close...pulling for Eagles to make it 2 Pike Co. Holiday Classic Championships in a row.

GO EAGLES!!!!

judge judy
Riding the Bench

Post by judge judy »

Everyone is down this year, not a good year for sports around the area. Western hung with eastern, and they will hang with Piketon, they would hang with Waverly too. That's now bad the classic is down this year.. No standout players IMO. Waverly needs more than Rinehart. If he was the "missing link" you can be happy with a 6 win season.

Return to “Boys Basketball”