Southeastern 35 Oak Hill 31 (2017 Convo)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Convo: 3/11 (8PM) #9 Southeastern vs. #2 Oak Hill

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT SEASON OAKS. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO SOUTHEASTERN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ANYTHINGGOES1332
Waterboy

Post by ANYTHINGGOES1332 »

It was an unfortunate night for the Oaks but anytime you have #13 and #23 sitting the bench the game changes. #13 controls the tempo and #23 is a great defender. When they're out, who does the Oaks have to replace them? Norm used only 6 players much of the season. No matter what the Oaks had a great year. Good luck to the Panthers, but I have a feeling their Cinderella story will be ending the next game. Highland is quick and aggressive and will not be able to handle the pressure.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Stall ball still works! SoutheasternHolgate had a great game plan and it WORKED. No shame in that game so don't listen to the haters. The Oaks couldn't get the fire started after the 1st quarter and SE brought the H2OMG. Congrats to the both teams on a great season. It's a shame the tournament run for both ends now and soon. Rebuild, reload, and please in the name of all that is holy.... rebound.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:Stall ball still works! SoutheasternHolgate had a great game plan and it WORKED. No shame in that game so don't listen to the haters. The Oaks couldn't get the fire started after the 1st quarter and SE brought the H2OMG. Congrats to the both teams on a great season. It's a shame the tournament run for both ends now and soon. Rebuild, reload, and please in the name of all that is holy.... rebound.

Again SE did not stall. Read my previous post.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Southeastern didn't stall, Oak Hill just plays at a deliberate pace and only takes GOOD shots combined with great defense that takes time to score on by default, their help and recovery is excellent. Oak Hill decided to go zone to start the 4th and Slaughter elected to hold the ball, 2 things could of happened from that point. 1. Oak Hill goes man or extends the zone to force SE to play. 2. SE holds the basketball the entire 4th quarter and goes for the last shot. SE would of took option 2 and as the underdog I don't blame them, you limit possessions often in high school hoops if you are not as strong as your opponent talent wise, but even that is debatable between these 2 teams. if Oak Hill didn't finally go man after about 3 and a half minutes that is just what SE would of done, held for 1. I don't think you can call that a stall game , a stall or delay game is coordinated offensive action to control pace and work in continuity to limit possessions while at the same time using pressure release to exploit pressure defense after you put them to sleep with your action so to speak, not holding the ball outside the zone defense coverage area to make your opponent adjust or go man. If SE decides to delay vs BH , I assure you it will not feature a unguarded player standing at halfcourt with no defensive presence around him. I was surprised that Oak Hill aloud this to happen but at the same time I am not, just watching Oak Hill for 5 minutes anyone can ask how they won 23 games, they don't beat people with overwhelming talent , they went 23-2 with methodical disciplined fundamental basketball combined with great defense and shot selection. Say what you want about Norm , whether you agreed or disagreed but he has 700 + wins and I'm not so sure many other coaches if any would of won 23 games with this particular Oak Hill team. Good Luck to Southeastern vs Berlin Hiland.

Your words not mine playa. Let's just go with "alternative facts" HAHA. Anyway SE better pullout all the stops if they want a chance at upsetting the beast from the east, aka: the school with two last names (Yoder/Miller), aka: Perry Power, aka: The Amish Mafia, aka: The Berlin Wall, aka: "There can only be one HILANDer" aka: 28 boys, 28 three sport athletes. Goodluck to both teams! Hopefully this one is a barn burner and not a barn raising!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

ALLthatJAZZ wrote:Southeastern didn't stall, Oak Hill just plays at a deliberate pace and only takes GOOD shots combined with great defense that takes time to score on by default, their help and recovery is excellent. Oak Hill decided to go zone to start the 4th and Slaughter elected to hold the ball, 2 things could of happened from that point. 1. Oak Hill goes man or extends the zone to force SE to play. 2. SE holds the basketball the entire 4th quarter and goes for the last shot. SE would of took option 2 and as the underdog I don't blame them, you limit possessions often in high school hoops if you are not as strong as your opponent talent wise, but even that is debatable between these 2 teams. if Oak Hill didn't finally go man after about 3 and a half minutes that is just what SE would of done, held for 1. I don't think you can call that a stall game , a stall or delay game is coordinated offensive action to control pace and work in continuity to limit possessions while at the same time using pressure release to exploit pressure defense after you put them to sleep with your action so to speak, not holding the ball outside the zone defense coverage area to make your opponent adjust or go man. If SE decides to delay vs BH , I assure you it will not feature a unguarded player standing at halfcourt with no defensive presence around him. I was surprised that Oak Hill aloud this to happen but at the same time I am not, just watching Oak Hill for 5 minutes anyone can ask how they won 23 games, they don't beat people with overwhelming talent , they went 23-2 with methodical disciplined fundamental basketball combined with great defense and shot selection. Say what you want about Norm , whether you agreed or disagreed but he has 700 + wins and I'm not so sure many other coaches if any would of won 23 games with this particular Oak Hill team. Good Luck to Southeastern vs Berlin Hiland.

Your words not mine playa. Let's just go with "alternative facts" HAHA. Anyway SE better pullout all the stops if they want a chance at upsetting the beast from the east, aka: the school with two last names (Yoder/Miller), aka: Perry Power, aka: The Amish Mafia, aka: The Berlin Wall, aka: "There can only be one HILANDer" aka: 28 boys, 28 three sport athletes. Goodluck to both teams! Hopefully this one is a barn burner and not a barn raising!
I would say, that the people that were actually at the game and saw what happen understand what he was talking about. He described the game correctly. I understand how you drew your conclusion that SE stalled the ball, but it was a strategy played out by two coaches doing what was best for their team. It had nothing to do with stalling or limiting possessions on SE part. Oak Hill did not want to play man because of serious foul trouble and SE wanted to force OH to play man in hopes of getting players to foul out.

I bet if you asked both coaches, they would say they got out of that possession exactly what they wanted. OH wanted to get half way through the fourth without any more foul trouble and SE wanted to force OH into man. (And SE won, so they liked the results).

I do find it interesting that everyone is talking about how smart the SE coach was to force OH into playing man at the end of the game. No one is really talking about the game plan of playing an awful zone to start the game and giving up the lane as easily as they did. SE did make some nice adjustment as the game went on. I was really surprised OH did not stall the ball more against SE in the second when SE refused to guard one of OH players. They were up 11 and a kid was holding the ball desperately trying to find someone to pass it to and SE would not come out and guard him.

Good luck to all.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

The loss for the Oaks is unfortunate, but they will rebound and come back stronger and more experienced with 4 senior starters next season.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the 4 charge fouls called on the Oaks to put Hale and Carroll into foul trouble. I believe the same official called at least 3 or maybe even all 4 of them. I don't have the stats but at least 2 were called in 2nd qtr when the momentum shifted to SE. That has to be some sort of District title game record. That changed the entire dynamic of the Oaks offense in that game. After those calls, the Oaks played timid in the second half for fear of fouls. Those calls were extremely questionable.

I don't want to blame the game on officiating, because it was not a good performance by Oak Hill by any means. However, you have to ask how those sketchy calls mentally affected the Oaks and the outcome of the game.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Oaktown wrote:The loss for the Oaks is unfortunate, but they will rebound and come back stronger and more experienced with 4 senior starters next season.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the 4 charge fouls called on the Oaks to put Hale and Carroll into foul trouble. I believe the same official called at least 3 or maybe even all 4 of them. I don't have the stats but at least 2 were called in 2nd qtr when the momentum shifted to SE. That has to be some sort of District title game record. That changed the entire dynamic of the Oaks offense in that game. After those calls, the Oaks played timid in the second half for fear of fouls. Those calls were extremely questionable.

I don't want to blame the game on officiating, because it was not a good performance by Oak Hill by any means. However, you have to ask how those sketchy calls mentally affected the Oaks and the outcome of the game.
Here is a novel concept, don't want charges called, quit charging!!! Players must adapt, the charges were going to be called, so quit going in like a bull in a china shop. Pretty simple really!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Oaktown wrote:The loss for the Oaks is unfortunate, but they will rebound and come back stronger and more experienced with 4 senior starters next season.

Here is a novel concept, don't want charges called, quit charging!!! Players must adapt, the charges were going to be called, so quit going in like a bull in a china shop. Pretty simple really!
There is a magical and brand new offensive move called a jump stop where a player can avoid picking up a charge.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

What's wrong barlowbandit, seems like you took that a little personal? Were you hoping nobody would mention those ridiculous calls? Or are you actually the bum that made the bum calls? The defense can't be moving backwards nor can they slide under a guy that has already left the floor and is in the air. I'm pretty sure that is taught in officiating 101. This was the case in all 4 calls. He honestly missed the only legitimate charge call on the Oaks that happened in the second half so we will call it a net 3 charge fouls.

Players can't adapt to bogus calls. If you are that guy or know him please feel free to let him know I was the guy sitting in the front row telling him how horrible he was (alongside a couple of neutral fans from Rock Hill who thought it was one sided as well.)

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Oaktown wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

What's wrong barlowbandit, seems like you took that a little personal? Were you hoping nobody would mention those ridiculous calls? Or are you actually the bum that made the bum calls? The defense can't be moving backwards nor can they slide under a guy that has already left the floor and is in the air. I'm pretty sure that is taught in officiating 101. This was the case in all 4 calls. He honestly missed the only legitimate charge call on the Oaks that happened in the second half so we will call it a net 3 charge fouls.

Players can't adapt to bogus calls. If you are that guy or know him please feel free to let him know I was the guy sitting in the front row telling him how horrible he was (alongside a couple of neutral fans from Rock Hill who thought it was one sided as well.)
Any Oak Hill fan saying calls were one sided is hilarious!!!! Norm has been the beneficiary of calls for about 50 years now!

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

JEEPNATION wrote:
Oaktown wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Any Oak Hill fan saying calls were one sided is hilarious!!!! Norm has been the beneficiary of calls for about 50 years now!

Maybe in the past with some of the old school refs that have now retired, but we have seen no love from officiating this year. Honestly, the officiating in Southern Ohio had been horrendous this year, and not just for the Oaks. These refs seem to be looking for "controversial calls" to be in the limelight or to prove a point. Refs are paid to call a fair, impartial game for both teams. The refs in southern Ohio this year seemed arrogant and I personally watched a few of them glare at spectators hoping to get a response so they could flex their puny ref muscles and throw people out. It takes away from the game of basketball. Refs should never impact the outcome of the game. I don't care what issues they have with coaches or fans, they should not let that sway their judgment and I have seen it on more than one occasion this season. In the end, a bunch of kids who have worked their asses off all season are the ones penalized for a pissing contest between adults. The refs need to get over themselves and call fair games both ways.

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan67 »

You Oak Hill fans are so funny or dont know basketball. I stayed after the Fairland game and was actually rooting for Norm but to say the charges were bogus or any of ur comments is just funny. All 4 of those charges were legitimate. No questions asked charges. Completely running the defense over charges. #13 n #23 were playing out of control n trying to do toooo much n trying to get to the rim n they did, after they ran over the other team. Lol. AND dont u think Norm would hv gotten a T at least on the 4th one if he thought they were not charges. Ive watched him get several Ts for less. Lol

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

dragonfan67 wrote:You Oak Hill fans are so funny or dont know basketball. I stayed after the Fairland game and was actually rooting for Norm but to say the charges were bogus or any of ur comments is just funny. All 4 of those charges were legitimate. No questions asked charges. Completely running the defense over charges. #13 n #23 were playing out of control n trying to do toooo much n trying to get to the rim n they did, after they ran over the other team. Lol. AND dont u think Norm would hv gotten a T at least on the 4th one if he thought they were not charges. Ive watched him get several Ts for less. Lol
What's actually funny is that you think anyone would consider a Fairland fans opinion towards the Oaks as unbiased. Apparently you guys are still so infatuated with us you are still following Oak hill posts. :lol:

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Re: Southeastern 35 Oak Hill 31 (2017 Convo)

Post by dragonfan67 »

I just wanted to read your funny crying n whining n lame excuses why u lost to a team thats only won nine games. Lol. N i was wondering when the excuses would turn to the refs. Thats funny. N yes i was rooting for Oak Hill cause i wanted Fairland to stomp you all by about 30 so you could see how a 1 loss team should play. Enjoy ur off season. I gotta game to watch.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

dragonfan67 wrote:Yeh i know. Its called txtn stupid. I know phone txtn is probably a new thing for u country bumpkins. Soooo stupid, its douchebag not duchebag there illiterate douchebag. Who needs OU now. Hahaha.

You Fairland guys should petition for a mascot change from dragons to trolls. It suits you much better.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Go back and count the number of Oaks fans post on Fairland threads this season (Don't worry you will only need 5 fingers). Then count the number of "troll" posts about the Oaks by Fairland fans. What you will find is that we don't give a rats **s about Fairland. However, Fairlaind loves them some Oak Hill Oaks. Lol

dragonfan67
Waterboy

Post by dragonfan67 »

Love listening to you cry. Hahaha. We'll be playing again saturday. Where are you gonna be?

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

dragonfan67 wrote:Love listening to you cry. Hahaha. We'll be playing again saturday. Where are you gonna be?
I will be doing the same thing I'm doing today, same thing I did yesterday and the same thing I will do tomorrow... I will not be giving a rat's **s about Fairland the same as when I started my first post today. You, my friend will obviously still have me and the Oaks on your mind the same as you did when you started reading this today as you claim to be watching your team. :lol: You might want to see someone about that. It can't be healthy.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Oaktown, I don't know what you will be doing Saturday, but Fairland will be playing for a spot in the Final 4.

And only a person who has nothing of substance to add goes attacking grammar.

Return to “Boys Basketball”