Waverly Sectional

coop
SEOPS

Re: Waverly Sectional

Post by coop »

Valley 57
Waverly 42

Valley will come into tomorrow's draw at 19-2 with their 2 losses coming @ Warren and vs Athens @ Peake in 2OT. I expect Valley to be the 1 seed...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

chicken_coop,
I tried, lol. Valley is a very, very nice ball club who should grab the #1 seed. A stretch in the 3rd period of both games (last night and tonight) made the difference. I like the way the Tigers fought and never gave up, cutting the lead to 11 twice in the 4th but again couldn't get a good % of their shots to fall.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

smurray wrote:chicken_coop,
I tried, lol. Valley is a very, very nice ball club who should grab the #1 seed. A stretch in the 3rd period of both games (last night and tonight) made the difference. I like the way the Tigers fought and never gave up, cutting the lead to 11 twice in the 4th but again couldn't get a good % of their shots to fall.
:lol: :lol:

I would have tried the same thing, given reverse situations. I was worried about the Indians playing the same team 2x in the same week, let alone back to back nights. Glad to see em get up there and take care of business.

Good Luck to the Tigers in the draw, and rest of the season!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave wrote:I am hoping the Trojans can get the #2 seed, but we have another good test against Cleveland Martin Luther King on Saturday. MLK is in the top half of the standings in the 12 team Senate League (Cleveland City League). King has a 5-8 guard averaging 22 PPG with a high of 41 vs. Conneaut. PHS will have their hands full with the Crusaders. A must win for Portsmouth to have a chance for that #2 slot. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

If anyone is interested in watching the game, the varsity contest will start at 5:00, with JV at 3:00.

Dave even with the win over MLK I will be surprised if the Trojans get the 2 seed in the draw..the draw always has been and always will be a political .;.rub my back and I will rub yours......

we will see

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Huge win by Portsmouth. They have the most quality wins in the Sectional.
They have beat teams that others in the top of the Sectional would not even attempt to play.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Portsmouth has a legit case for the number one seed. And it's not even far fetched.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

BTW, what is Valley's best win?? Just wondering....

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Portsmouth could be the one, but should be no worse than the two seed.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Valley smashed SVC champion Unioto by 30. That is the only quality win I see outside the league. They have beat Minford and Oak Hill twice in the SOC.
It is hard to find a quality win for Zane Trace outside their league. They split with Unioto.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

teamwork wrote:Valley smashed SVC champion Unioto by 30. That is the only quality win I see outside the league. They have beat Minford and Oak Hill twice in the SOC.
It is hard to find a quality win for Zane Trace outside their league. They split with Unioto.
Dont forget about Valley taking Athens into double OT and loosing that by a questionable call . And I was told by several Athens fans that was their best game of the year .Even though that wasnt a win that still shows who Valley can play with....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Scores (With the cancellations - I can't guarantee this is all of them)

1/31

Eastern 51
Ripley 33

2/1

Eastern 67
North Adams 30

2/4

Westfall 70
Adena 63

Wheelersburg 31
Ironton 28

2/5

Portsmouth 42
Wheelersburg 38

2/6

Portsmouth 71
Ironton 40

Huntington 74
Paint Valley 66

Lynchburg 80
White Oak 31

Peebles 74
West Union 35

2/7

Eastern 50
West Union 46

Valley 63
Waverly 47

South Webster 52
West 47

Wheelersburg 45
Northwest 34

Unioto 44
Adena 37

Zane Trace 79
Piketon 57

Southeastern 56
Huntington 53

Paint Valley 91
Westfall 64

Lynchburg 73
Manchester 61

2/8

Valley 57
Waverly 42

Lynchburg 56
Hillsboro 44

West 63
Adena 53

Wheelersburg 51
Alexander 47

Zane Trace 73
Huntington 61

Southeastern 57
Paint Valley 48

Portsmouth 70
MLK 67

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Standings going into "Selection Sunday"

Valley (19-2)
Zane Trace (17-2)
Portsmouth (15-3)
Eastern Brown (14-3)
Southeastern (15-4)
Lynchburg-Clay (14-5)
Wheelersburg (11-7)
Piketon (11-9)
Huntington (8-11)
West (8-11)
West Union (8-11)
Adena (6-15)
Northwest (5-13)
Westfall (1-18)

I think my SOC, SVC, and Portsmouth are correct. I am not 100% on the 3 SHAC records.

Let the debate begin.....

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

one of portsmouths 2 losses was to a very good Cleveland John Haye team and that game went into over time another loss was to a very good Warren team whothe Trojans beat in round one at warren..their fisrt home loss in like 2 years and the 3rd loss was to south point who has won about 10 games I think .

both teams "SHOULD" BE 1 and 2 I would be happy with either,,,but like I said,,we will see we all know we have seen some crazy stuff over the years

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

1. Valley
2. Zane trace
3. Portsmouth
4. Eastern
5. Southeastern
6. Lynchburg
7. Wheelersburg
8. Piketon
9. West union
10. Huntington
11. West
12. Northwest
13. Adena
14. Westtfall

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

biggdowgg,

I think the reason they wouldnt get the 1, is the "bad loss" to South Point....but it appears they got the 3. No way ZT should be in front of Portsmouth...

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

By the looks of that bracket, it does not make any difference who you play or who you beat.
They just go by what you record is plain and simple.

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Are those the official seedings?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

chicken_coop wrote:biggdowgg,

I think the reason they wouldnt get the 1, is the "bad loss" to South Point....but it appears they got the 3. No way ZT should be in front of Portsmouth...

yeah, In was not expecting 1 but was not expecting 3 either..LOL....even after the bad loss to south point they have won some big time games against some really good teams but we know they will always focus on who you lost to and not who you beat. but we all klnow to get to where you want to be..you have to go through everyone anyway.

best of luck to Valley,I have seen many of their games this year they are a hand full.

Trojans ..you know what you have to do...WIN AND ADVANCE...ITS TOURNY TIME!!

WELLL AFTER CHILLICOTHE,GALLIPOLIS,AND MINFORD games next week it is... :mrgreen:

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

biggdowgg wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:biggdowgg,

yeah, In was not expecting 1 but was not expecting 3 either..LOL....even after the bad loss to south point they have won some big time games against some really good teams but we know they will always focus on who you lost to and not who you beat. but we all klnow to get to where you want to be..you have to go through everyone anyway.

best of luck to Valley,I have seen many of their games this year they are a hand full.

Trojans ..you know what you have to do...WIN AND ADVANCE...ITS TOURNY TIME!!

WELLL AFTER CHILLICOTHE,GALLIPOLIS,AND MINFORD games next week it is... :mrgreen:

Hey......That's why you play the game.......Just hope everybody finishes the season healthy.......and now we can see how it'll all play out.......

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It seems like most years there is an SOC game in the first round or at least an SOC game for a sectional title. I am surprised that with 6 teams in the Waverly/Jackson sectionals that there is no chance of two SOC teams facing eachother until the districts.

Return to “Boys Basketball”