Division II Regional at Ohio University

bsee12345
Varsity

Division II Regional at Ohio University

Post by bsee12345 »

Columbus Eastmoor vs Fairfield Union

Byesville Meadowbrook vs Vinton County.

I will go with Columbus Eastmoor over Fairfield Union and Vinton County over Meadowbrook.

I look for Vinton County to slip by Eastmoor in the Regional Finals. I think the Regional final will be won at the foul line.

Going in I think Eastmoor has to be a slight favorite over the other 3. Any of the 4 are capable of winning the Regional Title.

JV Team

Re: Division II Regional at Ohio University

Post by 1906 »

eastmoor is big talented and athletic, a tough out by anymeans

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Interesting Regional

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

I'll take Fairfield Union

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I shall tap into my inner Paladin here ... none of the teams have a chance vs Eastmoor. None of the teams played tough enough schedules to prepare them for the size & speed of Eastmoor.

Lol

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I keep saying that I think VC wins easily over meadowbrook but it just doesn't seem like VC is playing at their best right now. Maybe I'm totally off, I know some VC guys can chime in. Last year it felt like they peaked at the perfect time but maybe this year it was a little earlier? Regardless I still think they win this game vs the Colts.

Fu will have to handle the presser better than they have in any game in the tourney. I think it's good though that every team they've played has pressured them. They at least won't be surprised by in Thursday. The big difference with eastmoor will be their size and length, and athleticism. I do think fu plays the best man to man defense in the district, and they'll need it big time Thursday. Eastmoor doesn't run a lot of offense, it's basically all motion and 1 on 1. If fu can Guard and make them take tough shots, they'll have a shot to win. Hoping our boys can pull it off and set up a chance to go to the schott.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

If fu the only team that has an opponent also playing in regionals?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Falcon01 wrote:If fu the only team that has an opponent also playing in regionals?

Vinton County played Southeastern who is in the D3 Regionals. Even though they finished the regular season 5-17, it still counts. Right? Lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Falcon01 wrote:I keep saying that I think VC wins easily over meadowbrook but it just doesn't seem like VC is playing at their best right now. Maybe I'm totally off, I know some VC guys can chime in. Last year it felt like they peaked at the perfect time but maybe this year it was a little earlier? Regardless I still think they win this game vs the Colts.

Fu will have to handle the presser better than they have in any game in the tourney. I think it's good though that every team they've played has pressured them. They at least won't be surprised by in Thursday. The big difference with eastmoor will be their size and length, and athleticism. I do think fu plays the best man to man defense in the district, and they'll need it big time Thursday. Eastmoor doesn't run a lot of offense, it's basically all motion and 1 on 1. If fu can Guard and make them take tough shots, they'll have a shot to win. Hoping our boys can pull it off and set up a chance to go to the schott.

Hoping for an all SE district regional final so we're guaranteed a local team in the big show!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dundas wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:If fu the only team that has an opponent also playing in regionals?

Vinton County played Southeastern who is in the D3 Regionals. Even though they finished the regular season 5-17, it still counts. Right? Lol
Been a pretty awesome run for them. Sure, it counts.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

Eastmoor Academy

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Byesville Meadowbrook not the same team they were earlier this year. I understand a couple of kids have left the team in the middle of the year but still a pretty good team.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

justpassinthru wrote:Byesville Meadowbrook not the same team they were earlier this year. I understand a couple of kids have left the team in the middle of the year but still a pretty good team.
Why did the kids leave?? By choice or disciplinary actions?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

justpassinthru wrote:Byesville Meadowbrook not the same team they were earlier this year. I understand a couple of kids have left the team in the middle of the year but still a pretty good team.
That's a bomb of a first post.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I can speak about Columbus Eastmoor from being an eyewitness of the D3 2015 regional final between Eastmoor and Portsmouth. The Warriors were easily the quickest team that an athletic and quick Trojan team had faced all year, and that exceptional quickness caused a lot of turnovers which in the end was the difference in a 49-45 loss. EA had 3 very good guards that year. For any of the other 3 teams to beat Eastmoor, they will have to be able to handle their quickness. Over the many years that I watched Columbus City League teams, two things standout to me........of course the already mentioned quickness, and a fearlessness of any opponent. Those kids see some of the best athletes in Ohio on a weekly basis, quite a few who go on to play at D1 schools. The games in the City League are intense, and the battle for rebounds is fun to watch. Chances are that Eastmoor will employ some form of pressure, be it full court or three quarters.

The Central District has dominated the Athens regionals over the last several years.......I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I believe they are undefeated against the SE district over the past 3 years in the D2, D3, and D4 regionals in Athens. During this period I know that Unioto lost to Walnut Ridge, The Welllington School beat Western Pike, Africentric beat Trimble, and Eastmoor beat Portsmouth. John Glenn won the D2 regional in Athens last year, beating Columbus DeSales.

Evidently from reading the above posts, Eastmoor has some decent size this time around, which they didn't have vs. Portsmouth in 2015.
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

Score predictor website says
Eastmoor. 51
Fairfield Union. 50

Meadowbrook. 73
Vinton Cty. 71
Let's see if this sports site legit

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote:I shall tap into my inner Paladin here ... none of the teams have a chance vs Eastmoor. None of the teams played tough enough schedules to prepare them for the size & speed of Eastmoor.

Lol
Nah, you would have to bash every school, program, coach, player, community, and family in SEO excepting Logan to be like him. And be a lot older and talk about how great you were in high school. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Ground Buck wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:I shall tap into my inner Paladin here ... none of the teams have a chance vs Eastmoor. None of the teams played tough enough schedules to prepare them for the size & speed of Eastmoor.

Lol
Nah, you would have to bash every school, program, coach, player, community, and family in SEO excepting Logan to be like him. And be a lot older and talk about how great you were in high school. :mrgreen:
Wait, skip Bayless is on SEOPS???

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Skiisme wrote:
Why did the kids leave?? By choice or disciplinary actions?
Two kids left this year. One started and was 3rd in minutes per game on the team, quit because he wanted more playing time.
The other got caught on his third strike to say it lightly.

Still a scary team, senior led but the singleton kid, a junior, is the spark plug. They go about seven deep, but they bring a lot of size off the bench, which are all ball handling bigs, about 6'4, 6'5.

You'll be sick of hearing the name "Black" by the end of the night. Three of their seven players are Blacks, two brothers, one cousin.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thanks for the info Traveler. This seems to be a real good match up and is going to be an awesome game. Seems like from what I've read, both teams are quick and have shooters. I think this game will come down to free throws. VC is a good shooting team, I would say they are near 80% for the tournament so far. Best of luck to both teams and an injury free exciting game!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”